The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:23:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171467 times)
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: January 12, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:15:56 PM »

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Where do you get either of those ideas?  The DA is just as active and has just as many capable members as either party.  We have fewer members overall but that can be soon resolved.

You're constrained on the left by the SDP and constrained on the right by us. Either the DA will move in one direction or the other, but without moving one way or the other it's not likely to become powerful.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »

I am considering contesting the Northeast Senate seat in February.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 06:46:47 AM »

I am considering contesting the Northeast Senate seat in February.
I've been busy and haven't gotten around to discussing this with you, but it would be a travesty if you did not.

Agreed. He has my support wholeheartedly if he decides to persue such an endeavour this February.

Thank you both for your support. I haven't made up my mind, but I am probably leaning towards running. I want to talk it over with a couple of people before making a final decision. I am quite concerned about the lack of activity in the Northeast and I want to make sure that we have a good Gov/Lt Gov team in place for the election.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2009, 10:53:23 PM by Smid »

If it was anyone but Afleitch, I'd have no problem. However, because he chose him, I will have to rethink my options.

You've never explained why. I would be intrigued to know Smiley

Check out two days ago when you sympathized with Ogis when we told him to get out of our party. I'm sorry, but we have never treated anyone unfairly. You and other's hatred of our party is purely based on our so called ideological differences.

If I need to quote the post for you, I certainly will.

one flaw with the party thing is. You can't kick someone out of your party. If they sign up for the party and want to stay in it, there is nothing you can do. Othewise your post would be completly right.

There is precedent for the SoFA allowing parties to boot members. I could look for the post where I saw it if anybody's interested.

could you please.

lov ya.

Now here's a story for the National Weekly (if it wants to go down the path of trashy tabloids)! I can see the headlines now:

Is this the rekindling of an old flame? PiT and DC United's hot-cold relationship heats up.

Oh, and the real reason I was going to post...

In the late 90's, a Queensland MP was convicted of paedophilia. When he was accused (but before he was convicted) the Premier expelled him from the caucus and refused to count his vote on matters of confidence.

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/stories/s94507.htm
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 10:55:47 PM »

he was doing me a favor i say that to a lot of ppl.

I realised that - I was just joking around. I saw the opportunity to insert some humour and I took it (although I don't know if it should count as humour when it was clearly unfunny).
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 11:03:35 PM »

he was doing me a favor i say that to a lot of ppl.

I realised that - I was just joking around. I saw the opportunity to insert some humour and I took it (although I don't know if it should count as humour when it was clearly unfunny).
it is ok. it was funny.

Smiley I was trying to poke as much fun at those trashy magazines and "news"papers as at you guys.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 10:16:31 AM »
« Edited: February 24, 2009, 10:20:25 AM by Smid »

As a member of the RPP and a participant on the private RPP forum, I feel a little betrayed by your actions. You're not a crook, though. Discussing it in the open here is probably not the best way to proceed, however - we'll go around in circles for a while and everyone will get annoyed at everyone else but we won't actually resolve things. I have always respected you and if you say you didn't use the information for political benefit nor malicious intent and that you've only accessed it a couple of times and then not again, I'm inclined to believe you until I see any evidence to the contrary.

I'm a little disappointed, but I'll get over it pretty quick. It's not my private forum, however, nor is it my party alone, so I think you and Duke and Jedi and Rowan should talk it out by yourselves.

May I also just add, Franzl, that the timing is purely coincidental. I can only offer you my word on that, but it was only a couple of days ago that a member of the party discussed with me that they had heard from someone something that suggested the integrity of the private site had been breached. You weren't suspected, the discussion I had with that party member was speculating that it may have been someone else (who was named in our discussion, but I guarantee was not you). This led to an investigation of IP addresses accessing the Forum. By the following day, it had been confirmed that one particular user appeared to have had their account accessed by someone who was not them. That was realised only a couple of days ago and I assure you of that. It was only a couple of hours ago when I logged on there this evening that I saw the evidence that it had been your IP address that had accessed the site and I was still sceptical until I saw you confirm it on here. Until then, I was willing to believe that perhaps someone had also been hacking your account.

So when the guys say that this timing had nothing to do with your campaign, you don't have to believe them, but I give you my personal word that that's the case.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 10:23:13 AM »

Marokai,

I think you have been an active member of Atlasia and that your participation should be rewarded. It is my firm belief that you will make an excellent Attorney-General and for what it's worth, I will be supporting your confirmation in the Senate.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »

Partisan Makup of the ConCon (Pacific and Midwest included in parentheses):
DA 6
RPP 5 (6)
JCP 0 (3)
SDP 1 (3)
Other 0 (2)

A very broad partisan composition, which I believe will lead to a better result, however it must be remembered that the ConCon is about improving the gameplay and doesn't have a partisan application. I am pleased to see the diversity of the individuals who are likely to comprise the ConCon, there is a good mix of experience and newer players.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 09:27:56 PM »

SPC i think you forgot GPORTER is running for prez.

That.

And loving how you post your own speculative candidacy for a seat. Can we consider that as good as a declaration?
every one knows i am his vp.Tongue

He's referring to the Senator for the Mideast position, which lists "fmr Sen SPC" as a speculative candidate... note that the post was written by SPC. He's suggesting that SPC has effectively declared by putting that up. Of course, he could just be repeating what some of us have heard around the traps - that he's being talked about, not that he's necessarily declared.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies