Guidelines for Decorum -- Oklahoma City Democrat Version
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:54:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Guidelines for Decorum -- Oklahoma City Democrat Version
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Guidelines for Decorum -- Oklahoma City Democrat Version  (Read 13992 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2007, 10:23:18 PM »

I have been given the privilege and the honor of moderating four boards to replace The Vorlon.

So, in the next few paragraphs, I will explain what I expect from you and what you can expect from me.

What I expect from you:

I believe in fairness, respect, and dignity.  I will cover these three areas:

1) Fairness -- be fair, listen to other's opinions, and voice your opinion with respect

2) Respect for the Individual --
        No name calling.  All posts of the like will be deleted and the individual will be notified by personal message that the post was deleted and why. 
        No foul language.  I understand that emotions can and will run high from time to time, but keep it under control, please.  We are all adults or older teenagers and very capable of using civil language.  I will either edit any foul language I see, or if its too bad, I will delete the post and notify the offender by personal message of the action and why.

3) Dignity -- Do unto others as you would have them do to you.  You want to be treated like a human being, so treat others like a human being.

Also, keep focused on the subject matter of the thread.  Slight deviations are okay, but hijacking is inappropriate and the hijacked thread will subsequently be locked.  Also, focus on the subject, not the individual.
If a thread starts getting off topic, I, or the thread creator, will quote back to where it started deviating and ask that it get back on the main road.

I encourage you to start a thread when no one has started your topic.  I do ask one favor of each creator, that you help me to try to keep the subject matter on the main road.

What you can expect from me:

If you have any questions, concerns, or anything of that nature.  You can PM me or e-mail me at jabrown_2007@yahoo.com.

If someone you see is in violation of the rules above, then use the "report to moderator" link.  Again, be fair, be respectful and be dignified when you use that link.

Dave Leip and I as well as the other moderators will keep in touch and I will address any concerns that you or I cannot resolve to Dave.

Have fun posting!!!
TonyP63
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 08:11:10 PM »

What is it like being liberal in such a red state?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 01:58:56 PM »

Oklahoma City is significantly more pro-Biden than the residue of the state; Oklahoma County nearly voted for him.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2021, 02:01:43 PM »

Oklahoma City is significantly more pro-Biden than the residue of the state; Oklahoma County nearly voted for him.
In some parts of Oklahoma City, being pro-Trump would be the marginal position.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 02:04:31 PM »

In some parts of Oklahoma City, being pro-Trump would be the marginal position.

Exactly. Oklahoma County as a whole is fairly competitive, and therefore much bluer than the rest of the state.
To prove my point, see this map I made, where Oklahoma County is blue and the rest of the state is yellow, and the corresponding election statistics. For example, Oklahoma County gave Democrats 51.45% of the two-way vote in the 2018 House elections, while the rest of the state (even in a Democratic wave year) went for the GOP with nearly 67% of the two-way vote.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies