Death Penalty Deters Murders, Studies Say (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:57:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Death Penalty Deters Murders, Studies Say (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death Penalty Deters Murders, Studies Say  (Read 4213 times)
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« on: June 11, 2007, 10:12:10 PM »

I didn't know anyone lived in North Dakota in the first place.

I believe they were the first state to implement anarcho-primitivism. Tongue

As for the study, I think it mkaes sense logically and believe that we should use the death penalty, so long as it is certain that the defendant is guilty.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 10:32:51 PM »

Dont buy it. Murders happen more in countries with the death penalty. That's just common knowledge. Plus, since when did Libertarians advocate for capital punishment?

That is not true. Just look at the study. And, I tend to stray from the Libertarian platform on some social issues, such as gay marriage, illegal immigration, and capital punishment.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »

Not buying it. There's about 5 homicides in North Dakota a year. Does that mean if ND had the death penalty, it would have no homicides ever year it executed someone? Also by this standard we could have a murder-free year in Minnesota with about 10 executions.

The article says this
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The article makes no mention of timeframes, so your counter-argument is invalid. But it's not as bad as this guy's:

Dont buy it. Murders happen more in countries with the death penalty. That's just common knowledge. Plus, since when did Libertarians advocate for capital punishment?

Yeah well, there's also a correlation between shoe size and spelling ability. In fact, based on this result I'm going to have my little girl's feet surgically altered to be bigger, so that she can spell better.

See where not understanding statistics gets you?

Good analysis.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies