2008 Predications (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:27:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Predications (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Predications  (Read 23875 times)
NorthernDog
Rookie

« on: November 16, 2003, 06:16:39 PM »

Rep. Candidates

Bill Frist (TN)
Kay Bailey Hutchison (TX)
Liz Dole (NC)
Thad Cochran (MS)
Condi Rice (CA)
Roy Moore (AL)
Jeb Bush (FL)
Tommy Thompson (WI)
Rudy Guiliani (NY)
George Pataki (NY)
John Kasich (OH)
Wow-quite a list WI. I'd just add Owen (CO) and as a dark horse Senator Norm Coleman (MN). Coleman is moderately conservative, very ambitious and very comfortable in the spotlight.  I assume that his approval rating is high because the local newspapers never say otherwise(If he were unpopular it'd be a front page story for weeks on end).
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 06:52:55 PM »

Why is it so rare (anymore) for a Senator to win the Presidency?   Isn't JFK the last Senator to be elected?  Maybe people think they are too much a part of the "Inside the Beltway" crowd.  
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2003, 09:01:57 PM »

Hm... That would interesting with a McCain campaign for president.  
Of course a politician's mind is easily changed, but it's very unlikely we'll see another contest involving McCain.
Last time I McCain on TV he didn't look too great-his eyes were puffy and red.  How's his health?
I think people would be reluctant to vote for someone his age if he has health problems.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 10:13:47 PM »

It's very hard to see a scenario where Hillary actually wins the White House.  Even in New York, Hillary ran about 5 points behind Gore in 2000, meaning that some people who supported Gore just couldn't bring themselves to vote for her.  If you play that out nationally, she would probably win at least several fewer states than Gore did in 2000, under close to ideal circumstances (apparent peace and prosperity under the Democrats).  
I agree, but in poll after poll she is the favored nominee in the Democrat primary.  If Bush wins a 2nd term all the attention shifts to Hillary for '08, unless she loses re-election to the Senate (unlikely).   She and Bill should have kept a low profile since 2001 because a lot of people will get tired of them hovering in the background for years on end.  (Especially if anyone's keeping an eye on his "habits")
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 10:29:08 PM »

Assuming Bush wins 04 to Dean

GOP

Top Tier:
Rudi Giuliani (VERY strong candidate)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Also VERY strong, but Orrin Hatch please hurry up with that amendment!)
Condi Rice
JC Watts (If he wins governor or senator next year)

Any thoughts on Rick Santorum (R-PA)?  He'll be 50 years old in'08, is fairly conservative and from a big electoral state.
NorthernDog
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 11:36:05 AM »

If Bush wins a 2nd term I'd like to see Gore, Hillary, and Dean all run for the Democrat nomination in '08.  Talk about wild! That would finally clear the air about who controls the Democrat party.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies