How strong would Al Gore be in a general election anyways?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:59:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  How strong would Al Gore be in a general election anyways?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How strong would Al Gore be in a general election anyways?  (Read 3975 times)
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2007, 03:39:55 AM »

I'm not sure where to peg him....
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 06:49:19 AM »

Stronger than any other potential Democratic candidate, with the possible exception of Edwards.  He appeals to both the base and also the populist types that would go for Edwards.  On the other hand I don't think the base would fail to vote for Edwards, and he probably has slightly lower negatives.

Gore:

Eduards:

Hilleary:

Obama:

DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 08:02:14 PM »

Intelligent post by opebo but he greatly exaggerates Edwards, Hillary, and Obama's numbers if they go against Thompson, Romney, or Giuliani.  They more resemble them running against Brownback or Tancredo
Conan
conan

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 08:05:14 PM »

Intelligent post by opebo but he greatly exaggerates Edwards, Hillary, and Obama's numbers if they go against Thompson, Romney, or Giuliani.  They more resemble them running against Brownback or Tancredo
The only person Edwards, Hill, and Obama could possibly lose to is Giuliani. Thompson is a joke.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 08:06:30 PM »

The only person Edwards, Hill, and Obama could possibly lose to is Giuliani. Thompson is a joke.

If only all Democrats thought that we could save our money...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 09:31:58 PM »

He'd beat Romney or Thompson or McCain.  Probably would lose to Giuliani.  Has the advantage of being a white male with a long resume and the more aged look fits him well.  He's also more sincere and alive than he was in 2000.  The major disadvantage of course is that he's very polarizing (only a tick less so than Clinton) and a large contingent of people hate him.  Of course, a large army would go to war for him, too.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 11:17:45 AM »

Why?  I mean which states does Gulianai win that swing it?  I hope you aren't considering New Jersey or New Hampshire.. not a chance I believe.  Pennsylvania on the other hand, I might believe.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 12:31:31 PM »

Giuliani could/would probably swing Pennsylvania and New Hampshire away from Gore.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2007, 12:37:31 AM »

Giuliani could/would probably swing Pennsylvania and New Hampshire away from Gore.

No republican will win New Hampshire in 2008, not even Rudy. The War and the Republican party have become deeply unpopular there. I'd say the Democrats have the same chance of winning North Carolina that the Republicans have of winning New Hampshire.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 06:18:33 PM »

I highly doubt it.  The only Kerry states Guiliani could win are possibly WI and NJ, unless something changes.
gorkay

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 02:58:29 PM »

You have to figure that Gore would do better than he did in 2000, and he wouldn't have to do much better to win outright. When you factor in the fact that he's much more popular now, he is a more seasoned campaigner, and the general trend towards the Democrats, he would be a heavy favorite to win if he ran. But I don' t think he's going to.
wdecker1
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: 1.39

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2007, 05:22:48 PM »

I agree gorkay, Gore would do better than in 2000, especially since the Republicans are very unpopular right now.  Thus, Gore would only need to pick up a state or two to win, like Florida.
Politico
YaBB God
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 10:13:24 PM »
« Edited: December 02, 2007, 10:16:07 PM by Politico »

Many prominent conservatives think that Al Gore is, by far, the Democrats' best chance in 2008. Here's an excerpt from an article Seth Swirsky recently wrote for RealClearPolitics (Bold added for emphasis):

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Source: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2007/12/the_democrats_best_hope_is_al.html
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 02:38:01 AM »

It's too late for Gore to enter the race now, and I doubt he would run against the Clintons. It's less than a month until the Iowa caucuses and I dont see him jumping in this late. Although, I think he would be the best to challenge Hillary, and I do fear him the most of all the Democrats. I think he could win by a substantial margin. He's southern, he has high positives, and he isn't as polarizing as Hillary by a longshot.
Erc
Junior Chimp
Slovenia

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2007, 02:38:50 AM »

Bumping age-old threads is not generally considered good etiquette.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2007, 06:43:39 PM »

Sweet Jesus, I made this is May. I had forgotten I even made this.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2007, 08:17:47 PM »

Gore would do very well.  Of course, things could change, but right now it seems as though he was right about absolutely everything.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies