The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 11, 2024, 03:02:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 174162 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: December 09, 2009, 05:57:49 PM »

Interview With Senator Hashemite:

Q: As the leader of the one of the three major parties, what is your opinion of the current party structure?

The party structure which we currently have, with strong parties is refreshing to me and it's the least worst out of all choices. What I am concerned about is the transformation of strong parties into dirty political machines dominated by zombies and trolls who do nothing but support the machine's electoral efforts.

Q: Do you see the JCP strangehold on the presidency being broken anytime soon?

The JCP has undeniably built up strength in Atlasia, part from recruitment and part from their united message and generally competent governing. If the JCP stranglehold on the executive is broken, I hope that it will be broken not because they're overtaken in terms of members by another political machine, but because the opposition has a competent and moderate candidate.

Q: When would you say is the earliest the DA could independently compete for the presidency?

I don't see what you mean exactly by 'independently compete'. We did so in the last election to prove that the DA wasn't a minor party which could be turned into a vote bank by either major party but was in fact a party of reformers with a platform and a certain view of Atlasia. I think that was successful, despite falling short.

If you mean competing and to have a realistic shot at the Presidency, then I honestly don't know. I want the DA to be a strong party, but I prefer to remain where we currently are than to hold the White House by accumulating zombies and trolls in our ranks.

Q: You have long advocated against zombie voting, would you agree that trolling has become even more of an issue?

Trolling is a major issue, but I feel that both issues are connected somewhat. A number of zombies are trolls, and I think that there must be a united effort against both zombies and trolls.

Q: Your votes often fall on different sides of the aisle and many, including your recent vote on the CoG, have been contrary to what many expected.  Do you consider yourself a maverick or at least the senate swing voter?

I don't consider myself a maverick or a swing voter, because I only vote my conscience and beliefs. I'm not universally right-wing or left-wing, so I don't expect my votes to fall entirely on one side or the other.

On the specific issue of the CoG, I made it clear that if there was to be bicameralism in Atlasia, it must be real bicameralism and not a half-ass system of bicameralism. In addition, I expressed strong concerns about the viability of such an institution, because I doubted and still doubt of the ability of some Governors to be competent federal legislators and I'm not sold on the idea of having executives be both executives and legislators. That flies in the face of separation of powers.

Q: It is almost certain that Hamilton will challenge you in the next regional election, what do you plan to campaign on?  Will you go negative when you opponent inevitably does?

I have not yet made my decision on the next Senate election, and if I do run, I will continue to run on my record in the Senate and my policies, like I did in both my first and second runs for NE Senate. If my opponent, whether it be Hamilton or another, chooses to go negative and attack me on fronts which I would deem to be irresponsible and wrong, then I'll make the truth clear and respond in whatever way is best.

Q: Do you have any aspirations outside senator?  How long do you plan to serve?

As I said, I haven't yet made up my mind concerning the February Senate elections, and will only do so next year. I like, for the time being, the role of legislator, and it's probably the role in which I'm best able to serve my region and the nation.

Thank you for your time.

Interview with Mechaman:

Q: Why did you first get involved in Atlasia?
A: Well it seemed like a fun idea. At first I was a zombie voter for whoever PiT told me to be after awhile I started getting more involved in the game after he asked me to run for Senate.

Q: Why did you leave the RPP after they asked you to run for senate under their banner?
A: I kind of regret how I originally handled the situation at the time but I felt like that at the time I was more at home with the Democratic Alliance than the Regional Protection Party. I swear that it had nothing to do with your behavior, just me getting more aware of Atlasian mechanics.

Q: What made you steer toward such a universally despised figure such as Hamilton?
A: I DID NOT JOIN THE ATLASIAN REFORM COALITION BECAUSE HAMILTON TOLD ME TO, I JOINED IT BECAUSE I WANTED TO JOIN A PARTY WHERE I FELT MY VOICE COULD BE HEARD AND HAD PRINCIPLES WHICH IS SOMETHING THE RPP DOES NOT HAVE. As an aside, I would not have joined the ARC until I knew it was legit. Once Einzige joined I knew it wasn't just some Hamilton zombie party.

Q: What kind of future do you see yourself having in Atlasia?
A: The Great Emancipator, the ender of the corrupt Atlasian government.

Q: What your administration change if elected governor of the Midwest?
A: I would erase the administration, ANARCHY FOR THE MIDWEST!

Q: How do you rate your chances in that election?
A: Over 9000% at least.

Q: Do you approve of the job Vepres is doing?
A: No, he is an unclef***ing Canadian Jew hating bastard who must be executed for the betterment of mankind.

Q: You have long declared war on "moralf****try", so why then not back the RPP candidates in the next senate election?  Fmr. Sen. DWTL's most well-known legislation was legalizing drugs and his votes on legalizing prostiution and liberalizing sex laws?
A: Because Former Senator DWTL refused to do the same for me just because I happened to be in the same party as Hamilton. Also, the man spends a lot of time bashing the hell out of my party, how would you feel if some guy who you didn't have that much beef with before was constantly refusing to endorse you, although you were the best candidate, just because of your association with somebody? How can he expect me to vote for him if he spends most of his time grouping independent voters like me and Einzige as "zombie voters" for Hamilton when we have proven in the past that we can think independently? Also, his views on homosexuality are disgusting...............

Q: Do you think the ARC can win elections even with Hamilton involved?
A: Hamilton's past is regreattable, but I for one will refuse to resort to blacklisting any of our members. Hell Xahar is free to join if he so desired, that is the beauty of the non-aggression principle.

Q: Why not form a new party free of Hamilton's influence as people such as NiK and Winston Disraeli have suggested?
A: Good idea, but let me once again voice the opinion that Hamilton is not our party's leader. This party has no leader, we are merely a group of individuals working together to push forth an agenda of more freedom, liberty, and smaller government. If the RPP is so deluded to think it stands for any of those it will stop pandering to authoritarians like RowanBrandon and North Carolina Yankee.

Q: What will your senate balllot like?
A: I don't know yet, I already did endorsements but I forgot the order of endorsements. You will have to find out come election time.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1526 on: December 09, 2009, 06:04:55 PM »

I would happy to do an interview with you should your time allow it.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1527 on: December 09, 2009, 10:09:37 PM »

Me too Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1528 on: December 30, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: THREE PROMINENT GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR TRESPASSING IN THE CHAMBER OF THE CURRENTLY RECESSED SENATE!!!!

The three perpetrators, Game Moderator Purple State(DA-VA), Senator Tmthforu94(DA-IN), and Senator-elect Badger(JCP-OH) could not be reached for questioning.

This story is currently developing. We will bring you more details as they develop.

for the lulz mostly, I am posting this. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1529 on: December 30, 2009, 08:58:12 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: THREE PROMINENT GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR TRESPASSING IN THE CHAMBER OF THE CURRENTLY RECESSED SENATE!!!!

The three perpetrators, Game Moderator Purple State(DA-VA), Senator Tmthforu94(DA-IN), and Senator-elect Badger(JCP-OH) could not be reached for questioning.

This story is currently developing. We will bring you more details as they develop.

for the lulz mostly, I am posting this. Tongue

I could too have been reached for comment! Tongue

My comment: "I apologize to the Senate for my offense, but my office's restroom was under repair and I heard they have a pretty fancy place for the senators to do their business. I mean come on, heated toilet seats and 3-ply toilet paper! Who can resist?"
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1530 on: December 30, 2009, 10:01:09 PM »

Just because I was found wearing black and white striped clothes wearing a lone ranger mask and carrying a bag with a dollar sign---people jump to such conclusions!
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #1531 on: December 30, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »

Dude, my name was spelled wrong. Did you expect me to just sit back and take that? Heck to the no! Nobody treats me that way, nobody.
(That's right Badger, I'm talking to YOU!) Angry
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1532 on: December 31, 2009, 01:52:07 AM »

Heck to the no?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1533 on: December 31, 2009, 06:06:29 PM »

Dude, my name was spelled wrong. Did you expect me to just sit back and take that? Heck to the no! Nobody treats me that way, nobody.
(That's right Badger, I'm talking to YOU!) Angry

OK! OK! Jeez!

"Izzik" it is then. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1534 on: January 01, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1535 on: January 01, 2010, 12:56:00 AM »

Causing mischief in the Senate chambers, no doubt? Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1536 on: January 03, 2010, 02:09:57 PM »

Breaking News: COC snubs PPT after speech

This is just being reported that the Chamber of Commerce has declined to endorse Senator North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) despite his recent outreach and appeal to that group. The COC chairmen has stated the following, "The Senator has, since being elected in June, become an unindicted co-conspirator in an effort of radical left wingers to explode the size of gov't, increase the National Debt, and destroy the value of the dollar. There is just no way we can overlook that record to endorse the Senator." He went on to speak favorably of GPorter stating, "He understands the critical need to reduce our debt, however his support of raising taxes is a bit much to swallow".
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1537 on: January 03, 2010, 02:12:33 PM »

This is just being reported that the Chamber of Commerce has declined to endorse Senator North Carolina Yankee(RPP-NC) despite his recent outreach and appeal to that group. The COC chairmen has stated the following, "The Senator has, since being elected in June, become an unindicted co-conspirator in an effort of radical left wingers to explode the size of gov't, increase the National Debt, and destroy the value of the dollar. There is just no way we can overlook that record to endorse the Senator." He went on to speak favorably of GPorter stating, "He understands the critical need to reduce our debt, however his support of raising taxes is a bit much to swallow".

LOL
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1538 on: January 03, 2010, 02:14:09 PM »

LOL
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #1539 on: January 03, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »

LOL

I don't know what's funnier: The Chamber of Commerce accusing Yankee of being in cahoots with radical left wingers, or that they think GPORTER is the better choice (no offense).
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1540 on: January 03, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »

LOL

I was sort of planning this from the start. Wink Got to have some fun somewhere. The story isn't over yet either. Tongue
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1541 on: January 03, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »

Poor guy, just for the impressive speech you made, you really deserved its support. Grin
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1542 on: January 03, 2010, 02:19:44 PM »

Does this story end with GPorter being outted as a serial adulterer, complete with interviews of his 13 mistresses?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1543 on: January 03, 2010, 02:24:52 PM »

Does this story end with GPorter being outted as a serial adulterer, complete with interviews of his 13 mistresses?

No I don't think it will be quite that interesting. Smiley
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1544 on: January 03, 2010, 05:29:54 PM »

That part doesn't happen until after he gets elected.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1545 on: January 03, 2010, 05:33:38 PM »

Wow, that was a great story. Thanks for the laughs. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1546 on: January 03, 2010, 05:36:27 PM »

Wow, that was a great story. Thanks for the laughs. Smiley

It isn't over yet, though. The next step is my "official" response to the COC chairmen. Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1547 on: January 11, 2010, 09:04:01 PM »

Breakin News: Innactive Governor of the Pacific Resigns!!!

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1548 on: January 15, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »

Abandoned buildings popping up

A growing issue seems to be growth in abandoned buildings. You now with all the economic problems in all. You know in a residential section Nyman, they got an abandoned building its getting all dirty and reports of criminal activity. Or is that the Capitol building I am thinking of? I can't remember.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1549 on: January 23, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »

Okay, Trying something new for me by restoring something that SPC used to do. Interviews. Today we present you with the front runner for the NE Senate Race, fmr Lt. Governor and current member of the HAEV, lets give a big welcome to NE Senate candidate Barnes.

(Applause)

Good evening Lt Governor. Great to have you here.

Barnes: Thanks, great to be here.

Well lets get right down to business

1. Many know of your experience, but for those who don't know, please give a short summary of why you think you are ready and qualified to be Senator?

Well, I served as Lt. Governor for one and a half terms (5 1/2 months). During that time I sparked off the interest in a regional assembly for the region, after many months of hard work, we got that trough, and the Northeast started to flourish again. I was then reelected without any opposition, and stove to ensure an efficient and meaningful Assembly.

Then, in December, I ran for an At-Large Senate seat, and although I didn't win, I learned priceless information about campaigning in a Federal election.

Later that month, I was appointed to the High Authority for Ethics in Voting. With my colleagues, Peter and Meeker, we got the ball rolling, so to speak. We just recently affirmed our guidelines for removing a voter from the roles, and we are awaiting Senate confirmation to proceed.

Also, ever since Day One of my time in Atlaisa I've paid close attention to the Government thread, and every day I keep myself updated on the Senate's proceedings.

I believe all of this combines into the right mix of leadership and experience that one needs to enter this great body.

2. A big issue right now is the lack of issues, the lack of debate and substance. As Senator, what do you plan to push and will any of it be contentious?

Well, I don't believe that a lack of debate is a chronic issue facing the country. It is an off month for elections, and many people, I suspect, are taking a short break.

But, to answer your question, I'll always have my office open for any citizen. I also plan to send regular PM updates to my constituents, and to publish these updates in my office so that everyone may see them. These updates will inform citizens of the work being conducted by the Senate, and everything I have recently done.

3. What is your opinion of the recent financial Regulation bill that just passed the Senate and was signed into law by the President?

I approve of the Law. I believe that for too long the big banks and business have held Atlasians hostage. This Law is an important step to make sure that Atlasia is dependent on a Business labeled "too big to fail".

4. Senator Mint recently introduced a bill to repeal the Carbon tax and the Carbone Import tax. Do oppose repealing it and if so, why?

I oppose repealing this Act. The environment is an issue I always keep close at heart, and I believe that repealing the Carbon Tax would be a serious setback for the Green Movement.

5. A recent poll has been conducted by Survey Atlasia and it shows leading by a wide margin? Why do you think you have such strong support?

Well, I try to not get caught up in polls, but, I must say, I was pleased with the results. Smiley  I think the reason that I have such large support is explained in my first answer. I've always held the Northeast close at heart, and have always care for its citizens.

6. You are runnning to replace Senator Hashemite(DA-ME), what you will do differently or approach differently then he has in his term?

Well, this would have to be analyzed on a case-by-case basis. However, like I've already said, I'll make the environment a cornerstone of my term.

7. You current Senator is pushing to remove the position of Secretary of Internal Affairs? Do you support this proposal? Do you support the appointment of Xahar to the postion of SoIA to replace former SoIA NiK?

I support the position of SoIA. I think it was an important office to create, and that NiK did what he could with it, however maybe he wasn't best suited. Hopefully, Xahar will really kick-off activity in the DoIA. Smiley

8. Pick a side
Colts versus the Jets

Colts versus the Jets-eh.....No comment. Wink 

Conan versus Jay

Conan versus Jay-Conan, definitely.

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies