Roy Moore 2004 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:51:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Roy Moore 2004 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Roy Moore 2004  (Read 29723 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« on: February 11, 2004, 12:00:37 PM »

My understanding was always that you should “hate the sin and love the sinner” that’s always been the teaching of the churches I’ve regularly attended…

When Jesus drove the money lenders from the Temple he was attacking the poisoning of the sacred ground and the corruption of the Jewish hierarchy of the time not the people personally…

It has always been my impression that God hates the wickedness or the evil committed by people but not the people as he always offers the prospect of salvation… I do not think god could be considered to hate anything as is not hate and all destructive emotions identified with the devil who is the antithesis of God… but its been a while since I studied theology and I’m a bit rusty… still regularly read into philosophy though…

Disclaimer: I’m a Catholic by the way so that might colure my views here…however in terms of church teaching I’m liberal on some issues (married clergy, the notion of original sin, etc…) and conservative on other issues (some social issues, would prefer to see the Latin mass restored, very much an absolute believer in transubstantiation)… well there you go…
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 12:07:44 PM »
« Edited: February 13, 2004, 12:16:30 PM by Ben »

MOORE IN 04!!!

Sorry…getting a bit carried away…its just so dame catchy I could vote for the guy…wow I could be a moore democrat!

Now seriously… if Moore ran what kind of resources would he have? I would guess that he might well get the same if not more media coverage than Nader in 2000 and would that help? What sort of percentage of the vote could he get? Nationwide? I assume he would perform best in the “Bible belt” so Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas… perhaps 10-15% of the vote in these states (would that really make a difference)… in terms of marginal states I would have thought that he could siphon off a noticeable percentage of Bush’s votes (say 3-6%) in West Virginia, Florida, Arkansas (perhaps more there)… I really will have to research this and get back to the thread to see if he could do well… but from what I know a present I would say the guy could do very well for a 3rd Party in the South and mean over the entire region an average of say 8-10% (?) nationwide…hum perhaps 3-6% (?) could get the constitution party some much needed federal funding…could be interesting…      

PS; How do you paste pictures on the message board?  

Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2004, 01:59:18 PM »

At the moment from what I hear it looks like Nader might run... so in the interests of fairness and as a proud "Democrat for Moore" I say that we need the moral forthrightness and clarity of vision that only Roy Moore can give us in these troubeled times…

Sorry I’ll have to take this more seriously….

Could the constitution Party and the Reform Party agree to some kind of alliance for this contest? I mean both have some polices in common and an alliance would seem like a good idea with a combination of social and fiscal conservatism well I bet they could gain 3-6% nationwide… I bet Moore would get the same if not more air time than Nader in 2000 partly because in 2000 Buchanan had been around for the best part of a decade while despite the fact Nader ran in 1996 he was seen as new news.. added to this Moore is a bit of a character… If he has a huge ego or alternatively is deeply committed to his beliefs (and may I say that almost without exception I don’t agree with him on every thing) he’ll go for it… however my hunch is that he’s scaring the national republican party and keeping his name recognition high so that he can make a run for the Governorship in Alabama…  

PS; Still having trouble with this pasting of images…              
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies