The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:30:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171487 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: January 13, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Who says DA candidates can't win elections?

kind of funny considering every single member of our party holds an office....some elected, some appointed.

But most got those positions before the DA was formed. Except for you but the DA had little to do with your ascension to office.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 10:40:41 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

However it is more likely that in future, the chief battle will be between the SDP and the RPP - former NLCers have a greater future within the RPP.

Who says DA candidates can't win elections?

kind of funny considering every single member of our party holds an office....some elected, some appointed.

But most got those positions before the DA was formed. Except for you but the DA had little to do with your ascension to office.

So? Joining the DA makes you much less electable?

I don't think party affiliation matter a whole much, either.

I don't recall saying that. I do recall saying that it was too early to tell of the success of the DA. Yes they have many offices but lets see how they stand up in another election or two.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 06:06:50 PM »

Interesting strategy, it seems like Andrew is making a statement that he can without the support of the RPP.  A calculated risk, will it pay off?

My question is that will the RPP split its vote between Andrew and Bgwah? Right now I am slightly leaning towards the later but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the former. From what you have said and what I have gathered both a pretty good on regional rights. Of course there is a chance that someone might run that is a member of the RPP and that would change everything. Has Gov Duke ruled out a run yet, I have heard his name mentioned?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 06:23:43 PM »

Interesting strategy, it seems like Andrew is making a statement that he can without the support of the RPP.  A calculated risk, will it pay off?

My question is that will the RPP split its vote between Andrew and Bgwah? Right now I am slightly leaning towards the later but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the former. From what you have said and what I have gathered both a pretty good on regional rights. Of course there is a chance that someone might run that is a member of the RPP and that would change everything. Has Gov Duke ruled out a run yet, I have heard his name mentioned?

Duke has pledged that he wouldn't run if Bgwah ran. I doubt the RPP will split its vote now.

I had thought so I just wanted to make sure. As I said I am leaning towards Bgwah right now.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 12:19:54 PM »

Sad fact then when people lose elections they tend to go innactive. It really is a shame I really like SPC. MAybe he will comback.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2009, 06:03:45 PM »

BUMP

The NWA needs to come back, SPC is active now and I'll return as a guest contributor

It sure does, can't let Vepres have a monopoly for ever.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »

BUMP

The NWA needs to come back, SPC is active now and I'll return as a guest contributor

I'm fine with Vepres's monopoly. I mean, I can't really complain when I can pull off back-to-back headlines, now can I? Wink

Monopolies lead to poor quality while competition improves it. Now do you want your back to back headlines to be done poorly?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »

BUMP

I'm fine with Vepres's monopoly. I mean, I can't really complain when I can pull off back-to-back headlines, now can I? Wink

Monopolies lead to poor quality while competition improves it. Now do you want your back to back headlines to be done poorly?

I have no complaints how they were done. Tongue But hey, maybe I can get double-headlined between both of the papers. That would be a fun feat as well. Go for it NWA! Let the price-gouging begin!

I thought competition reduced prices? Huh
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 07:03:42 PM »

BUMP

I have no complaints how they were done. Tongue But hey, maybe I can get double-headlined between both of the papers. That would be a fun feat as well. Go for it NWA! Let the price-gouging begin!

I thought competition reduced prices? Huh

Ah, I believe I totally misposted there. Indeed, let the price-undercutting begin. Wink

As a player of Railroad Tycoon II, I believe that it is called either a Rate-War or a Price-War.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2009, 10:47:56 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2009, 10:49:35 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Breaking news: SPC is counting invalid ballots in his count.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 10:53:17 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2009, 10:56:23 PM by Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Then please enlighten me where you are getting 21 from, I have 22 for DWTL and 12 for Fritz. Why is Cinyc's vote invalid? I though it was just JJ's.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 05:02:18 PM »

How would you rate more racist than Stark candidate Alexander Hamilton's chances? He's getting a lot of preferences from RPP members.

Your being Mexican makes me want to be not Mexican.

That isn't a racist comment. Anyways... How can i be racist if im a mexican?

Your a self hateing mexican.

Wow! A Mexican standoff. Tongue

Just because you are a minority, doesn't mean you have the right to put down a whole race of people, African Americans, and still not be a racist. If you put down any race you are a racist pure and simple.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 08:03:06 PM »

I'm flattered people think I'm going to be elected, but I take nothing for granted.

It would, unfortunately, take a miracle to remove you from the Senate chamber based on the numbers.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 08:41:19 PM »

I'm flattered people think I'm going to be elected, but I take nothing for granted.

It would, unfortunately, take a miracle to remove you from the Senate chamber based on the numbers.

You underestimate my ability to alienate dozens of people. Tongue

Anything I can do to "help"? Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 05:35:21 PM »

You underestimate my ability to alienate dozens of people. Tongue

Anything I can do to "help"? Tongue

Now now, I know you like me. Tongue

Yes but only on days of the week that don't end in "Y". Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:59 PM »

Yes but only on days of the week that don't end in "Y". Tongue

One of those Christmas/Easter only types, eh?

I knew that one would be a conversation item.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 01:47:35 PM »

Taking up a bit of financial writing here, lets see how it pans out. I hope I don't so too much like the Roubini of Atlasia.

Stocks Overpriced, ANSE could drop to 800 or below.
                                                      by NC Yankee

Many have commented that the recession may be ending or nearing its end. While we all hope this is the case, especially after spending over a $1 Trillion on a stimulus package, it doesn't appear to be the occuring. The underlying factors show that things are bad and getting worse, retail is showing heavy losses, Home prices continue plummet unabatted, the Libor-OIS spread has reached critically high levels, and lastly it appears oil will hit at least $100 or more on concerns about about Colombia and Venezuela.

Credit markets are very tight and getting worse speeding up job shedding and deleveraging. What does this mean if you are an investor or anybody in Atlasia for that matter. It means don't be tempted by low stock prices. Stocks have lost only 9% in the last month and the details show no signs of a turn in anything. Stocks could drop at least another 16% over the next few months. The fact that the Senate has moved rather slowly up untill now on a credit bill introduced by yours truly and has moved on any other measures that will have a substantial effect on the real problem, credit, this constitutes a poke the nuke approach to the economy. Eventually it blows up once investors get tired of playing games. The GM has been warning for days that the Senate was grating on the markets and the Senate at large didn't even realise it till just now. Now my main objective is not to attack the Senate's actions, my main goal here is to warn of a potential crisis. If a crash occurs, you know who called it. I hope to Liep I am wrong.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 07:52:11 PM »

Oil Set to Crash and Why its a Good Thing Going Forward
                        by North Carolina Yankee,
                        Former CEO of Moon Trust Financial

For those supposedly savy financial wizards who proclaimed Oil and other commodities to be a safe haven from the stocks, the financial writer who predicted an 800 ANSE, would like to bring you a reality check. Demand is in free fall right now cause the recession is continuing despite massive expenditures by the Senate, Treasury and Fed to reverse course. This means that demand in Atlasia and Europe for Crude and Natural Gas just isn't there to support $100 a barrel oil. Even the raucous in Colombia won't change that, nor will it change the seasonal effect of fall and winter on oil and gas prices. If your in Commodities, get out while you still can. Though the GM hasn't said as much, I'll bet that if you asked him the condition of oil stock piles and oil demand, he would tell you that stockpiles are reaching record highs and demand for oil like demand for other things is currently in free fall. Even if its stagnant and not falling we could be looking at $75 a barrel by December and that’s a conservative estimate. My prediction is worst case scenario $50 for oil and $2.50 for 1,000 cubic feet of Nat Gas.

Don't fret about a low price for oil, it will only be a good thing. Cause at some point low prices, low interest rates and energy costs will entice both consumer spending and corporate investment back in to the market and begin us on the path to recovery. A big part of the reason why the economy is continuing to decline has been the summer run-up in oil fuel by speculation, Colombia, and just further speculation because of it. As well as the flight from Stocks.

My belief is a recovery could begin early to mid next year with employment growth by the end of next year. Of course this is predicated on there being no more problems in the financial sector. Libor-OIS has to crash to below 25 by the end of this year from almost 300 to allow this to happen.

The NWA is not responsible financially or legally for any financial loss incured do to decisions made based on the op-ed's of NC Yankee.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2009, 11:59:21 PM »

Because everybody wants to contact there buddies and catch up. I have sent many PM's and maybe 5 were not related in some way to politics.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 08:52:26 AM »

Hamilton: Will you fight for the retainment of regional Senate seats if elected?

Barnes: I will fight for continued regional representation.

Why.

Barnes just earned the second preferences of almost everyone in the PCP if he truly means that he supports Regional Senate seats.

Just a quick note, Hamilton, unless SPC has given you permission, your hijacking of his newspaper's HQ is unethical.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 02:52:23 PM »

I would also like to thank Hamilton for his enlightened vote on the subject.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 10:15:07 PM »

More Hilarious Hamilton News

In this installment, Hamilton expects to have 2 senators and 25+ members by the end of the year, or so says new minion SoIA NiK.  He also expects 4 JCP voters to switch over to his side in the race against Hashemite.

The NWA and RPP endorses anybody but Hamilton in the Northeast election

I am going have to give you a warning for attacking NiK. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »

I request an interview.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »

BREAKING NEWS: THREE PROMINENT GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS HAVE BEEN ARRESTED FOR TRESPASSING IN THE CHAMBER OF THE CURRENTLY RECESSED SENATE!!!!

The three perpetrators, Game Moderator Purple State(DA-VA), Senator Tmthforu94(DA-IN), and Senator-elect Badger(JCP-OH) could not be reached for questioning.

This story is currently developing. We will bring you more details as they develop.

for the lulz mostly, I am posting this. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 12:46:22 AM »

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!!!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies