The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:50:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171456 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #750 on: March 17, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »

One person (you) = many?

mkay

SPC runs one of the finest journalistic institutions in Atlasia; I'd hate for DWDL to ruin its reputation by turning it into his poorly-written propaganda outlet.

As opposed to Al's "parody" paper that is just an excuse to be a jackass to anyone he doesn't like?

mKay.

Al's paper doesn't pretend to be much more than that.

I'm just saying it's a little unfair to attack DWTL for using his position at the National Weekly Atlasian to talk about his own issues and his opponents when Al runs a tabloid-esque paper half-jokingly insulting everyone.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #751 on: March 17, 2009, 05:51:37 PM »

That being said I wish Al had never left the Senate, since he seems fairly active still.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #752 on: March 17, 2009, 06:00:22 PM »

I wouldn't have any problem if DWTL made his own (self-described) rag to propagandize, but I'd like to think that SPC's National Weekly Atlasian is a serious paper with integrity committed to reporting the news, not printing the rants of its sore-loser contributors.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #753 on: March 17, 2009, 07:56:14 PM »

One person (you) = many?

mkay

SPC runs one of the finest journalistic institutions in Atlasia; I'd hate for DWDL to ruin its reputation by turning it into his poorly-written propaganda outlet.

As opposed to Al's "parody" paper that is just an excuse to be a jackass to anyone he doesn't like?

mKay.

I object to this piece of foul libel; the implication that my parody publications are poorly-written is outrageous!

Re: time... there's enough time to amuse myself and snipe from the sidelines and then there's enough time to actually contribute. The latter takes away time that could be used for work, the former doesn't. Basically.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #754 on: March 17, 2009, 09:53:50 PM »

I, for one, think HappyWarrior will make an excellent PPT.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #755 on: March 17, 2009, 09:59:32 PM »

I have confidence in him, and I congratulated him privately. I was mostly concerned about the rhetoric, but I hope we can put the whole affair behind us.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #756 on: March 17, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »

I have confidence in him, and I congratulated him privately. I was mostly concerned about the rhetoric, but I hope we can put the whole affair behind us.

I also hope the campaign can be put behind us for the betterment of Atlasia's future.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #757 on: March 17, 2009, 10:40:06 PM »

I hope than HappyWarrior will cooperate with DWTL and than DWTL will cooperate with HappyWarrior.

And a active Senate.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #758 on: March 18, 2009, 01:34:14 AM »

This is a fairly crucial point. Just saying, we should get stuff done this time around.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #759 on: March 18, 2009, 02:16:23 AM »

Congratulations to HappyWarrior....and I echo my fellow senators' wish that this Senate be much more active than the last.

Therefore, I urge HappyWarrior to begin with Marokai's confirmation and start with the legislative process quickly.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #760 on: March 22, 2009, 09:23:40 AM »
« Edited: March 22, 2009, 10:44:53 AM by Sen. DownWithTheLeft »

April Senate Race Tracker

Incumbents:
DownWithTheLeft*
SouthParkConservative*
Franzl*
Lief
BaconKing

Challengers
Afleitch
PurpleState

*has stated intentions to run for re-election
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #761 on: March 23, 2009, 06:28:38 PM »

A Month Out, Senate Races Are Heating Up

Usually it takes until a few days before the election until the status of senatorial candidates is known, but already a month out four of the five incumbents have declared their intentions to seek re-election.  Sen. DownWithTheLeft, the longest tenured senator, had declared he would not seek re-election but since has changed his mind mentioning unfinished business.  Sen. SouthParkConservative has stated his intention to seek re-election to promote his bills that have been labeled a "de-liberalizing" of Atlasia.  Sens. Lief and Franzl are seeking re-election but have yet to announce specific goals they wish to accomplish in their next term.

Sen. BaconKing, who recently stated he would resign his post if DWTL was elected PPT, remains the lone incumbent who has not yet stated his intentions.  The decision seems to be a coin-flip at this point due his inactivity.  DA members Afleitch and Purple State have both stated their intentions to get into the race.

Who else will jump?  The RPP will not be running anymore candidates in this cycle content with two at-large and three regional senators.  It would unfathomable for the DA to run another candidate as the party already has 3 members running despite only having around ten members.  The SDP will run Lief, but their next strongest candidate, AG General Marokai Blue, who stood poised to easily pick up a coveted RPP endorsement, announced he would not be running.  The JCP will most likely run another candidate if BaconKing does not run, but who?  After Pres. Bgwah, Sen. RealisticIdealist, and Gov. CultureKing, their bench is not deep.  At this point, who else jumps into this race will be anyone's guess.

Senate Humming Along Nicely

While the spike in activity may only be temporary, the senate is currently taking on a few measures.  The "Free Palestine Bill", currently making another journey through the senate, seems headed for passage after a few compromises were worked out.  The fact that this bill, previously immediatley shot down by Sens. Al and Jas in favor of meaningless international resolutions, may signal a tide is turning in the senate of cooperation and productivity.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #762 on: March 24, 2009, 06:42:24 AM »

Senate Humming Along Nicely

While the spike in activity may only be temporary, the senate is currently taking on a few measures.  The "Free Palestine Bill", currently making another journey through the senate, seems headed for passage after a few compromises were worked out.  The fact that this bill, previously immediatley shot down by Sens. Al and Jas in favor of meaningless international resolutions, may signal a tide is turning in the senate of cooperation and productivity.

While I'd love to take the credit, I was but 1 of 8 votes to table that bill.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #763 on: March 24, 2009, 09:35:29 AM »

Notice that except for myself, all the other senators have left the senate since.  Now, we actually have a senate willing to work towards more than pointless "OMG You are so mean" measures
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #764 on: March 24, 2009, 01:40:11 PM »

Notice that except for myself, all the other senators have left the senate since.  Now, we actually have a senate willing to work towards more than pointless "OMG You are so mean" measures

I see you're still opting for random replies. I don't see what your reply has anything to do with what I said. I was merely noting that while you claimed it was myself and Al who brought down your bill, it was in fact 8 Senators.

And whatever about your feelings that my resolution, at least it would not have had very significant detrimental effects for Atlasian relations with all sides in the Middle East - a reason why your bill was quickly rejected the first time it was presented.

(And, ftr, your above statement is also wrong. Bacon King was a Senator then and remains so now.)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #765 on: March 24, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »

Notice that except for myself, all the other senators have left the senate since. 

You forgot someone Cry

Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #766 on: March 24, 2009, 06:07:57 PM »

^^

You were booted from the senate and voted back in in quite possibly the worst calculated decision in RPP history
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #767 on: March 25, 2009, 12:14:17 PM »

^^

You were booted from the senate and voted back in in quite possibly the worst calculated decision in RPP history

I don't think my running for election was exactly a "calculated decision" on your part.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #768 on: March 25, 2009, 12:17:25 PM »

^^

I don't think my running for election was exactly a "calculated decision" on your part.

He was referring to the vote invalidation episode.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #769 on: March 25, 2009, 01:24:04 PM »

^^

Handing you the victory certainly was.  I trusted Duke when he said you were honorable.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #770 on: March 28, 2009, 08:31:53 AM »

"Free Palestine Bill" May Finally Pass

It has been a long-time coming, but due to a wave of compromises and hard work, the Atlasian government may finally be moving toward a solution on the bill that has sat before the senate many times.  The bill had been struck down by old senates as rubbish and trash, but the new senate has actually taken time to get to the heart of the matter.  Senator Franzl has worked tirelessly with Sen. DWTL in order to hammer out final language in the bill.  Fmr. Sen. Al, the major roadbloack to most progress in the last few senates, has decried the bill as not coming the right place, instead working to pass one of Fmr. Sen. Jas's pointless international measures.  Sen. DWTL has called a final vote sometime later this weekend.

No Activity Senate Race Wise

Though several senators and candidates, including DWTL, Purple State, Franzl, and Afleitch, have launched campaigns, nothing has really gotten off the ground.  Sen. BaconKing, who has missed several votes this session is the only incumbent who has not made their April plans known.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #771 on: March 28, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »

No Activity Senate Race Wise

Though several senators and candidates, including DWTL, Purple State, Franzl, and Afleitch, have launched campaigns, nothing has really gotten off the ground.  Sen. BaconKing, who has missed several votes this session is the only incumbent who has not made their April plans known.

This may be to with the Constitutional Convention and the fact that candidates have declared early. However things should pick up speed in the next few weeks.

I would however like to alert readers of this paper to my campaign thread Grin where you can read proposals to;

- Introduce private, third sector and not for profit private agencies to help people find work.
- 'Bankable' and flexible leave for newborns so that parents and not the state choose who provides
 childcare.
- Helping charities and voluntary organisations operate better with a fair return on their money.
- Establishing a privately run 'National/Regional Lottery' to invest in good causes.
- Establishing Social Enterprise Zones in Atlasia - areas where relaxed tax and benefit rules would help social entrepreneurs and the voluntary sector deal with problems such as drug abuse.
- Reduce taxation on small businesses.
- Allow small business to defer in part, the payment of tax to the government to stop them going under.

And of course extending my Income Tax Reduction Act or working with your own proposals to introduce a Flat Tax to ensure that taxes on the whole are lowered across Atlasia.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #772 on: March 28, 2009, 11:12:05 AM »

I greatly appreciate Afleitch's updates in his campaign thread and I hope to be able to work with him effectively in the next Senate.

On a side note....I am also regularly updating my campaign/office thread and outlining my thoughts on various current pieces of legislation. I encourage everyone to take a look and comment on anything that catches their eye.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #773 on: March 28, 2009, 11:14:58 AM »

I greatly appreciate Afleitch's updates in his campaign thread and I hope to be able to work with him effectively in the next Senate.

On a side note....I am also regularly updating my campaign/office thread and outlining my thoughts on various current pieces of legislation. I encourage everyone to take a look and comment on anything that catches their eye.

You have one of the most regularly updated office threads which I'm pleased to dip in an out of. You also explain things well to your national constituents. More of the same please Senators Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #774 on: March 29, 2009, 03:12:11 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: Free Palestine Bill called to final vote, senate expected to pass
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies