The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:15:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171445 times)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« on: July 02, 2007, 05:39:48 PM »

DWTL's article was hilarious, I'll answer some questions any time.

Almost as hilarious as your insignifigance
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 08:32:28 AM »

SPC, would it possible to make it a little clearer what each bill is?  I would also like to state here again that I am the only senator to vote against the capitalist infringment bill that was the Darfur Divestment Bill
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 02:56:18 PM »

I want to respond to Hashemite's claim that the senate does not address the environment.  We address the environment but such proposals like adopting Kyoto Procotol were voted down because they are not good plans.  Does he offer any plans himself?

Also, I think it is time I did a follow up interview if you have some new questions for me
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 04:01:05 PM »

I want to respond to Hashemite's claim that the senate does not address the environment.  We address the environment but such proposals like adopting Kyoto Procotol were voted down because they are not good plans.  Does he offer any plans himself?

Also, I think it is time I did a follow up interview if you have some new questions for me

The Kyoto Protocol is the first thing to do when trying to take any environmental action. I know you do things on the environment in there, but each plan that has a decent chance to help solve environment problems is voted down. Does the Senate do anything to address global warming, climate change?
With the current senate I think you are sorely out of luck and even if I do not reelection you probably are still out of luck there.  One the senate is one that believes in free market and capitalist ideals, such as a only realistic environmental solutions.  There is also a sizable portion of the senate that is sane enough to not buy into man-made global warming.  I am not sure what exactly you want, Ebowed is trying to get a bill to stop ANWR, but not only does it have little support in the senate, the president is threatening a veto if passed.  It looks if you want strict government controls on the environment you need only need a lot of new senators but a new president at all.  Atlasia has never been a country that tried to pass environmental laws.  I suggest you try doing it at your regional level.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 04:01:44 PM »

Just wondering, would you guys like to have a debate on this matter?
Sure I am open to doing a debate, interviews, whatever.  It is important the people stay up with the issues from people not only on the outside, but those on the inside like myself.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2007, 04:42:23 PM »

The Kyoto Protocol is the first thing to do when trying to take any environmental action. I know you do things on the environment in there, but each plan that has a decent chance to help solve environment problems is voted down. Does the Senate do anything to address global warming, climate change?
With the current senate I think you are sorely out of luck and even if I do not reelection you probably are still out of luck there.  One the senate is one that believes in free market and capitalist ideals, such as a only realistic environmental solutions.  There is also a sizable portion of the senate that is sane enough to not buy into man-made global warming.  I am not sure what exactly you want, Ebowed is trying to get a bill to stop ANWR, but not only does it have little support in the senate, the president is threatening a veto if passed.  It looks if you want strict government controls on the environment you need only need a lot of new senators but a new president at all.  Atlasia has never been a country that tried to pass environmental laws.  I suggest you try doing it at your regional level.

If you look in the past Mideast initiatives, former Gov. PolNut did a great job at doing environmental work at a regional level. He did a lot of important actions on that matter.
Yes, I know the Senate won't do anything about our dying earth as they seem to be interested more by oil drilling in the ANWR and other economic policies. I'm not against economic policies, but they should come with environmental policies, and the Senate is not doing that. I'm definitely decieved that the Senate fails to do any durable, realistic actions on the environment.
Do you have any specific proposals?  It sounds nice in principle to protect the environment, but it sounds like anything you propose will impede on businesses and create further restrictions.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2007, 05:01:18 PM »

The King wishes to see a debate, or a sword duel to the death, whatever the gentlemen prefer.
Virtual sword duels greatly lack in excitement
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2007, 09:06:09 PM »

The Kyoto Protocol is the first thing to do when trying to take any environmental action.

Proven not to work as no European country has done what it was supposed to (they all raised emissions) and continued to whine at the US (Atlasia here) for not ratifying it.

Shhhh.., I need to use that in the debate Smiley

Anyway, I consent to the debate and am fine with Sensei and SPC co-moderating.  I also think anyone who wishes to ask me any further questions can do so by contacting my office via the thread.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2007, 09:24:44 PM »

Will you be sponsoring senate debates as well once redistricting happens?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 09:35:08 PM »

Will you be sponsoring senate debates as well once redistricting happens?

Yes. The National Weekly Atlasian will also be publishing it's endorsements a couple days before the election based on their voting records.
Are you going to weight some votes heavier than others?  I mean there are a lot of bills that were passed unanimously. 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 03:34:13 PM »

I'd like to complain to the NWA since my question was not asked to the candidates.

CONSPIRACY Tongue

In all seriousness, I'd like to again thank the paper for sponsoring the debate
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2007, 11:40:52 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Gporter will be very suprised to know that being from Tennessee, he couldn't even if he wanted to!
I was referring to the Republican primary, which is supposed to be nationwide
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2007, 07:43:14 AM »

In District 2, it is clear that Mr. Moderate is the frontrunner, but this race will most likely have more than one round. While Mr. Moderate is favored to win, there is still a contest over who gets to face off against Mr. Moderate in the final round. Although Ernest, Senator DWTL, and AndrewCT are all tied in this poll, I would guess that AndrewCT will be the one who makes it to the final round, due to the amount of Republicans in District 2.

I wouldn't have guessed so from the outset, but two consecutive polls kinda have shown that AndrewCT is in a great position by default.  (Even though Ernest, DWTL, and myself have all been outworking him.)

It's also pretty ironic, considering that I initially thought it would come down to Ernest and DWTL. Tongue

SPC, all that suggests is what I presumed in the first place, it will come down to myself and Mr. Moderate, I think you need to dig deeper and find out who the Republicans are supporting in the race.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2007, 01:58:40 PM »

I will be participating in the straw poll
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 08:08:22 AM »

I would like to thank the National Weekly Atlasian for their endorsement and I take it as a great honor
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 10:34:06 AM »

An "F" from a paper that's just endorsed Down the Brain Dead Clown? Excellent.
Your jealously of me is a tad uncalled for at times.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 09:22:17 AM »

This paper should be revived
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2008, 10:29:10 AM »

I predict that myself and BaconKing will be re-elected, that Al will be re-elected if he is the only SDP candidate, and the only one of Sensei and Jas will be re-elected
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2008, 08:16:35 PM »

Lief Enters Senate Race
by South Park Conservative

In the December Senate elections, Governor Lief, who was narrowly defeated in a special election to replace CultureKing, has declared his candidacy for Senate. Given his narrow loss, he could have a good chance at winning a Senate seat. In other elections-related news, this author personally knows of another SDP candidate who is considering a senate run. However, due to confidentiality reasons, they shall remain anonymous until I am told otherwise.
Yes, Al is running Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2008, 03:06:40 PM »

LOL at CultureKing losing.  He'll get all the JCP and RPP votes and most likely Torie.  What are there like 3 SDPers? 
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2008, 03:19:19 PM »

We know what happened with the Northeast and the NLC.
Yeah, they still hold the senate seat and did not run a candidate for governor against Lief.  The idea that SDP suddenly has some sort of hold on the Pacfic is laughable.  Running a lot of candidates doesn't make your party important and powerful, winning them does.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2008, 03:25:05 PM »

Regarding the Ben thing, Xahar isn't even good at covering up when he hacks accounts.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 03:46:18 PM »

Even me I have some information on your future plans and I don't hacked anything.

You know, everybody has secret sources.
Except SPC, myself, Duke, and BrandonH were the only people that discussed the possibility of our Fmr. Lt. Gov. making the jump to national politics.  I'm willing to guess that none of us told Xahar
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 07:04:08 PM »

Already if this isnt' enough to prove that Xahar hacked Ben's account, I'd like to know what is.  I hope that BrandonH also files the charges for Xahar hacking his forum
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »

Can we stop with this ridiculous witch hunt already? There's no proof of it, the only people screaming about his guilt are people who already dislike Xahar, and as much as I like Ben and his threads, this does seem like something he might do anyway.
Ridiculous, just because you may have missed the last incident doesn't mean it didn't happen
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies