The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:17:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171476 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: July 31, 2009, 05:27:41 PM »

I am pretty sure in terms of "quality of members" the DA reins supreme. But, ya know, I'm not biased or anything. Just saying. Tongue
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #951 on: July 31, 2009, 07:41:55 PM »

Lief Has Modest Approvals
by South Park Conservative

After only his first month in office, President Lief's approval rating has slipped to 42%. 42% disapprove of Lief and 18% have no opinion. With only a month left before the next Senate election, where the RPP will likely pick up 1-2 seats, the President may not have mcuh time to finish his agenda.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #952 on: July 31, 2009, 09:09:52 PM »

I am pretty sure in terms of "quality of members" the DA reins supreme. But, ya know, I'm not biased or anything. Just saying. Tongue

No, no. It's clearly the LNF.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #953 on: July 31, 2009, 09:28:00 PM »

The DA has most of its members active, but I believe only 60% voted in the last election (the special).  The RPP, by any reasonable person's count, certainly has more than 9 quality members
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #954 on: August 02, 2009, 01:43:26 AM »

Health Care Bill Has 48% Support

A new poll by Survey Atlasia revealed that the health care bill being debated in the Senate has only 48% support of the general public. An equal amount disapprove of the bill. This bill may be key to deciding who the Regional Protection Party will third-preference in the next election.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #955 on: August 02, 2009, 01:45:50 AM »

A new poll by Survey Atlasia revealed that the health care bill being debated in the Senate has only 48% support of the general public. An equal amount disapprove of the bill. This bill may be key to deciding who the Regional Protection Party will third-preference in the next election.

Of course, most if not all of the people who disapprove refuse to actually show up and explain why they oppose it, and more people probably support it if it was more important to show up in a fantasy election issue poll.

Also, nice vague blackmailing. I knew PurpleState was trying to suck up to you guys, but come on now..
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #956 on: August 02, 2009, 01:48:49 AM »

Of course, most if not all of the people who disapprove refuse to actually show up and explain why they oppose it, and more people probably support it if it was more important to show up in a fantasy election issue poll.

Also, nice vague blackmailing. I knew PurpleState was trying to suck up to you guys, but come on now..

I oppose it because it would ruin our health care system. I was just stating the facts regarding the Senate's political interests, and it would be dishonest of me to deny it. Isn't it logical that we would vote in our own self-interest?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #957 on: August 02, 2009, 04:01:14 AM »
« Edited: August 02, 2009, 07:46:25 AM by Senator Marokai Blue »

I'm simply saying:

1. You're widely regarded as the weakest DA member up for re-election, you desperately need outside support to survive the next election.

2. The NWA is an RPP mouthpiece, and SPC and others have made it clear that if you bow to them on certain things, they will support you in part.

3. You've made odd rhetorical shifts in recent weeks that would seem to suggest you're trying to angle for RPP votes to help your re-election.

4. I accused the Democratic Alliance, around April, of secretly trying to strike a deal with the RPP for the then-upcoming Presidential election in June. People make a big womp about it and accused me of trying to be partisan and belligerent, and assured me such a thing was not happening, then in June PiT announced his.. DA running mate! I've been upset at suspicious activity between certain DA members and the RPP, and so far I've got a pretty good track record at calling 'em like I see 'em.

Edit: I'm not trying to insult you or go after you here, I just find this rather beneath you.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #958 on: August 02, 2009, 07:54:44 AM »

Not this crap again. Jesus Christ.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #959 on: August 02, 2009, 09:10:34 AM »

Just my two cents on PurpleState being attacked (OMG its because he is sucking up to the RPP!!!111!!!):

1.) The reason that I plan to preference PurpleState highly has nothing at all to do with policy.  Anyone who knows me and my voting patterns knows that I vote based solely on how interesting I think a person makes the game and/or whether they are a thorn in my side.  PurpleState has done a great job as a senator igniting debate and he has stayed incredibly active throughout his entire term.  What he votes on any bill will not effect my preference of him at all.

2.) I don't see why it is so amazing that you called that the RPP and DA would run a joint ticket in June.  The idea was floated about incredibly early and serious talks began as early as April 11th.  Was this really a surprise?  To me it seems like the only logical choice the parties had
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #960 on: August 02, 2009, 12:22:01 PM »

2. The NWA is an RPP mouthpiece, and SPC and others have made it clear that if you bow to them on certain things, they will support you in part.

If you don't like it, start your own newspaper. Clearly mine must be pretty popular to be the second-most commented on and viewed in Atlasian history.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #961 on: August 03, 2009, 02:57:34 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2009, 03:00:40 PM by Chairman DWTL »

Alexander Hamilton Enters Uncharted Waters

This week, Atlasian newbie Alexander Hamilton announced his intention to run for lieuteniant governor of the Pacific.  What is so unique about a race that otherwise would seem uninteresting?  Hamilton is the first member of the RPP to ever mount a run for office in the Pacific region.  Due a recent boost in numbers across the nation but also in the Pacific, Hamilton would seem to have a decent shot.  However, long-time powerhouse Atlasian, Ebowed, announced that he is in the race as well.  See as a JCP legend, it would appear Hamilton is certainly facing an uphill battle.  It is also yet to be seen whether or not Lt. Gov. Alcon will stay in the race with Ebowed a declared candidate.

Hamilton's quest to become the first non-JCP candidate to win in the Pacific since Torie won his senate election in June 2008, has been meeted by positive and negative reactions.  He has won the endorsement of his own party, along with nearly every member of the DA, including well-known RPP hater, HappyWarrior.  The only negative reaction seemed to come from released released from prison and a mental institution and perennial election loser Xahar, who claim that since he could not win the Pacific no one could. 

Much is yet to be seen in this race, but it, along with the Midwest governor's race appear to be the most exciting regional elections to be had this month.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #962 on: August 03, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »

PRESS RELEASE

After a nearly two-year hiatus, the National Weekly Atlasian will be renewing it's interview feature. For an interview, please PM me or leave a comment here.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #963 on: August 03, 2009, 07:23:44 PM »

NWA Interview With Lt. Governor Barnes

What have been your major accomplishments since becoming Lieutenant Governor?

First off, I'd like to think the Atlasian for holding this interview with me.

I think my largest achievement as Lt. Governor so far, has been to get the Northeast Legislative Assembly moving again. That was my major campaign theme, and I'm very happy with the level of interest and participation in it. 

What work have you done regarding the Northeast Assembly?

Since taking office, I've opened a new thread for the Assembly and tried to get people to throw around ideas to reform the Legislative Branch. I'm really happy with an Amendment that my good friend, Antonio V, and RowanBrandon created. It's being debated right now in the Assembly.

What are the different ideas that have been suggested for the Assembly, and which one is your personal favorite?

Well, some citizens want to keep the current form of government, but also create a small elected Assembly. Some want a three-person Assembly, much like the Mideast's. My personal favorite is the Amendment proposed by Antonio and Rowan, but I like a lot of the ideas floating around, especially public referendums and Recalls.

Also, other parts of the Constitution are being debated. Such as whether or not the Chief Judicial Officer should be confirmed by the Assembly, right now they're just appointed by the Governor. Another is whether or not we should even have the position of Lt. Governor, and what powers they should have.

Do you have any aspirations for higher office in the near future?

I do have aspirations for higher political office. I'd love to be elected Governor one day. But I'd only do that if Governor Andrew CT didn't want to seek a third term. I'm very happy where I started off as Lt. Governor, but I do plan to move up!

Thank you for participating in this interview.

You're very welcome!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« Reply #964 on: August 03, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »

This week, Atlasian newbie Alexander Hamilton announced his intention to run for lieuteniant governor of the Pacific.  What is so unique about a race that otherwise would seem uninteresting?  Hamilton is the first member of the RPP to ever mount a run for office in the Pacific region.  Due a recent boost in numbers across the nation but also in the Pacific, Hamilton would seem to have a decent shot.  However, long-time powerhouse Atlasian, Ebowed, announced that he is in the race as well.  See as a JCP legend, it would appear Hamilton is certainly facing an uphill battle.  It is also yet to be seen whether or not Lt. Gov. Alcon will stay in the race with Ebowed a declared candidate.

Hamilton's quest to become the first non-JCP candidate to win in the Pacific since Torie won his senate election in June 2008, has been meeted by positive and negative reactions.  He has won the endorsement of his own party, along with nearly every member of the DA, including well-known RPP hater, HappyWarrior.  The only negative reaction seemed to come from released released from prison and a mental institution and perennial election loser Xahar, who claim that since he could not win the Pacific no one could. 

Much is yet to be seen in this race, but it, along with the Midwest governor's race appear to be the most exciting regional elections to be had this month.

SPC how can you allow him to post blatant slander in your reputable newspaper.  I don't have a problem with the RPP, just DWTL.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #965 on: August 03, 2009, 10:04:56 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2009, 10:06:44 PM by Senator Marokai Blue »

I didn't notice that, actually. I suppose I should read SPC's threads more thoroughly.

The idea that HappyWarrior is a hateful person towards anyone is laughable though, he's one of the kindest and most respectful individuals in Atlasia.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #966 on: August 03, 2009, 10:06:20 PM »

SPC how can you allow him to post blatant slander in your reputable newspaper.  I don't have a problem with the RPP, just DWTL.

Well, we all know than DWTL has a distorted view of the reality.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #967 on: August 03, 2009, 11:05:39 PM »

And by the way did anyone else notice DWTL said meeted rather than met?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #968 on: August 03, 2009, 11:07:03 PM »

At this point I am used to and ignore typos on this forum (and in NWA articles), no matter how much they make me cringe.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #969 on: August 03, 2009, 11:20:13 PM »

He is probably dyslexic and shouldn't be made fun of, or he just types really fast and should be more cautious. Yes, he makes a lot of typos but it's still very easy to understand what he is saying, unlike certain Jewish Conservatives.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #970 on: August 03, 2009, 11:29:04 PM »

He is probably dyslexic and shouldn't be made fun of, or he just types really fast and should be more cautious. Yes, he makes a lot of typos but it's still very easy to understand what he is saying, unlike certain Jewish Conservatives.

I just like to bust his balls because hes an arrogant, insensitive ass.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #971 on: August 04, 2009, 12:47:25 AM »

Yeah, I didn't like that comment either. It's too bad I can't edit DWTL's post.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #972 on: August 04, 2009, 01:19:18 AM »

Libel is printed defamation, slander is spoken defamation.  You were looking for the first word.

Just FYI - anything I can do to increase the vocabulary of forumites.  Smiley
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #973 on: August 04, 2009, 01:42:55 AM »

NWA Interview with Alexander Hamilton

What made you decide to run for Lieutenant Governor?

First of all I’d like to thank SPC, as well as the readers, for their precious time. The deciding factor that caused me to run for the Lt. Gov. seat was the desire to break the one-party tradition of the Pacific. Although the Jesus Christ Party has many notable members, I feel it is time for a change in the Pacific. Now more than ever, we need new leadership and a new direction across Atlasia.

What is the best reason to vote for you and not Ebowed?

There are many reasons to vote for me over Ebowed, more than I can count on my fingers, to be honest. Ebowed is a nice guy, sure, but he lacks the passion I hold for the Pacific region to flourish. His tenure as GM was, well, let’s just say disastrous. After a long tenure of JCP rule over the Pacific, I say it’s about time to see what I have to offer. I have been noted as a “Moderate Hero” by DA members and promise bipartisanship and unity.

If elected Lieutenant Governor, what do you hope to accomplish?

If given the honor to serve a term as Lt. Governor, I promise to improve the Pacific by opening up the region to new members and bringing new levels of activity to the region. New members are turned off by the impression that the old guard is in power, and there are no opportunities in the Pacific. I don’t believe it! I also pledge to be very active in working with the Legislature and the Governor, and making sure all elections are conducted fairly and properly. I’d like to see a transportation bill by October.

What are your major policy agreements and disagreements with the JCP?

I applaud the Jesus Christ Party for their work on making Atlasia a freer society and emphasizing individual rights. And I will continue to reform the Pacific and preserve our civil liberties and individual rights. In fact, I will do so better than JCP candidate Ebowed will. Differences I have with the Jesus Christ Party are rooted in method. I disapprove of allowing someone like Alcon to hold this seat when he has repeatedly made it clear he doesn’t want to do the job. Ebowed will not be any better than Alcon, as he has shown us with his performances in previous positions. I am honored by the opportunity of serving the Pacific, and it’s citizens of all parties.

Thank you for taking the time to do this interview.

Thank you for your time and dedication.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #974 on: August 04, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »

NWA Interview with Chairman DWTL

How would you rate your performance as RPP chairman? Do you have any regrets?

First of all, thank you SPC for interviewing me it has been a long time since I did one of these.

Now, as far as my performance as RPP chair I would rate it as top notch.  While style is different than the other two major party chairs who seem to take more of a backseat, I like to be out there in the open promoting the party and our candidates.  Sometimes I get a little heated, but I do it because as the chair it is my job to worry more about the party and making sure our candidates are seen in a good light than my own electability.  I am not concerned about my future, I've already had a great run even I never get elected to anything ever again, but I am concerned about the future for our new members who deserve the chances to have just as much fun in this game as I have.  Call me conceited, but without my leadership the RPP would certainly be nowhere near where it is today, this is a party that needs a leader who isn't afraid to speak their mind and do what they think the party needs.  When myself, yourself, and Duke started this party, people thought it was a joke, but myself and others made sure we were the most powerful party in Atlasia because people embrace our message of activity, fun, and regional politics.  But perhaps the reason for my success as chair comes from my honesty and integrity, people know that if they help me or the party, the favor will be returned.  Even my greatest opponents will admit I do not go back on my word.

What do you believe is the best strategy for RPPers to get elected?

I believe that the best strategy to get RPPers elected is to make sure that we have plenty of active members and they are spread across the map.  We started as a party located solely in the Dirty South, but now we have just as many members in the Mideast.  The regional seats are where we make a lot of headway because we have capable members all across the map.  Making sure that each candidates shows their distinct quality and that the RPP isn't a bunch of drones, as some have accused, is also very, very important.

What issues do you believe are most important for Atlasia right now?

Right now the most important issues facing Atlasia is making sure that the regions have power restored to them.  We see the senate currently making some odd decision to spend, spend, spend and at the same time pass feel good measures that hinder trade and our economy.  I feel that the good people of all regions, especially the Dirty South, know better what works for them that the big wigs in Nyman.  I know, I used to be there and its a horrible place.

Do you have any plans for running for office again in the near future?

I have no plans on running for office in the near future except if the Dirty South assembly is created I will be there to get it off the ground.  I previously hinted I may run for senate in December, but that is not going to happen either.  My role now is one of passing on what I know about this game to new members and watching the RPP grow in strength and number.  Being the chairman of the RPP is my sole responsiblity at this point.  However, if the Governor's Plantation opens it, I'm jumping in.

Thank you for taking the time to do this interview.

You're welcome
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies