2008 Predications (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:09:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Predications (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Predications  (Read 23876 times)
Demrepdan

« on: November 17, 2003, 10:35:54 PM »

If Giuliani were to run for President, I think he will attempt to take Hillary Clinton's Senate seat in the 2006 election first. I heard him say on a talk show one time, when questioned on if he would run for President  in 2008, he said, "That's too far ahead to make plans for. Right now I am completely dedicated to help President Bush get re-elected." Then when he was asked if he would ever try to run for politics again he said (with a grin on his face), "Not right now, but maybe in a few years."
      That leaves me with the impression that he wants to run against Hillary. And he would most likely win. But do you think he would serve just 2 years in the Senate, and then want to try to run for President?

Al Gore may run again, if Bush is re-elected in 2004. If Bush is defeated by a Democrat, then Gore wouldn't have a fair chance to run again until 2012. I don't know if a 64 year old Gore could remind people who he is, after not being really heard from for 12 years. If Bush loses in 2004, Gore’s political life is dead, or more dead than it is already.
       Someone else who might run for the Republicans if Bush loses in 2004, is Jeb Bush. If his brother George wins in 2004, I don't think he will make a run, JUST after his brother comes out. The country would see that’s just too many Bush's in the White House. However, if Bush is defeated in 2004, his brother Jeb may come back for revenge in 2008. Someone else who may run for the Republicans in 2008 might be Senator Norm Coleman from Minnesota. He ran for Governor in 1998 but was defeated by Jesse Ventura, but won the 2002 Senatorial election 4 years later. This mid-western Senator seems to want to aspire to the top. So who knows, he may run for President in 2008.

But anyway, here are my predictions for people who will possibly run for President in 2008.

Democrats
-John Edwards (NC)
-John Kerry (MA)
-Hillary Clinton (NY)
-Al Gore (TN)  (if Bush wins in 2004)

Republicans
-Jeb Bush (FL) (if his brother is defeated in 2004)
-George Pataki (NY)
-Rudy Giuliani (NY)
-Bill Frist (TN)
-Norm Coleman (MN)
-Arnold Schwarzenegger (CA) (Just a Constitutional amendment or two and we’re all set Wink)
Demrepdan

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 07:34:44 PM »

Do you think he would wait until 2006 to run for the Senate?  If he did that, and won, that *could* (but probably not) knock Hillardy completely off the Democratic "would-be presidents" list, which is a good thing.  On the other hand, why not run in 2004 against Charles Schumer?  I just saw this new Zogby poll that has Giuliani beating incumbent Senater Schumer 52% to 43%.  What other N.Y. Republican would get those kind of numbers, especially against a popular incumbent?  Go to Zogby.com to see the actual poll yourself.
I doubt that Giuliani would run for Senate in 2004. One, he has made no announcements of this, and Two, he stated before that he has NO intention of getting back into public office until a "few" years from now, if even then. Which alludes to the 2006 election. I highly doubt he would go against his word like that and say, "Oh ok, you got me! I'll run in 2004!" 2006 will be the earliest year he could run for ANYTHING.
Demrepdan

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 06:07:35 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2003, 06:08:37 PM by Demrepdan »

Maybe if they amend the constitution by 2008, permitting non-naturalized citizens of the United States to run for President, then you'll see Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R) and Bruce Willis (R) run for President and Vice President. Their slogan could be something like: "In a world, where politics reign supreme. Two men, must save the world, from complete....and utter....ANNIHILATION!! You've seen them in action movies for the past 20 years! "Terminator"...."Die Hard"..."True Lies" and "Pulp Fiction" Now see them as.....*black screen comes up...words are in red, white and blue* THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH ........Rated "R" coming to a Theater near you...January 20th 2009!”
Demrepdan

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2003, 09:53:27 PM »

There should never be a woman president. Men should always hold that high office. That Tradition needs to be upheld.
LOL!!! Oh my God! It's a good thing we don't have any women registered at this forum (at least I don't think we do). They would be all over that in an instant. That's a horrible sexist comment. However, I don't have room to complain, I once wrote a letter (as a joke, of course) bashing women. Here is an excerpt:

You know what a woman should be doing? She should be in the kitchen making something to eat! Or getting her husband a beer. Or making babies and or taking care of them. And giving their husbands lots of SEX. Woman should have no respectable place in society. Men are the dominant sex and for GOOD REASON!
Demrepdan

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2003, 10:29:58 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2003, 10:35:25 PM by Demrepdan »

To all other Liberal Minded Thinkers and Stinkers, My remarks are NOT Sexist! But, us Men need to draw the line somewhere. Is there anything Sacred anymore?

Well, I would agree with you to a certain point. But the thing I would hate to see, is if this country had a choice between a man who may screw everything up (someone like GWB), and a woman who has good plans for the future (not Hillary, but someone) and would more than likely make a good President, this country would rather have the man than the woman, and their decision would be simply based on sex. I'd hate to see that happen.
   I don't see how the Presidency is a SACRED office. This isn't England where we have limitations to who could be the Head of State. This isn't a royal monarch. We elect the President from one of us. The President can be ANYONE, whether they are not a politician, didn't attend college, or don't have any idea what the hell they are doing.
   And I'm certain that not only Liberal Thinkers and Stinkers believe this. There is nothing SACRED about the Presidency in this regard. We don't have to agree with everything the President says, because he isn't the King of America. There are no traditions that need to be followed. The only tradition that should be followed is each successor to the Presidency should do his, or her, job with the best of his abilities.
    If you want tradition to be established for the Presidency, why not set a new amendment? Stating that no woman shall be elected to the office of President, because it's a "sacred" traditon. If you can give me one decent reason, as to why women should never hold the office of President, and the reason has nothing to do with the sacred office that is the Presidency, and the traditon that must be upheld, then maybe I'll agree with you to more of a degree.

Demrepdan

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 05:30:21 PM »

I haven't read this thread, so I am wondering if anyone has suggested that W will run in 08 if he loses in 04.
I don't think anyone has mentioned this. That if Bush were to lose in '04, that he may consider running in '08. I doubt he would though, im 99.99% sure. No President has attempted to be President again after being fully defeated (i.e. losing the Electoral Vote AND popular vote). After a President has been defeated, his odds of being elected again are slim to none. And...Slim just...left town....ok you've heard it!
Demrepdan

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 04:27:55 AM »
« Edited: November 27, 2003, 04:28:45 AM by Demrepdan »

Maybe Jeb Bush will run. Since they don't get constantly assasinated like the Kennedys, they can milk that dynasty for all it's worth.

All hail the Bush dynasty!
Demrepdan

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2003, 05:01:30 PM »
« Edited: November 27, 2003, 05:04:47 PM by Demrepdan »

err U guys are joking right?Huh Sorry I'm being a bit dull right now.......its 4am
I WAS joking. I can't speak for Christopher Michael however. If you look at the post I had AFTER that, you can clearly see I'm not joking, because I knock his idea of the Presidency being a "sacred office". His idea that no woman should serve as President (if that is his true feeling) is utterly ridiculous.
Demrepdan

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2003, 05:18:20 PM »

Why in the hell do people think Al Franken will run for President in '08?! I wouldn't be surprised of Ben Stein ran for the Republicans in '08!

Maybe that's what it'll be.......Franken vs. Stein in 2008.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies