What is the earliest Presidential election a _______ could be elected? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:12:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What is the earliest Presidential election a _______ could be elected? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the earliest Presidential election a _______ could be elected?  (Read 1008 times)
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: December 20, 2023, 02:17:39 PM »

Jew - 2000, a plurality of Americans voted for a Jewish vice president this year.

Muslim - 2050s, I can see this happening more with a charismatic black candidate that was Muslim but not very religious.

Unaligned theist (*) - 2030s, it would be a Democratic candidate who doesn't have a denomination but believes in God, Heaven, prayer, etc.

Woman - 2028.

Bisexual - 2070s, I actually think a gay person would get elected before a bisexual one.

Homosexual - 2050s for a woman, 2060s for a man.  It would actually not be that hard to imagine a popular and likable lesbian candidate becoming POTUS.

Trans - Not in this century, although I do predict that gradually we'll see a disproportionate number of trans people run for office and actually do very well at the statewide level.  Maybe for every 100 trans people, 30% or more are either somewhat or very involved in electoral politics by the 2050s.  When you're under attack, you gotta fight back.

Atheist - 2060s, but they'd have to not say anything that would be criticized as anti-religious.  A simple "I'm not religious, more so spiritual" would be enough.  For someone that said "I don't believe in God" that would be around 2100.

Has many visible tattoos - In a country where that's common among everyday people, it won't even be something to talk about, so 2028.  Besides, they'd be covered up mostly all the time.

Emo fan - lol.  2024... a personal like of a certain kind of music is not enough to cancel them out as a POTUS.  We'll probably have POTUSes who are really into heavy metal once we get into Gen X and the millennials.

Many of these automatically become more likely if the person is a celebrity first.  They don't even need to have political experience.  A popular enough celebrity (whether its acting or music or sports, etc.) can bypass the political process and run with wider instant name recognition.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies