2008 Predications (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:25:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Predications (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008 Predications  (Read 23879 times)
M

« on: November 25, 2003, 05:49:21 PM »

Assuming Bush wins 04 to Dean

GOP

Top Tier:
Rudi Giuliani (VERY strong candidate)
Arnold Schwarzenegger (Also VERY strong, but Orrin Hatch please hurry up with that amendment!)
Condi Rice
JC Watts (If he wins governor or senator next year)

Middle Tier:
Bill Frist
Norm Coleman
Arlen Specter
David Dreier

Bad Chances:
George Pataki
Jeb (Too much of a dynasty)
Colin Powell-too liberal, won't run anyway
Dick Cheney-too old, won't run anyway
Tom Ridge-Too wooden, won't run anyway
Thad Cochrane (He won;t run, bright guy and great senator, but too old and not an executive)
Orrin Hatch (sharp as a nedle but as interesting as watching paint dry. won't run anyway. But hurry up with the Ahnuld amendment.)
John McCain-not running. would be a great Veep, but he won't do it.

Dems

Top Tier:
Hillary
 Al Gore
it'll be one or thee other

Middle Tier:
John Edwards (except that he'll have disappeared by then. People'll search high and low for a replacement. But not really find one.)
Bill Richardson
Harold Ford
Martin Frost (if he can survive)

Low Chances:
Evan Bayh (Great guy, would have the election on a silver platter, except he's doomed in the nomination. Too decent and patriotic.)

Anyone want to play 2008 running mates? Gad, but I love the sound of Giuliani-Shwarzenegger '08..... or Condi-Rudi...
M

« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 06:44:12 PM »

I had a similar jole before the recall.

Coming soon to a theatre near you

"Cruz and Bustamante are the twin  terminators of Sacramento..."

An action saga of epic proportions

"I vant to help the people of Kulifornyuh..."

On October 7th, Arnold Schwarzenegger is.....

THE GOVERNOR!

Rated PG-13. Check it out on www.welovearnold.com

Seriously, though, I think it would be really cool of he were nominated. His character in True Lies is exactly what we need right now in the White House!
M

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 11:09:14 PM »

My thoughts on Santorum are that he's probably too conservative and antagonistic. That remark about gay intercourse sounded fairly extreme to me. (I am however a social moderate to liberal so feel free to disagree.) Is he seen as electable w/in the party? I'd say he'd be doomed in a general election. If the GOP is smart, they won't make him their standard bearer. But if we win big in 2004, and, b"h, in 2006, the part might get so cocky as to overestimate it's capabilities and move to the right... ceding the center back to the Dems. That would be nothing short of disastrous.
M

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 01:18:26 PM »

Kay Bailey might be interesting. The buzz here in the Lone Star State is that she may challenge Perry in the 2006 gubernatorial election. Personally, I think that would be a mistake even if she pulled it off. The GOP is too new to dominance here to take kindly to a serious primary challenge to a respected incumbent. That just might be her thought process, though- governor's mansion to white house.

If Hutchison ran on "vote for me, I'm a woman" I would be no less than shocked. I would expect a lot of her platform to be education; both something she has experience with and taking a page from GWB.  Depending on what's big right then, she can emphasize small but compassionate government, conservative economics, or war on terror. She is not an extreme conservative by any standard, here in TX she's almost liberal, but everyone loves her. She could be an interesting Dark Horse.

Maggie Thatcher was, of course, one of the greatest British PMs since WWII, up there with Eden, Churchill (of course!), and maybe Blair.
M

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 05:25:46 PM »

Well, the British people certainly kept returning her to office! 11 years isn't a bad run for a freely elected leader, in my book.

No, the reason she was so great was that she wasn't going to give in to Soviet might and Libyan terror. Good for you, Maggie! Also for confronting and reining in militant and out of control trade unions.
M

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 11:44:53 AM »

Geez, now that would be a heck of a lot of fun. I don;t think it'll happen- at least Gore and Hillary will figure out who's running quietly. But if it did, that would be cool!
Especially since we GOPers may have a fairly hectic primary ourselves, so confusion in the enemy ranks would be nice.
M

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2003, 02:49:06 PM »

I really don't know enough to debate you on British politics, but I wish we could get a bright Tory on this forum to face you down. Anyway, this isn't really the thread to discuss Thatcher.
M

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2003, 01:14:03 PM »

Now just one second here! Those statements were not mine. I wouyld have no problem with a female president, in fact you will find above I suggested Condi Rice for Pres and agreed Hutchison would be a good president. In fact, YOU got upset at ME for defendig Thatcher. I am not a racist, sexist, etc., I am disgusted by such sentiments, and I'm begging you to stop these kinds of attacks.
M

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 01:15:43 PM »

This is interesting.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies