Address from West Branch, Iowa
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:37:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Address from West Branch, Iowa
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Address from West Branch, Iowa  (Read 1122 times)
PBrunsel
Junior Chimp

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2004, 04:42:18 PM »

(West Branch, Iowa)

(PBrunsel walks to the stage as the crowd cheers and wave “Brunsel and Hoover” signs.)

PBrunsel: Today the people of District 3 chose wisely to put a man in the Senate who not only knows the Constitution, but actually wrote it. Senator elect DemRepDan has more experience than me, and voters made a wise choice. I congratulate Attorney General DemRepDan on his victory.

(Applause)

PBrunsel: As for me, I lost by one vote. It is the closest I have ever gotten to elected office. I guess that some what gives me a victory also.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: It was said by Winston Churchill, “Success is the ability to go from one defeat to another without getting discouraged.” I have lost a run for Governor, Vice President, and now Senator. I have been given many political black eyes. This defeat is a very hard blow to me. It is a very bitter blow. It is a strong knock to me, but I will continue on.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: This campaign, though it was fated with defeat and humiliation for me, was one of great energy. Unlike DemRepDan, I campaigned hard and long and with vigor. I worked hard and promised to do so for District 3. I will continue to work hard. One defeat, or 3 in my case, can not define a career, unless you give up. I can not give up, I will continue to fight and fight and fight for common people and the regular man.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: As many of you know I like history. I’m not educated but I like history.

(Laughter)

PBrunsel: There was a man who always failed at things. He tried to be a farmer, but he hated the hot weather and the hard soil. He then went to become a miner, but his mine went bust. He then tried his hand at the oil business, but his equipment broke and he had to sell the oil spout to another company. He wrote a friend back in his hometown, “I have a problem with calling tails when heads shows.” This man tried in the army, where he had to memorize the eye chart to get in. There he met some success, but when he returned home failure visited him again. He opened a haberdashery, and it went bankrupt in under a year. This man was Harry S Truman, the 33rd President of the United States. He kept fighting on. Even as president he always gave his opponents hell. He always worked hard, and he persisted and finally succeeded.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: I must end another run for office by saying I am defeated. I lost in a close election. It came down to 1 vote. I have always said one vote mattered, and here I am proven right.

(Laughter)

PBrunsel: Well the fight goes on. The dream still lives. The crusade still marches forward, and will never end.

(Cheers and applause!)

PBrunsel: For we dreamed, we fought, we hoped, and we will one day prevail.

(Cheers and applause as PBrunsel leaves the stage to shake hands. Lee Greenwood’s “I’m Proud to be an American,” plays.)
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2004, 04:45:09 PM »

I commend PBrunsel for his dedication to forum politics and urge him to run in the future. Your time will come, I'm sure. Remember that you were running against a former vice-presidential candidate, Secreatary of Forum Affairs and Attorney General who is also the author of our constitution with no previous experience as holder of or official candidate for any public office. Coming within 1 vote under such circumstances is actually a great achievement that bodes well for your political future. Smiley
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 05:33:54 PM »

Gustaf, put President before your name.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 05:36:02 PM »

As a supporter of PBrunsel, it's hard to see him go down in defeat. However, he has won the admiration and support of many during this hard fought campaign. Hats off to PBrunsel. He might not have won this Senate seat, but by losing by just one vote, he shows that  hard work can get you places. During the debate PBrunsel said that the greatest thing you can be called is a hard worker. Well I think he earned that title with ease.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2004, 06:09:44 PM »

Woooooo!

Smiley
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2004, 06:26:42 PM »

Why are you cheering?
Had Demrepdan lost he couldn't have run against you for Governor as you are not in the same region.  On the other hand, PBrunsel will probably run for office again in August and the only question is will it be for Senator or your job as Governor.

If we has secret ballots, the sneaky political thing for you to have done would have been to vote for PBrunsel to get rid of the potential competition and then console Demrepdan on his hard fought loss.
Smiley
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2004, 06:30:10 PM »

Ohwell.

I just love cheering Wink Smiley
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp