Downwiththeleft (R) vs. Jamespol (D)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:34:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community
  Forum Community Election Match-ups (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Downwiththeleft (R) vs. Jamespol (D)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for?
R/R

R/D

D/D

D/R

I/R

I/D

I/I

R/I

D/I

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: Downwiththeleft (R) vs. Jamespol (D)  (Read 3653 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 23, 2007, 10:20:09 PM »
« edited: May 23, 2007, 10:22:22 PM by Sooner State Independent »

Down, libertarian-leaning northeast-Republican chooses Kevin, a Virginian conservative as his running mate.

Jamespol, a conservative-leaning Democrat from Missouri picks Nym90, a more liberal Democrat from Michigan as his running mate.

Who would you vote for?  Is there a strong third party?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 10:21:31 PM »

down is not libertarian leaning.  He is hard right in social views.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 10:25:30 PM »

Bingo.

Calling himself "libertarian-leaning" does not hide his conservative views.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 06:47:48 AM »

I'd rather jump off a bridge here, actually.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 12:13:42 PM »

I voted for DWTL purely because I know you set this up to get jamespol to win. Tongue
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2007, 12:24:11 PM »

First thing I'd do is reverse the Democratic ticket. Nym has long been a forum buddy of mine, and I tend to agree with his views more than I would a hardcore right Republican, or an embarrassingly conservative Democrat.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2007, 01:42:40 PM »

I really hold zero conservative social views except for abortion (which there are plently of pro-life libertarians), gay marriage (religious), and support of the Patriot Act.  I more than make up for that with hardcore libertarian positions of opposing a National ID card, legalization of all drugs, legalization of prostitution, abolishment of the FCC, and other issues like that.  To say I'm more conservative than libertarian is absurd.
Boris
boris78
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.55, S: -4.52

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 03:51:11 PM »

I really hold zero conservative social views except for abortion (which there are plently of pro-life libertarians), gay marriage (religious), and support of the Patriot Act.  I more than make up for that with hardcore libertarian positions of opposing a National ID card, legalization of all drugs, legalization of prostitution, abolishment of the FCC, and other issues like that.  To say I'm more conservative than libertarian is absurd.

If you oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, wouldn't it be logical to also oppose the legalization of prostitution on the same grounds?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 05:51:18 PM »

If you oppose gay marriage on religious grounds, wouldn't it be logical to also oppose the legalization of prostitution on the same grounds?

No, b/c prostitution is something that a person does an individual choice, an also against gay marriage b/c it degrades society and makes a mockery.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 06:07:55 PM »

No, b/c prostitution is something that a person does an individual choice, an also against gay marriage b/c it degrades society and makes a mockery.

Prostitution doesn't?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »

Prostitution doesn't?

No b/c it's a one-time or isolated event usually, not something that comes with a certificate
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »

If one believes (which you probably don't) that men and women and gays and straights are equal, how would gay marriage degrade society and make a mockery? Doesn't marrying and divorcing five times create a bigger mockery? Why should the latter be legal and the former not?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 07:23:10 PM »

If one believes (which you probably don't) that men and women and gays and straights are equal, how would gay marriage degrade society and make a mockery? Doesn't marrying and divorcing five times create a bigger mockery? Why should the latter be legal and the former not?

Because being gay is not something to flaunt in the streets, deny it all you want but is the kind of stuff the terrorists get pissed off about and they are right to get pissed about it.  We anger the majority of the civilized world where religion is respected and not pissed on
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 07:30:16 PM »

Oh yes, Osama bin Laden would be perfectly fine with the US if we simply dropped the campaign to legalize gay marriage.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 07:39:02 PM »

He would also not have ordered operatives to kill thousands of Americans, if only we had public hangings of gays at Madison Square Garden and forced all Jews to live in reservations in Nevada.
Sensei
senseiofj324
Atlas Icon
Panama

Political Matrix
E: -2.45, S: -5.57

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 10:53:40 PM »

Because being gay is not something to flaunt in the streets, deny it all you want but is the kind of stuff the terrorists get pissed off about and they are right to get pissed about it.  We anger the majority of the civilized world where religion is respected and not pissed on

Then how do you explain your positive social score on the matrix?
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 10:56:27 PM »

Do you honestly believe that the terrorists hate America because America is tolerant of gay people, or are you just saying this to get a reaction?
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 02:17:55 PM »

You see my dear friend Gabu, Iran is the pinnacle of civilization. They recognize how the infidel Americans are the Great Satan and anyone who does not believe in their belief will burn in hell for eternity.

Actually, it's likely DWTL is like Hawkeye a while back. Regardless, he should understand he's lucky Dave did not ban him after his BlueDogDem account was uncovered.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 02:23:35 PM »

Do you honestly believe that the terrorists hate America because America is tolerant of gay people, or are you just saying this to get a reaction?

A combination of the two Smiley
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 02:37:54 PM »

If that was what the terrorists hated America for, why wouldn't they go after someone else?  America is one of the least tolerant places of gay people in the Western world.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 09:00:11 PM »

D/D (It's a given)
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 10:27:52 PM »

The fake Libertarian against the fake Democrat. I'll take option c, please.
Conan
conan

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 10:35:34 PM »

If that was what the terrorists hated America for, why wouldn't they go after someone else?  America is one of the least tolerant places of gay people in the Western world.
That's actually not true.
Verily
Cuivienen
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.78

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2007, 11:22:57 PM »

"One of the" means Australia can be equally intolerant and not discredit the statement. (Poland is not part of the Western World.)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 03:30:10 PM »

"One of the" means Australia can be equally intolerant and not discredit the statement. (Poland is not part of the Western World.)

Basically.  I mean, if the terrorists hate America because they don't lynch gay people, why wouldn't they instead blow up the CN Tower or something?  Canada has legalized gay marriage outright, for God's sake.  We're orders of magnitude more sinful and heretical than the godly Americans.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies