Reasons for possible shift to Rudy Campaign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:24:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Reasons for possible shift to Rudy Campaign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reasons for possible shift to Rudy Campaign  (Read 1521 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2007, 12:58:52 AM »

First of all, I support all the GOP candidates, and McCain is a true hero of mine. The guy was a Navy POW and became as memorable a Senator as James G. Blaine was in the late 19th Century. However, while I still would love to see McCain as the Republican nominee and President, Rudy Giuliani is doing something that I admire more: Being Honest.

I expected Rudy to flip flop on abortion. I'm pro-life, and he is pro-choice...but when he goes out there and says, "I'm still a Republican, we can disagree on issues and I feel it's a woman's right to choose..." it is Giuliani... not McCain who is running the Straight Talk Express this time around.

I sometimes wish President Bush would make public the seriousness of terrorist threats that we foil...moreso than just a media report. Giuliani goes out there and says, "Incase you didn't hear...this is what they were gonna do to Fort Dix..." and says stuff like, "It was the policy of the Clinton Administration to go after Iraq and Saddam...so in a way, George Bush kind of finished what Bill Clinton started to do and couldn't get done."

This guy says the stuff that you will only hear updates and true talk from on Talk Radio. The media twists it, and the President doesn't want to be that public on it...but Rudy says all the stuff I like to hear...and he is probably going to be the nominee.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:06:47 AM »

Rudy only said that on his abortion views because he relaized the duck and weaving on the issue of abortion wasn't working
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 01:24:59 AM »

and says stuff like, "It was the policy of the Clinton Administration to go after Iraq and Saddam...so in a way, George Bush kind of finished what Bill Clinton started to do and couldn't get done."

You do realize that was factually inaccurate and he caught a lot of flak for his blatant inaccuracies.
Mr. Paleoconservative
Reagan Raider
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.29, S: 5.30

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 03:15:56 AM »
« Edited: May 29, 2007, 03:19:42 AM by Mr. Paleoconservative »

Rudy is a neo-con, radical internationalist, constitution trampling, anti-2nd Amendment, social liberal, free trading, amnesty granting, Wall Street Republican who would get trounced in 2008 simply because he would cause a split in the GOP not seen in a major party since the death of the Whigs in 1852. 

He will not be President, and hopefully he, nor any of the “big three” or Fred Thompson will be the GOP nominee in 2008.  The GOP is on the verge of collapse, and unless the party’s governing base (A.K.A. Big Money, not the grass roots) reconnects with the activist base, the American Worker, and reality as a whole, the party will be trounced in 2008.

However, the media, Wall Street, and other monied interests seem to be convincing themselves that a repackaged George W. Bush (Anybody in the “Big 3" or Fred Thompson) is all the GOP needs to win, and as such 2008 will be a defining moment in American politics and ideological movements for the next generation.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 04:17:07 AM »

and says stuff like, "It was the policy of the Clinton Administration to go after Iraq and Saddam...so in a way, George Bush kind of finished what Bill Clinton started to do and couldn't get done."

You do realize that was factually inaccurate and he caught a lot of flak for his blatant inaccuracies.

It doesn't need to have any basis in reality to appeal to Naso; it just needs to sound "presidential".
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »

Rudy only said that on his abortion views because he relaized the duck and weaving on the issue of abortion wasn't working

Gimme a break. If Rudy would have flipped you would have said, "I lost all respect for him"...instead he kept honest and you still dislike him. HAHA you support  the two year Senator LOL.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 05:00:10 PM »

Gimme a break. If Rudy would have flipped you would have said, "I lost all respect for him"...instead he kept honest and you still dislike him. HAHA you support  the two year Senator LOL.

Does it all bother you that you supported Bush, who arguably had much less experience, and are making fun of him for supporting Obama?

A little bit?

Even a teensy little bit, in the pit of your stomach?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 05:09:34 PM »

Does it all bother you that you supported Bush, who arguably had much less experience, and are making fun of him for supporting Obama?

A little bit?

Even a teensy little bit, in the pit of your stomach?

Bush had ENOUGH experience, and when he picked Cheney, that pushed him to victory.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 05:11:37 PM »

Bush had ENOUGH experience, and when he picked Cheney, that pushed him to victory.

Are you saying that five years as Lt. Governor after business ventures is that much better than four years as Senator after an academic career?

And who says Obama can't choose someone experienced?
Michael Z
Mike
YaBB God
Political Matrix
E: -5.88, S: -4.72

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 05:15:40 PM »

Are you saying that five years as Lt. Governor after business ventures is that much better than four years as Senator after an academic career?

Let's not forget that Obama was state senator for eight years.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 05:24:26 PM »

Ok so we give Obama his eight years as a State Senator and two years as a U.S. Senator.

You mean to tell me that if anyone else emerged who wasn't as adored by the media, as good of a speaker, etc. yet had maybe twenty years experience in the State Senate and maybe a year as a Governor or U.S. Senator that they shouldn't be questioned about a serious lack of experience?
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 05:25:44 PM »

Ok so we give Obama his eight years as a State Senator and two years as a U.S. Senator.

You mean to tell me that if anyone else emerged who wasn't as adored by the media, as good of a speaker, etc. yet had maybe twenty years experience in the State Senate and maybe a year as a Governor or U.S. Senator that they shouldn't be questioned about a serious lack of experience?

Racial profiling on the DEM side...damn pa chizzle.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 05:29:06 PM »

Naso, shut the hell up.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2007, 11:34:38 PM »

My point was he should have just been upfront and honest from the start which he wasn't, instead he ducked and weaved his way till he found out it wasn't going to work than decided to be honest.  BTW we have had Presidents with the experience level Obama has had we have not had any Presidents who made the jump from Mayor to President and only political experience was mayor. 
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 11:39:33 PM »

Are you going to actually answer my (valid) point?
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2007, 01:10:53 AM »

Its Naso, he never responds to any valid points...
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2007, 01:41:44 AM »

Not only does he not, he has even openly admitted that he just ignores any arguments that he doesn't like.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2007, 02:44:38 AM »

Not only does he not, he has even openly admitted that he just ignores any arguments that he doesn't like.

and 9 times out of 10, they are arguments that prove him wrong, no wonder why he likes to ignore them..
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies