Are the Democrats certain to tighten their hold on the Senate in 08? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 10:00:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Are the Democrats certain to tighten their hold on the Senate in 08? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are the Democrats certain to tighten their hold on the Senate in 08?  (Read 5170 times)
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« on: May 30, 2007, 10:50:36 PM »

I don't see how the Democrats don't gain at least one seat.  The only seat that the Republicans have a chance at is Louisiana and even there they are having trouble finding a candidate.

^^^^^^^^^^^

It's pretty tough to make any predictions at this point, but at the very least Colorado, New Hampshire and Minnesota are prime pickup opportunities. A few others are potential pickups but the outlook is unsure.

North Carolina is my sleeper race. I think Dole could possibly be in trouble.
TheresNoMoney
Scoonie
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.25, S: -2.72

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 07:46:59 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2007, 07:59:30 PM by TheresNoMoney »

At the end of the day I just don't see how a liberal can clear Kerry's 47% here. 

John Kerry is a fairly unlikeable guy from a state 2,000 miles away from Colorado and he still got 47%. Udall is a likeable local guy who connects with the average joe.

In addition, as a result of Bush's disastrous presidency and the unpopularity of the war, the state of Colorado has shifted left (or at the very least the centrists and independents are now voting for the Democrats instead of the Republicans).

It's not the same electorate as in 2004. Views have changed tremendously, and demographic changes have also favored the Democrats. It's unfair to compare 2008 to 2004, two completely different political atmospheres.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies