My First Campaign Speech
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:38:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  My First Campaign Speech
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My First Campaign Speech  (Read 753 times)
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 18, 2004, 04:54:15 PM »

Since this is my first campaign speech I would first like to discuss two issues that are missing off my platform.

The first is our highway system. Through decades of misfunding they are in disorder and disrepair. We must remedy this situation by immediatly appealing to the Senate to fix the problem. Our bridges are beginning to crumble after years of overuse and nonfunding. I propose we fix this problem now before we have a disaster and have to spend billions to fix the entire system.

The next issue I'd like to talk about is statehood for our Pacific and Carribbean posesstions. Without statehood these areas are forced to live in poverty. If statehood is acheived their quaility of life will rise and they will be able to live longer, more meaningfull lives. They will also be able to finally be represented in the Senate and have their voice heard worldwide. I propose we have the Senate admit two states, Pacifica(all of America's Pacific posesstions) and Caribbea(all of America's Carribbean posesstions)

Next I would like to talk about our environment. Although politicians have long talked about preserving it and keeping it clean their promises have fallen short. We should preserve at least one-quater of America's unprotected wilderness and swamplands.

Along these lines we should revamp our sewage treatment system. Just this year billions of gallons of raw sewage were dumped into Lake Michigan due to inadequite facilities. Doing this will help improve our life by not having to injest toxins that our sewage treatment plants arn't able to prosses.

The last thing I would like to discuss is our electrical system. Our electrical systems are decades outdated and we are in fear of another major blackout. This will put our great country at risk to attack from our enemies. We should update all our systems of distribution of electrical systems and get them up to par with our technology so we don't lose billions economically from the blackout hazard.

I would like to conclude by thanking the SRP for the endorsment and StevenNick for his support to have me elected. I would also thank you for taking your time to hear me out. I wish to be the next Governor of the Mideast, thank you and goodnight.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies