The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:55:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171483 times)
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

« on: August 26, 2007, 11:21:48 AM »

This is an invitation to a press conference being held by Mideast Gubernatorial candidate HappyWarrior.  I will be open to questions.  I would be pleased if someone could come as representation from you're paper.  Thank you and I hope I see you in attendence.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 07:40:02 PM »

[X]Polnut and Jas
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 09:15:32 AM »

Why is this turning into an anti-Xahar crusade?  Its not as if hes the only person on here who can hack.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 12:24:17 PM »

Thank god we've got this bs out of the way, it was just idiotic all the finger pointing going on in here.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2009, 10:11:16 PM »

Glad to see the Mideast on the side of the RPP Smiley

Not at all.  Plus I don't see how any party has a score over the single digits in the region. We from my view are an extremely non partisan region.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 03:42:29 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2009, 11:07:16 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Where do you get either of those ideas?  The DA is just as active and has just as many capable members as either party.  We have fewer members overall but that can be soon resolved.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 11:19:28 PM »

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Where do you get either of those ideas?  The DA is just as active and has just as many capable members as either party.  We have fewer members overall but that can be soon resolved.

You're constrained on the left by the SDP and constrained on the right by us. Either the DA will move in one direction or the other, but without moving one way or the other it's not likely to become powerful.

The fact is that moderates far outnumber either side and when they realise they will have alot more push with their own party than either of the other two they will be more likely to join us.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:28:02 PM »

Neither does anyone else except RPP partisans.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 12:38:25 AM »

If it was anyone but Afleitch, I'd have no problem. However, because he chose him, I will have to rethink my options.
You've never explained why. I would be intrigued to know Smiley
You badmouthed our party as recently as two days ago and having a ticket made up entirely of a party that includes Hashpipe and HappyWarrior among its ranks is a sickening thought.  Perahps moreso than yourself even is those who you seem to most closely associate with

What'd I ever do to you?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2009, 08:20:36 PM »

We endorsed you with the belief that you supported regional rights and you certainly have not fulfilled that.  You also have not once returned the favor and supported an RPP candidate

No, you actually you did'nt to my knowledge you endorsed Moderate Hero benconstine.  Also I supported Jesus and Meeker in the presidential campaign and I'd support certain RPPers such as meeker, Smid, and MasterJedi, also I'm not sure is PiT a RPPer?  I actually like him too.  Sadly you have not run reasonable candidates in elections I could vote in since the last presidential election other than Inks.  That election was a hard choice for me and in the end it came down to party identity.  However I have supported Inks in many of his endeavors since his election
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 11:03:15 AM »

HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 09:27:42 PM »

^^^

I would have to recommend not writing articles about your own problems. You come off as kinda, sorta ridiculous and only worsen your chances at actually getting the PPT position.
I think its important that people see just how much HW does not understand what the job entails.  The thing that is making so angry about this whole is that we elected a PPT last time with limited commitment and the senate died.  The same thing is repeating itself and no one sees it
DWTL you're problem is that you just see everything as you want to, not as they are.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 09:57:37 PM »

^^^

I would have to recommend not writing articles about your own problems. You come off as kinda, sorta ridiculous and only worsen your chances at actually getting the PPT position.
I think its important that people see just how much HW does not understand what the job entails.  The thing that is making so angry about this whole is that we elected a PPT last time with limited commitment and the senate died.  The same thing is repeating itself and no one sees it
DWTL you're problem is that you just see everything as you want to, not as they are.
You seem to have this problem, not myself.  You are the one unwilling to admit your shortcomings.  You are the one running solely to stop someone from winning.  I truly want to be the PPT and win and it is only fair to the people to see that you truly do not grasp what being the PPT entails or that Al did a horrible job at it.  Hell, even Al admitted that he was a bad PPT, yet you refuse to admit that you were wrong to not support me when I pledged to give the time committment that Al could not.  Is one to assume that you would do exactly what Al did as PPT?

No DWTL, I am only making the obvious point that you show no respect towards others whos ideas differ from your own.  I have been an actve, capable senator since my election and have shown it time and again.  Frankly I fear for the Senate should you be elected because you will act in a highly partisan manner if you are the same as a PPT as you are as a senator.  I admit that Al did poor but I really do doubt whether you would have been the slightest bit better.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 10:51:38 PM »

As usual I agree with Marokai. I fail to see how all this relates in any way to whether either of these candidates hold the qualifications be PPT. Egregious mischaracterizations and provocations for the purpose of eliciting emotional outbursts are simply making this entire contest a joke.

I implore the members of the Senate to take the next 24 or so hours to reconsider their votes, for either candidate, and vote for the member who they believe can serve responsibly in the role, both properly conducting Senate business and maintaining the trust of the Senate.

Everyone, especially those opposing DWTL, really need to back up and take a breath. I'm not defending some of DWTL's comments here, but it's difficult to say you view the position as non-partisan when you're running and "anti-DWTL" candidate.

Is he active? Check. Is he a well known Senator? Check. Does he follow procedure? Check.

Al made a joking jab at SPC in one of the bills he presented and referred to SPC's introductions of legislation after he was elected as a "Spamming session." Who cares about these things? Silly junk like that didn't keep Al from the position.

I wish we could stop pretending this is about "maturity" or "activity" and just admit this is about DWTL personally and his party. For goodness sakes.

But it's not. That you support DWTL and see it that way is one thing. But there are many, many people who oppose DWTL for what they believe are genuine concerns, and on issues that really are more important than "getting personal". Belittling, dismissing or simply denying those concerns does not in any way address them--or convince anyone. You're not raising the dialogue by doing so; you're lowering it.

My concern is that many of those issues members have with DWTL are simply blown out of proportions or based on provocations. I will agree that DWTL is a pretty explosive member, but even worse than his temper is the attempt by others to tap into that temper for their own advantage. It is phrases like "anti-DWTL candidate" that worries me.

Well Purple State just to let you know that is not the sole reason I am running.  I also know myself to be one of the most active Senators(to my knowledge I have never missed a vote and I have also proposed many bills of my own), and also I have always shown myself to be good at what I do.  I believe that I am a person who will be right for the job based on more than just being the "anti-DWTL" candidate.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »

I, for one, think HappyWarrior will make an excellent PPT.

I have confidence in him, and I congratulated him privately. I was mostly concerned about the rhetoric, but I hope we can put the whole affair behind us.

I also hope the campaign can be put behind us for the betterment of Atlasia's future.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »

I applaud this senate for what it has done, which is said enough is enough with angry letters and took some action which other senates was not willing to do.  It doesn't matter what you intended, the message that was sent was clear that European angry letters won't fly anymore

So what happened to you saying I would lead one of the "worst, inactive Senates ever"?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2009, 09:37:13 AM »

I applaud this senate for what it has done, which is said enough is enough with angry letters and took some action which other senates was not willing to do.  It doesn't matter what you intended, the message that was sent was clear that European angry letters won't fly anymore

So what happened to you saying I would lead one of the "worst, inactive Senates ever"?
Your leadership has nothing to do with it.  In fact, you have numerous times messed up rules and asked us to "cut you some slack".

However I have opened and closed votes on time, and those things have been fairly rare.  Most Atlasians besides yourself have been coming and complementing on my strong stewardship.  No one except for you has said anything negative to me directly.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2009, 02:46:55 PM »

I think you are doing a great job as PPT.

I second Afleitch's sentiments. You're doing a fine job as PPT.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 04:40:21 PM »

I also think HW has been a good PPT, although I'm not fond of some his recent votes.

Other than the mideast peace act what do you have a problem with?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 10:16:31 PM »

I also think HW has been a good PPT, although I'm not fond of some his recent votes.

Other than the mideast peace act what do you have a problem with?

As it turns out, I can't find any.  I am, however, extremely displeased by the Mideast "Peace" Act vote.

Well I figured with you being a hard core israel lover you would, however I voted me conscience, nothing more nothing less.  Hopefully that does'nt hurt your opinion of me.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 12:28:04 AM »

I miss this Cry
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2009, 09:59:13 PM »

Alexander Hamilton Enters Uncharted Waters

This week, Atlasian newbie Alexander Hamilton announced his intention to run for lieuteniant governor of the Pacific.  What is so unique about a race that otherwise would seem uninteresting?  Hamilton is the first member of the RPP to ever mount a run for office in the Pacific region.  Due a recent boost in numbers across the nation but also in the Pacific, Hamilton would seem to have a decent shot.  However, long-time powerhouse Atlasian, Ebowed, announced that he is in the race as well.  See as a JCP legend, it would appear Hamilton is certainly facing an uphill battle.  It is also yet to be seen whether or not Lt. Gov. Alcon will stay in the race with Ebowed a declared candidate.

Hamilton's quest to become the first non-JCP candidate to win in the Pacific since Torie won his senate election in June 2008, has been meeted by positive and negative reactions.  He has won the endorsement of his own party, along with nearly every member of the DA, including well-known RPP hater, HappyWarrior.  The only negative reaction seemed to come from released released from prison and a mental institution and perennial election loser Xahar, who claim that since he could not win the Pacific no one could. 

Much is yet to be seen in this race, but it, along with the Midwest governor's race appear to be the most exciting regional elections to be had this month.

SPC how can you allow him to post blatant slander in your reputable newspaper.  I don't have a problem with the RPP, just DWTL.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2009, 11:05:39 PM »

And by the way did anyone else notice DWTL said meeted rather than met?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2009, 11:29:04 PM »

And by the way did anyone else notice DWTL said meeted rather than met?

He is probably dyslexic and shouldn't be made fun of, or he just types really fast and should be more cautious. Yes, he makes a lot of typos but it's still very easy to understand what he is saying, unlike certain Jewish Conservatives.

I just like to bust his balls because hes an arrogant, insensitive ass.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies