The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:42:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171463 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« on: December 07, 2008, 07:08:19 PM »
« edited: December 07, 2008, 07:18:24 PM by The Prince Was Never Raised For Sincerity »

There's an a in my name, not two o's. Tongue

Marokai Blue Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 08:15:37 PM »

Can we stop with this ridiculous witch hunt already? There's no proof of it, the only people screaming about his guilt are people who already dislike Xahar, and as much as I like Ben and his threads, this does seem like something he might do anyway.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 08:21:16 PM »

Can we stop with this ridiculous witch hunt already? There's no proof of it, the only people screaming about his guilt are people who already dislike Xahar, and as much as I like Ben and his threads, this does seem like something he might do anyway.
Ridiculous, just because you may have missed the last incident doesn't mean it didn't happen

Perhaps, But I'm not sure what we can accomplish by pointing fingers like this.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 09:12:57 PM »

Still not seeing what we're accomplishing here.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 09:39:28 PM »

I'm not speaking on behalf of the SDP here, I'm just speaking as a citizen of Atlasia, and all I'm saying is I'm not sure what we can accomplish by repeating ourselves and pointing figures without evidence.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 10:31:30 PM »

This episode serves as a warning to all of us of the dangers of quickness to judgement.

Here here!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 07:12:41 PM »

A victory for the status-quo.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 07:15:51 PM »

^ He's been Governor for like, a month. Tongue

Referring more to Alcon than anyone else Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 07:17:38 PM »

Tempting, but I'll pass for now Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 06:58:47 PM »

The President has my vote.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »

A big thank you to all the zombie voters out there.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 01:50:49 AM »

I crunched the numbers for turnout by party:
9/24 SDPers voted, or 37.5%

SDP's turnout fail.

Tends to. Xahar recruited a lot of people who aren't active at all, and I'm happy that only semi-active/active members of our party voted rather than having the members that do nothing drop by.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2009, 02:45:21 PM »

Forgive me for jumping in here, but I just have a few things to say.

First to Franzl, it's not okay to log into someone's account no matter where they are. A couple of you are acting like this is somehow the RPP's fault and that's a little ridiculous. Whether I agree with their decision to have a private forum or not, there isn't anything wrong with it and anyone logging in one someone elses' account (I'm assuming without their knowledge) with information from a known hacker and someone who has threatened me on a variety of occasions does not have to right to get upset at anyone else. At the heart of this Franzl breached the security of the private RPP board by using information from a hacker to gain access to someone elses' account.

People seem to be acting a little unfairly to the RPP. There's nothing wrong with a moderator taking a few seconds out of his/her day to check the IP of a user. People are being really aggressive with the RPP and it's not really necessary.

I may as well say it, I was the one that revealed the information to the RPP. I knew Xahar had been breaching their security and wanted to show them that I was a trustworthy individual and someone who cared more about the game than party. Upon checking IPs they discovered an unidentified German IP to which we eventually found you holding. There was also an unidentified Canadian IP that I personally suspect to be Earl.

All of this is because of Xahar getting ahold (however he did) of information and spreading it to various people to repeatedly breach the security of the RPP forum. That type of thing is unacceptable and unbecoming of an Attorney General and I would respectfully request that you resign, quite frankly.

And really, the fact that you have such close ties with Xahar, an unstable, immature, paranoid hacker who has directly threatened me and who I suspect to have plans for some sort of government takeover or operation to destroy Atlasia (he's alluded to this several time) bothers me a great deal.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2009, 05:46:13 PM »

Perhaps we'll need a section in our new Constitution permanently banning Xahar? Wink

Mister President, you tease. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »

Purple State, you should have ran for President. Tongue
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 02:20:10 PM »

BrandonH for Attorney General?
by South Park Conservative

Given Franzl's presumptive victory in the nationwide special election, there will be the second vacancy in the Attorney General's office in the Bgwah Adminstration. Given BrandonH's experience as a prior Attorney General, and his being runner-up in the special election, he would seem to be the frontrunner for the position. Other good prospects for the position would include Peter.

AG Brandonh would be a very good thing.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2009, 06:33:51 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2009, 06:38:29 AM by Marokai »

Since there's been some discussion about the office for Attorney General, I'd just like to post what the President has already announced from the White House earlier today. I've been nominated for the position of Attorney General, and I just wanted to take the time to make a statement here, and sort of "pitch" myself to those of you who who may or may not have questions. (Questions I will happily submit myself to in confirmation hearings.)

I have been a tireless advocate for repairing the wiki, as many of you know. Newcomers depend on this source of information and if we're going to retain members in Atlasia we absolutely must maintain it properly. I know I have a lot of work to do on that thing, it's practically in shambles and such basic information is incorrect. This is going to take up a fair amount of my time but I have no doubt in my capability of correcting the information (and encouraging others to join me in the largest effort so far to clean it up.)

Since I started Atlasia I have always kept a close eye on the laws, and before I even made my first post I read a great portion of the wiki. It is why I got such a great interest in this game right away, and why I have such a passion for making sure the wiki is reliable. I have studied and observed a great deal of legal proceedings and understand fully the responsibilities of the job I have been nominated to take.

I want to assure you that I'm nothing like the last Social Democratic AG. I have worked with the Regional Protection Party in alerting them of their security breaches and was among the first Franzl for AG supporters. I have a good relationship with many people in Atlasia, and these friendships, along with my determination and activity, I'm sure will make me a successful AG if I am confirmed.

I'd like to compliment Franzl for his exemplary work as AG thusfar. He came into office with alot of work on his plate, repairing the wiki, various legal crises, and has handled his responsibilities well. I only hope to be half as good as you have been, Franzl. Smiley

I would also like to thank Senator PiT for his fantastic work in keeping up the Wiki, your efforts will continue, I hope. Smiley

You're welcome to ask me questions though I would prefer the Senators and Senator-elect to hold their questions until the hearing.

Thank you.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »

I'm very glad to hear all the support, thank you all. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »

I will almost certainly vote to confirm you. If Brandon wasn't running, you would have been my first preference.

That means a lot to me, thank you. Smiley
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 09:58:46 PM »

Everyone, especially those opposing DWTL, really need to back up and take a breath. I'm not defending some of DWTL's comments here, but it's difficult to say you view the position as non-partisan when you're running and "anti-DWTL" candidate.

Is he active? Check. Is he a well known Senator? Check. Does he follow procedure? Check.

Al made a joking jab at SPC in one of the bills he presented and referred to SPC's introductions of legislation after he was elected as a "Spamming session." Who cares about these things? Silly junk like that didn't keep Al from the position.

I wish we could stop pretending this is about "maturity" or "activity" and just admit this is about DWTL personally and his party. For goodness sakes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2009, 06:47:28 AM »

As usual I agree with Marokai. I fail to see how all this relates in any way to whether either of these candidates hold the qualifications be PPT. Egregious mischaracterizations and provocations for the purpose of eliciting emotional outbursts are simply making this entire contest a joke.

I implore the members of the Senate to take the next 24 or so hours to reconsider their votes, for either candidate, and vote for the member who they believe can serve responsibly in the role, both properly conducting Senate business and maintaining the trust of the Senate.

I urge the same. I hope the Senators make this decision clear-headed.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2009, 05:30:20 PM »

One person (you) = many?

mkay

SPC runs one of the finest journalistic institutions in Atlasia; I'd hate for DWDL to ruin its reputation by turning it into his poorly-written propaganda outlet.

As opposed to Al's "parody" paper that is just an excuse to be a jackass to anyone he doesn't like?

mKay.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2009, 05:51:15 PM »

One person (you) = many?

mkay

SPC runs one of the finest journalistic institutions in Atlasia; I'd hate for DWDL to ruin its reputation by turning it into his poorly-written propaganda outlet.

As opposed to Al's "parody" paper that is just an excuse to be a jackass to anyone he doesn't like?

mKay.

Al's paper doesn't pretend to be much more than that.

I'm just saying it's a little unfair to attack DWTL for using his position at the National Weekly Atlasian to talk about his own issues and his opponents when Al runs a tabloid-esque paper half-jokingly insulting everyone.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2009, 05:51:37 PM »

That being said I wish Al had never left the Senate, since he seems fairly active still.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2009, 09:59:32 PM »

I, for one, think HappyWarrior will make an excellent PPT.

I have confidence in him, and I congratulated him privately. I was mostly concerned about the rhetoric, but I hope we can put the whole affair behind us.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies