The National Weekly Atlasian (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:17:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 171452 times)
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: January 12, 2009, 04:01:36 PM »

The NLC is still the biggest party in the Northeast? Wonder how long that'll last.

The NLC's policies fit comfortably within the moderate wing of the RPP. As Northeast Chair of the RPP, I am happy to talk to any discouraged NLCers who might be thinking of joining another party.

But the NLC's policies overall fit much better with the DA and therefore would be a better fit for our party.  Former NLCers now is the time!  Jump on the DA bandwagon!

Hear Hear!

And get involved as we craft our party in the DA Convention here.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 03:43:51 PM »

BREAKING NEWS

It has been leaked to the National Weekly Atlasian by an unnamed source that President Bgwah will not seek re-election, and that Southeast Governor AHDuke will run for president. Both will make an official announcement on Tuesday, and it appears likely that Senator BaconKing is the frontrunner to be his running mate.

So much for that. Thou source hath betrayed thee.

Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 03:37:30 PM »

Now, calculate the % of total voters that are zombie/inactive voters. The number will be staggering, methinks.
What is the definition of a zombie/inactive voter?

I would classify them as those who serve no active role in Atlasia, whether it be elected office, party politics, or just plain old general and constructive discussion. If you're last constructive appearance in Atlasia was the last election when you voted, you are a zombie voter.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 09:10:26 AM »

Attorney General Identified in Hacking Ring
by Governor Duke of the Dirty South

The web of corruption that has plagued Atlasia in recent months got a little bit thicker, when sources within the Atlas moderator team and RPP forum team confirmed that IP addresses matching those of Attorney General Franzl were logged illegally accessing an account on the forum. This news come on the heels of former Attorney General Xahar's one year ban from the game for being indicted in the same activities. It is unknown whether Mr. Franzl is working with Mr. Xahar in receiving account information, but sources tell us that he and several others are involved and continue to engage in the unauthorized access of both RPP and Atlas forum accounts. It is unclear whether this will effect Mr. Franzl's senate run or not. More on this story as we receive more information.

Was that real or just  swipe?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 09:35:22 AM »

Attorney General Identified in Hacking Ring
by Governor Duke of the Dirty South

The web of corruption that has plagued Atlasia in recent months got a little bit thicker, when sources within the Atlas moderator team and RPP forum team confirmed that IP addresses matching those of Attorney General Franzl were logged illegally accessing an account on the forum. This news come on the heels of former Attorney General Xahar's one year ban from the game for being indicted in the same activities. It is unknown whether Mr. Franzl is working with Mr. Xahar in receiving account information, but sources tell us that he and several others are involved and continue to engage in the unauthorized access of both RPP and Atlas forum accounts. It is unclear whether this will effect Mr. Franzl's senate run or not. More on this story as we receive more information.

Was that real or just  swipe?

Please go to my campaign thread for further clarification.

Neat trick to get me to your campaign. Wink

I would like to say as a moderator that there has been (until, like, a few minutes ago; and by me as well) no mention of anything like this on the moderator board.

People are free to read into that whatever they like.

That's because I only confirmed it last night and had more important things to do (college hw) than to post anything about it right away. I just left it to those that found out about it in the first place.

Can we get a clarification then? That was quite a load to leak without some form of confirmation.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 12:01:29 PM »

Why is a RPP forum provided? That seems to both favor one party over others while reducing transparency in Atlasia. What is the history behind this?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 12:31:24 PM »

Why is a RPP forum provided? That seems to both favor one party over others while reducing transparency in Atlasia. What is the history behind this?

The RPP has their own forum on Brandon's personal server off this site. We use it for party organization. We do not use it for malicious plotting to overthrow anything. These rumors have been started by Xahar, among others, and have a lot to do with our avatar colors. It has become Xahar's life to hack into it. This practice is not new, however. Parties in the past have had their own forums. Some may dislike it, but it gives them absolutely no right to hack into it. There is nothing forbidding such things in Atlasia.

Oh, so it's like a personal website you guys made? A separate forum completely? Then there is nothing unfair or opaque about that. My apologies.

I would only voice caution on the use of RPP members who are moderators on this forum from using their powers in the way MasterJedi has. What franzl did was clearly wrong, but MasterJedi has misused his power as a moderator in a clearly inappropriate fashion. Being a moderator should mean upholding the rules, but also holding oneself to higher standards. This episode is an embarrassment on all levels and I would hope that all parties could acknowledge such.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 02:37:17 PM »

I'm not divulging IP addresses at all, I'm just confirming if it's a certain person trying to get in to the site. If it isn't I don't go and tell them the IP address at all. Either way they find out the IP addressed on the RPP forum and I confirm. I'm not giving out IP addresses at all.

I didn't say you are handing them out willy nilly. But you certainly abused your powers as a mod on the Atlas forum to do a favor for someone on a different forum. That is unacceptable and a massive failure of judgment. What franzl did is no better, but you should be more careful about using your status as a mod and certainly must be willing to recognize the error of your actions.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »

One other quick thing, if you don't like how this happened you also shouldn't like how we got Xahar because all the info started with the RPP forum and Brandon provided most of the info that eventually led to us confirming what happened there and on this forum. All in the same manner that this was found out.
Yes. That was quite beyond several red lines as well.

Agreed completely.

While I think Xahar is one of the largest threats we face in Atlasia, unethical or unlawful activity for the purposes of helping the game will only hurt us in the long run. Let me quote from our Constitution:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This may feel like a lesson on constitutional law, but that's what this debate is about. If there was reasonable certainty that Franzl was the perpetrator from the start then I would have been able to understand MasterJedi's actions, as the Constitution stipulates that if "probable cause" is met it is within the community's right to hold the accused responsible. However, to search an IP in the hopes of catching whomever it belonged to is far and above what is correct in this matter.

To address Marokai's worries that anyone is beating up on the RPP, I have no grudge against the RPP, their forum, or any of their activities. There are a number of ideas on which we agree in a meaningful way. However, individual things have been done that I believe are doubtful in their intent and constitutionality. As such, I condemn those actions, rather than the party as a whole.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

Purple State, you should have ran for President. Tongue

Maybe next time. Wink But I can't compete with that "get out the zombie vote" campaign.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 11:07:57 PM »

In the end it really came down to the arrogance you showed toward assuming you had this job.
I'm sorry that I assumed that giving my party line to you over another qualified candidate, dead0man, was certainly enough for a PPT vote.  I still don't see the problem with arrogance, this is nothing more than a game.  This is like getting mad at WRs who do excessive TD celebrations

Isn't part of the game knowing how to get people to like you? You need to learn how to push the right buttons at the right time. Otherwise you just won't play the game well.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 07:55:19 PM »

whoa people need to cool down.

DWTL,
What will you do since you lost PPT race?

Yeah, DC you need to stop posting like an imbecile. There are still two votes to be cast.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »

^^^

I would have to recommend not writing articles about your own problems. You come off as kinda, sorta ridiculous and only worsen your chances at actually getting the PPT position.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 09:41:44 PM »

^^^

I would have to recommend not writing articles about your own problems. You come off as kinda, sorta ridiculous and only worsen your chances at actually getting the PPT position.
I think its important that people see just how much HW does not understand what the job entails.  The thing that is making so angry about this whole is that we elected a PPT last time with limited commitment and the senate died.  The same thing is repeating itself and no one sees it

Understood, but you are only hurting your case with such public acts. I would just recommend against these kind of things in the future. For your sake.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 10:32:16 PM »

As usual I agree with Marokai. I fail to see how all this relates in any way to whether either of these candidates hold the qualifications be PPT. Egregious mischaracterizations and provocations for the purpose of eliciting emotional outbursts are simply making this entire contest a joke.

I implore the members of the Senate to take the next 24 or so hours to reconsider their votes, for either candidate, and vote for the member who they believe can serve responsibly in the role, both properly conducting Senate business and maintaining the trust of the Senate.

Everyone, especially those opposing DWTL, really need to back up and take a breath. I'm not defending some of DWTL's comments here, but it's difficult to say you view the position as non-partisan when you're running and "anti-DWTL" candidate.

Is he active? Check. Is he a well known Senator? Check. Does he follow procedure? Check.

Al made a joking jab at SPC in one of the bills he presented and referred to SPC's introductions of legislation after he was elected as a "Spamming session." Who cares about these things? Silly junk like that didn't keep Al from the position.

I wish we could stop pretending this is about "maturity" or "activity" and just admit this is about DWTL personally and his party. For goodness sakes.

But it's not. That you support DWTL and see it that way is one thing. But there are many, many people who oppose DWTL for what they believe are genuine concerns, and on issues that really are more important than "getting personal". Belittling, dismissing or simply denying those concerns does not in any way address them--or convince anyone. You're not raising the dialogue by doing so; you're lowering it.

My concern is that many of those issues members have with DWTL are simply blown out of proportions or based on provocations. I will agree that DWTL is a pretty explosive member, but even worse than his temper is the attempt by others to tap into that temper for their own advantage. It is phrases like "anti-DWTL candidate" that worries me.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »

^^^

I understand that and have been keeping track of all of what's been said since this whole PPT skirmish began. However, while you may have had other, highly rational reasons for running, I find it pretty revealing that you chose to announce your candidacy on that "anti-DWTL" phrase. You listed nothing else in that initial post and I find it disheartening.

I have resolved to remain impartial in this debate and do hope that no matter who wins they will run the Senate responsibly. It shoud just be noted that, in the future, candidates should be more considerate in the way they frame their actions. We look for civility, not hostility, and these boundaries have been left on the wayside by both sides of this.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 07:00:23 PM »

I don't think this election meant the death of either the hard right or left, but rather a rise of the center. The two leading voices of the extreme ends of the spectrum, Lief and SPC, were defeated while Afleitch and I joined the ranks of the Senate.

The RPP and SDP/JCP (or whatever rises from the ashes of the SDP) will surely play a large role in coming elections and in spurring policy initiatives; however, the DA's big-tent philosophy of practical governance and moderate ideology have won the day for now. This was my no means a referendum against the left or right, but was certainly a call for more pragmatic government and increased compromise.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »

SPC i think you forgot GPORTER is running for prez.

That.

And loving how you post your own speculative candidacy for a seat. Can we consider that as good as a declaration?
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »

BUMP

The NWA needs to come back, SPC is active now and I'll return as a guest contributor

It sure does, can't let Vepres have a monopoly for ever.

I'm fine with Vepres's monopoly. I mean, I can't really complain when I can pull off back-to-back headlines, now can I? Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 06:11:54 PM »

BUMP

The NWA needs to come back, SPC is active now and I'll return as a guest contributor

I'm fine with Vepres's monopoly. I mean, I can't really complain when I can pull off back-to-back headlines, now can I? Wink

Monopolies lead to poor quality while competition improves it. Now do you want your back to back headlines to be done poorly?

I have no complaints how they were done. Tongue But hey, maybe I can get double-headlined between both of the papers. That would be a fun feat as well. Go for it NWA! Let the price-gouging begin!
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 06:30:17 PM »

BUMP

Monopolies lead to poor quality while competition improves it. Now do you want your back to back headlines to be done poorly?

I have no complaints how they were done. Tongue But hey, maybe I can get double-headlined between both of the papers. That would be a fun feat as well. Go for it NWA! Let the price-gouging begin!

I thought competition reduced prices? Huh

Ah, I believe I totally misposted there. Indeed, let the price-undercutting begin. Wink
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »

Weekly Poll

SurveyAtlasia has already asked who you wish to vote for in the upcoming special election, but the NWA wants to know who do you think will win?

DWTL? Fritz? KyleGordon? Catmusic? Sewer?

Catmusic obv.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »

I've declared SPC.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2009, 10:46:27 PM »

I think it's a little early to say that the JCP will have two holds. While I certainly hope that's the case (as both a member of the party and a strong supporter of Marokai and Fritz), and do think that we can do it, you really never know with these elections. I'd put it at 1 DA, 1 RPP, 1 JCP, 2 toss-ups, myself.
For that matter can you really count a party that had 9 voters in the special elections and is running 3 candidates to have a lock at all?  Certainly I will do my best to push either PurpleState, Franzl, or both across the finish line, but nothing is a guarantee.  I may actually be willling to switch RPP first prefs to voting for one of the two because it would be a travesty to see Afleitch as the DA member that is elected

Hmmm...is Afleitch a DAINO?  Cheesy

We certainly like afleitch in our ranks.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 10:54:45 PM »

Is this something like the NRA? Is the NWA now picking sides on bills? I imagine you will be announcing which bills you will be scoring in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies