The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:51:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171508 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: February 01, 2009, 12:52:12 PM »

I was joking with the selective quote. PBrunsel agreed with the NWA 94% of the time, and based on your debate performance, I found it unlikely that you agreed with the paper that often.

The NWA piece in retrospect probably contributed to the result being the way it was. If only you'd reported during the last presidential race about say the 'anti-regionalist' Afleitch, I could have been president!

j/k.

Do you want to be a writer, as I've offered you repeatedly?

Thank you, but no. I'm involved in too many things here at the moment; Referendum Movement and the RAA (which I really should combine) Assembly and a political and a constitutional convention...I probably should cut back :/

I think I tried my hand at the press once. IRRC the result was unreadable!
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #551 on: February 01, 2009, 12:55:16 PM »

NWA beats NA
by South Park Conservative

While I was searching through old threads today, I found that the National Weekly Atlasian has doubled the readership of the late National Atlasian throughout both papers' history. The NWA has also exceeded the NA's length by 9 pages.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #552 on: February 01, 2009, 06:53:46 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

It has been leaked to the National Weekly Atlasian by an unnamed source that President Bgwah will not seek re-election, and that Southeast Governor AHDuke will run for president. Both will make an official announcement on Tuesday, and it appears likely that Senator BaconKing is the frontrunner to be his running mate.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #553 on: February 01, 2009, 07:34:16 PM »

Well, I strongly endorse AndrewCT then.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #554 on: February 01, 2009, 09:03:29 PM »

I will not endorse Duke for reasons that are oblivous. If the SDP endorse him, I will resign. The SDP will endorse somebody before the election.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #555 on: February 01, 2009, 09:08:49 PM »

I will not endorse Duke for reasons that are oblivous. If the SDP endorse him, I will resign. The SDP will endorse somebody before the election.

Do you mean AndrewCT and obvious?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #556 on: February 01, 2009, 09:19:35 PM »

I mean obvious and Duke. That is clear than I will not endorse Duke since all opposes us. For now, you can see that like an AndrewCT endorsement. If other candidates enter in the race I may change my choice.

BaconKing/Duke would have an higher preference than Duke/BaconKing, for me.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #557 on: February 01, 2009, 09:48:14 PM »

Who Will Run in the Pacific?

Torie's unexpected retirement has put the Pacific Senate seat into play, and we don't even know who the candidates are yet. At first glance, one would think that Governor Cultureking would be the frontrunner. However, given that he resigned his Senate seat only a few months ago to obtain the governorship, I doubt he would run for Senate again. Lt. Governor Alcon might be a candidate as well, but given that he didn't want the governorship, I doubt he would want the Senate seat either. If Cultureking and Alcon don't run, than who will?

bgwah?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #558 on: February 01, 2009, 11:34:59 PM »

I mean obvious and Duke. That is clear than I will not endorse Duke since all opposes us. For now, you can see that like an AndrewCT endorsement. If other candidates enter in the race I may change my choice.

First I want to say that I will neither confirm nor deny this report, but I will hint it may be a bit too presumptuous.

As for the SDP, I never said I oppose the party. On the contrary, I've said that I'd like to work with the SDP in the future. I did oppose the party when Mr. Xahar was around hacking into personal property of Mr. Constine and Mr. Brandon H. It bothered me that the party stood by him until the bitter end without listening to any advice.

For the record, I dislike Mr. Xahar and his actions, not the SDP. You said yourself that Xahar =/ the SDP. I'm sorry you feel that way. If you do oppose me, please do it on accurate grounds and not false ones like the one you listed.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #559 on: February 01, 2009, 11:50:07 PM »

I'd like to say that Duke currently has my utmost support.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #560 on: February 01, 2009, 11:56:01 PM »

As for the SDP, I never said I oppose the party. On the contrary, I've said that I'd like to work with the SDP in the future. I did oppose the party when Mr. Xahar was around hacking into personal property of Mr. Constine and Mr. Brandon H. It bothered me that the party stood by him until the bitter end without listening to any advice.

For the record, I dislike Mr. Xahar and his actions, not the SDP. You said yourself that Xahar =/ the SDP. I'm sorry you feel that way. If you do oppose me, please do it on accurate grounds and not false ones like the one you listed.

And I would like to work with the RPP party in the future. I don't oppose the party, I oppose some policies. I am sure than we will be able, all parties together, a compromise on regional issues. You are a party for regional rights, regardless of the left-right position and we are a party for left people, regardless of their position on regional rights.

For Xahar, all was said. I say again than everybody is not guilty until proven guilty. We believed Xahar, that was an error. I had confiance in Xahar and I was deceived.

I retire my opposition, but I still a difficulty to support your policies. It would depend of the campaign.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #561 on: February 01, 2009, 11:59:36 PM »

And I would like to work with the RPP party in the future. I don't oppose the party, I oppose some policies. I am sure than we will be able, all parties together, a compromise on regional issues. You are a party for regional rights, regardless of the left-right position and we are a party for left people, regardless of their position on regional rights.

For Xahar, all was said. I say again than everybody is not guilty until proven guilty. We believed Xahar, that was an error. I had confiance in Xahar and I was deceived.

I retire my opposition, but I still a difficulty to support your policies. It would depend of the campaign.

That's all I ask. Smiley

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #562 on: February 02, 2009, 02:32:18 PM »

The biggest question I have about Atlasia atm is why the hell is Leif a Senator?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #563 on: February 02, 2009, 02:44:01 PM »

The biggest question I have about Atlasia atm is why the hell is Leif a Senator?

because I lost my write-in campaign Smiley

Seriously though, Leif is alright....what's the problem?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #564 on: February 02, 2009, 03:43:51 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

It has been leaked to the National Weekly Atlasian by an unnamed source that President Bgwah will not seek re-election, and that Southeast Governor AHDuke will run for president. Both will make an official announcement on Tuesday, and it appears likely that Senator BaconKing is the frontrunner to be his running mate.

So much for that. Thou source hath betrayed thee.

SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #565 on: February 02, 2009, 06:54:35 PM »

Bgwah announces re-election campaign, more election news

Contrary to what our leaked announcement revealed, President Bgwah and Vice-President Meeker announced that they would be seeking re-election later this month. The false report may have caused them to announce today.
   Coinciding this announcement, our first official election poll revealed that Senator AndrewCT had a 46-23 lead over President Bgwah, with 27% undecided and 5% voting for someone else. While the author agrees that AndrewCT probably has a slight advantage over Bgwah, I doubt it is as great as our poll reveals.
   While Bgwah's announcement precludes any presidential run by Governor Duke, the National Weekly Atlasian has information that Duke might still play a role in this election, most likely in a role that would be considered ironic given yesterday's incorrect announcement.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #566 on: February 02, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »

The President has my vote.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #567 on: February 11, 2009, 11:01:07 AM »

Andrew picks Andrew

Senator AndrewCT picked Mideast Assemblyman Afleitch as his running mate today, thus completing the DA ticket, and forming an Andrew/Andrew ticket. The ticket will face Bgwah/Meeker in the general election in a week and a half.
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #568 on: February 11, 2009, 11:53:41 AM »

I'm hoping with my VP pick, that people will just say that they support "the andrews"
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #569 on: February 11, 2009, 12:57:29 PM »

I'm hoping with my VP pick, that people will just say that they support "the andrews"

Or Andrew squared.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #570 on: February 11, 2009, 03:09:35 PM »

It didn't work out so well when I ran with Brandon W a few years ago.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #571 on: February 11, 2009, 05:57:14 PM »

Interesting strategy, it seems like Andrew is making a statement that he can without the support of the RPP.  A calculated risk, will it pay off?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #572 on: February 11, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »

Interesting strategy, it seems like Andrew is making a statement that he can without the support of the RPP.  A calculated risk, will it pay off?

My question is that will the RPP split its vote between Andrew and Bgwah? Right now I am slightly leaning towards the later but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the former. From what you have said and what I have gathered both a pretty good on regional rights. Of course there is a chance that someone might run that is a member of the RPP and that would change everything. Has Gov Duke ruled out a run yet, I have heard his name mentioned?
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #573 on: February 11, 2009, 06:08:38 PM »

My question is that will the RPP split its vote between Andrew and Bgwah? Right now I am slightly leaning towards the later but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the former. From what you have said and what I have gathered both a pretty good on regional rights. Of course there is a chance that someone might run that is a member of the RPP and that would change everything. Has Gov Duke ruled out a run yet, I have heard his name mentioned?

Duke has pledged that he wouldn't run if Bgwah ran. I doubt the RPP will split its vote now.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #574 on: February 11, 2009, 06:23:43 PM »

Duke has pledged that he wouldn't run if Bgwah ran. I doubt the RPP will split its vote now.

I had thought so I just wanted to make sure. As I said I am leaning towards Bgwah right now.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies