2008 Predications (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:12:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Predications (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Predications  (Read 23866 times)
zorkpolitics
United States

« on: November 16, 2003, 02:10:06 PM »

I don't think Cheney will run.
Republicans:
I agree Guliani, Pataki, Frist, and Rice.  I don't see J. Bush running so soon after GW, too much like a dynasty.
I'd add in Powell as well.
As a NE Republican (a vanishing breed), Guliani is sharper and would be a much better campaigner than Pataki.
Bet for Nominee: Powell or Guliani
Democrats:
If a Democrat wins in 2004, then he'll be the obvious nominee with no significant challenge.
If Bush wins then Hillary is the obvious front runner.  I don’t see any of this year's brood of Democrats building a base for another run.  Except perhaps Edwards, but only if he finds some way to win his Senate seat in 2004 or the governorship in 2006.  From the Senate Daschle seems to be the likeliest competitor for Hillary, though NJ's own Corzine might be a surprise.  Corzine has about $400 Million, and this year he is leading the Senate reelection campaign, giving him national contacts.   His problem (asset?) is he is ranked the 3rd most liberal senator, while Hillary is only 22nd and Daschle 31st.
From the Governors, maybe Richardson in NM?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies