Death Penalty Deters Murders, Studies Say (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:40:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Death Penalty Deters Murders, Studies Say (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Death Penalty Deters Murders, Studies Say  (Read 4205 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: June 11, 2007, 10:09:53 PM »

Where did they come to these conclusions?  Not questioning them, but it seems rather specific to be able to state exactly how many murders an execution deterred.  I couldn't find much in the article relating to the actual studies other than simply stating the conclusions.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 12:34:52 PM »

Where did they come to these conclusions?  Not questioning them, but it seems rather specific to be able to state exactly how many murders an execution deterred.  I couldn't find much in the article relating to the actual studies other than simply stating the conclusions.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »

Gabu I don't know the methods used. I just posted an article from the Associated Press because it sites a statiscal study as opposed to BRTD's comparison of states with and without the death penalty.

Well, it's not exactly of any more worth if all it is is just some article stating conclusions with no information whatsoever on how they were arrived at. Tongue
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 01:42:19 PM »

Gabu I don't know the methods used. I just posted an article from the Associated Press because it sites a statiscal study as opposed to BRTD's comparison of states with and without the death penalty.

Well, it's not exactly of any more worth if all it is is just some article stating conclusions with no information whatsoever on how they were arrived at. Tongue

Found the study. Its at http://econ.cudenver.edu/home/workingpapers/2001_18.pdf

Oh, thanks.  I'll have to check it out when I get home.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies