Guidelines of decorum
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:25:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Guidelines of decorum
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guidelines of decorum  (Read 34000 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2007, 10:19:43 PM »
« edited: November 24, 2011, 12:10:06 AM by Bacon King, VP »

I have been given the privilege and the honor of moderating four boards to replace The Vorlon.

So, in the next few paragraphs, I will explain what I expect from you and what you can expect from me.

What I expect from you:

I believe in fairness, respect, and dignity.  I will cover these three areas:

1) Fairness -- be fair, listen to other's opinions, and voice your opinion with respect

2) Respect for the Individual --
        No name calling.  All posts of the like will be deleted and the individual will be notified by personal message that the post was deleted and why. 
        No foul language.  I understand that emotions can and will run high from time to time, but keep it under control, please.  We are all adults or older teenagers and very capable of using civil language.  I will either edit any foul language I see, or if its too bad, I will delete the post and notify the offender by personal message of the action and why.

3) Dignity -- Do unto others as you would have them do to you.  You want to be treated like a human being, so treat others like a human being.

Also, keep focused on the subject matter of the thread.  Slight deviations are okay, but hijacking is inappropriate and the hijacked thread will subsequently be locked.  Also, focus on the subject, not the individual.
If a thread starts getting off topic, I, or the thread creator, will quote back to where it started deviating and ask that it get back on the main road.

I encourage you to start a thread when no one has started your topic.  I do ask one favor of each creator, that you help me to try to keep the subject matter on the main road.

What you can expect from me:

If you have any questions, concerns, or anything of that nature.  You can PM me or e-mail me at jabrown_2007@yahoo.com.

If someone you see is in violation of the rules above, then use the "report to moderator" link.  Again, be fair, be respectful and be dignified when you use that link.

Dave Leip and I as well as the other moderators will keep in touch and I will address any concerns that you or I cannot resolve to Dave.

Have fun posting!!!
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 01:37:07 PM »

Since I'm the new mod for this board, please note that the above still applies. Except contact me instead of BushOK. Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 11:26:22 PM »

Since I'm the new mod for this board, please note that the above still applies. Except contact me instead of BushOK. Tongue

Right.  And can you fix the thread title?  Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 10:36:25 PM »

Right.  And can you fix the thread title?  Tongue

Done Tongue
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 07:15:35 PM »

Besides just decorum, can we address the issue of germaneness? This board is called Presidential Election Trends. The broader category of boards this is under is called Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion. The only threads we should see in this board should be ones that pertain to presidential elections. But in the last three weeks or so, we've seen four threads posted in this board that pertain only to congressional elections (in the future), and have nothing to do with presidential elections. There may be more than these four that I haven't looked for in previous pages.
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=496282.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=496349.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=495148.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=493996.0

All of these threads belong under the category of Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion, whether they go under Congressional Elections board or Election Predictions board.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies