polling stations within ridings(canada)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:38:58 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  polling stations within ridings(canada)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: polling stations within ridings(canada)  (Read 1396 times)
DonnaSummer
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 29, 2007, 01:22:39 AM »

I'm not sure where the best place is to put this.

Can anyone help me? If I go here:  http://www.elections.ca/scripts/OVR2006/default.html

I can see the results for individual polling stations wihtin each riding. that's excellent, but they're only numbered. Is there some way to see where these stations correspond to geographically within the riding, or is this impossible?
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 01:35:55 AM »

I'm not sure where the best place is to put this.

Can anyone help me? If I go here:  http://www.elections.ca/scripts/OVR2006/default.html

I can see the results for individual polling stations wihtin each riding. that's excellent, but they're only numbered. Is there some way to see where these stations correspond to geographically within the riding, or is this impossible?

Unfortunately, they are unavailable on the internet... but you can purchase maps from Elections Canada. However, if you interested in something, I can use my "connections" to "hook you up" with "information".
DonnaSummer
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 02:07:37 AM »

That sounds..."interesting"(should I be scared, lol, this sounds like shady dealings)

Uh, I'm most specifically interested in the specific riding of 'Welland' at the moment. The statistics curiosity seeker in me would love to see everything, though I have the feeling by 'hook me up' you mean one specific thing.

Someone who's really good at web desiging and stats, should get ahold of all that information, and make the most detailed canadian election website ever. You could scroll across a map and see the results for each neighbourhood within each riding. Total election nerds dream. Oh well.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 09:59:51 PM »

That sounds..."interesting"(should I be scared, lol, this sounds like shady dealings)

Uh, I'm most specifically interested in the specific riding of 'Welland' at the moment. The statistics curiosity seeker in me would love to see everything, though I have the feeling by 'hook me up' you mean one specific thing.

Someone who's really good at web desiging and stats, should get ahold of all that information, and make the most detailed canadian election website ever. You could scroll across a map and see the results for each neighbourhood within each riding. Total election nerds dream. Oh well.

I'd love to create such a website, but it would be extrememly time consuming. It takes a number of hours to make a map of a riding shaded in for each poll.

However, I can make you a map of Welland if you want. 
DonnaSummer
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 02:48:02 AM »

Sure! How will you get it to me? pm or right here?
DonnaSummer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 02:50:52 AM »

I especially think such a website would be interesting in really 'mixed' usually urban ridings. For instance when I think about 'Toronto Centre', or 'Westmount-Saint-Louis' or 'Outremont' these areas have really wealthy and fairly poor areas mixed together.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 03:36:33 AM »

Well, I was going to post it here, but if you'd rather I PM it, that can be arranged. Also, if you have other ridings you want to see, I can handle those as well, but keep in mind they are very time consuming. Luckily, it's the summer and I have *some* free time.

Recently I've completed maps of Nunavut and Ottawa Centre, and I am almost done Ottawa-Vanier and Hull-Aylmer, and I'm working on Prince Edward-Hastings and the London North Centre by-election.
DonnaSummer
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2007, 05:41:18 AM »

maybe pm it...

Well, I'd enjoy seeing all of the Hamilton-Niagara ridings, as well as a couple in Montreal, but I mean you're just a stranger on the internet, and I don't think you should be my election statistics slave.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2007, 10:52:16 AM »

I'll be looking into my next Ottawa riding once I know in which one I'll be living in.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 12:38:34 PM »

maybe pm it...

Well, I'd enjoy seeing all of the Hamilton-Niagara ridings, as well as a couple in Montreal, but I mean you're just a stranger on the internet, and I don't think you should be my election statistics slave.

Haha, that's alright.  You don't seem like you'd be using it for political purposes, so it's all good.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 04:21:45 AM »

Ah, I finally got around to finishing it...

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies