Kerry May Get Primary Challenger (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:26:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kerry May Get Primary Challenger (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How much will Kerry win the Primary by?
He will lose

Over 90%

Over 75%

Over 66%

Over 60%

50%-60%

Under half

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 25

Author Topic: Kerry May Get Primary Challenger  (Read 1454 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: May 18, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »

Hope this challenger kicks Kerry off. Kerry's really unpopular and the last thing I want (next to the GOP winning the White House in 2008) is a Massachusetts senatorial seat falling to the GOP.

He's not at all unpopular around Democrats.  It's Republicans and to a much lesser extent Independents who are dragging him down - just the sort who aren't likely (or perhaps even able - I don't know their primary rules) to vote in the primary.  And once the primary's over, the Republicans don't have a single credible candidate in the entire state, so I don't particularly anticipate a very difficult battle for Kerry.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 01:31:57 AM »

I chose 50-60%.  I read somewhere, and I can't remember now, that only 34%, or something around there, want Sen. Kerry to seek re-election while 66%, or close to, don't want him to.  If anyone has a link to that, or further information, please post a link.

Of whom most were Republicans and Independents.  Democrats wanted him to run for re-election by like 60+%.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 04:03:33 PM »

Hope this challenger kicks Kerry off. Kerry's really unpopular and the last thing I want (next to the GOP winning the White House in 2008) is a Massachusetts senatorial seat falling to the GOP.

IF (an amazingly large IF) John Kerry loses the primary AND Mitt Romney is either the presidential or VP nominee AND IF the Republicans find a decent challenger, they COULD win this seat.

Who would the GOP run?

They don't hold a single notable office in all of Massachusetts now that Romney is gone.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies