Georgia Supreme Court Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:23:45 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Georgia Supreme Court Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Author Topic: Georgia Supreme Court Election  (Read 4915 times)
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2024, 08:42:51 PM »

This almost looks like an early 2000s election in GA. Fulton is blue but not as blue as today, the rurals are red, but not as red as today, while the key is the ATL suburbs, which are red, unlike today. End result is a low double-digit victory for the GOP.

Yes it’s truly amazing .

Low Taxes Strong Military Pro Life
Vice President Christian Man
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -2.26

P P P

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2024, 09:52:46 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2024, 10:50:46 PM by Vice President Christian Man »

SC elections aren't usually federally aligned, but the results seem to line up with recent Georgia polling so if this holds up this wouldn't be a good sign for Biden. Losing Clayton, Cobb, and Gwinnett are among the most surprising developments. While this is an exaggerated scenario, it also hints that the Dems may do as well if not better with whites while doing worse with everyone else.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2024, 09:54:13 PM »

Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2024, 09:54:50 PM »

A lesson for you all in the importance of early voting:

I have COVID and didn't early vote :/
I hope you feel better
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2024, 09:57:41 PM »

SC elections aren't usually federally aligned, but the results seem to line up with recent Georgia polling so if this holds up this wouldn't be a good sign for Biden. Losing Clayton, Cobb, and Gwinnett are among the most surprising developments.

No they don’t.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2024, 09:59:09 PM »

SC elections aren't usually federally aligned, but the results seem to line up with recent Georgia polling so if this holds up this wouldn't be a good sign for Biden. Losing Clayton, Cobb, and Gwinnett are among the most surprising developments.

No they don’t.
The most recent polling I saw had Trump up by 9 and that was the final result of this race. I doubt it'll be this exact map, I'd be shocked if Biden loses metro Atlanta or gets <65% in Fulton, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lost ground in the black belt.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2024, 10:00:10 PM »

No they don’t.
The most recent polling I saw had Trump up by 9 and that was the final result of this race. I doubt it'll be this exact map, I'd be shocked if Biden loses metro Atlanta or gets <60 in Fulton, but I wouldn't be surprised if he lost ground in the black belt.

Oh you meant margins. I doubt Trump wins GA by 9.
Christian Man
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2024, 10:08:01 PM »

Clayton County: Biden+70, Pinson+2. And I thought that the KY 2023 election results were weird.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2024, 10:19:58 PM »

These coalitions are just wild.Atlanta burbs basically voting how they did before the big black population increase- Henry and Rockdale a good example. Yet Forsyth Barrow gets 38%. Don’t pretend this means anything for November- it won’t.
Arizona Iced Tea
Minute Maid Juice
Junior Chimp

« Reply #209 on: May 21, 2024, 10:21:56 PM »

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2024, 12:47:38 AM »

These coalitions are just wild.Atlanta burbs basically voting how they did before the big black population increase- Henry and Rockdale a good example. Yet Forsyth Barrow gets 38%. Don’t pretend this means anything for November- it won’t.

Something weird though, it seems while Barrow underperformed in Democratic swinging white areas like east Cobb and Buckhead, he still fell significantly less in those areas than in places like Clayton County. It looks a bit like what an election would look like if only white people voted (at least in the Atlanta region).
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2024, 12:51:53 AM »

Brexit vibes.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2024, 12:54:23 AM »

We send $350 million to Washington each week, let's fund Georgia's public services instead. Tongue
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2024, 12:57:28 AM »

I think a lot of low-info black voters who voted Pinson didn’t know he was a Republican and Barrow a Democrat. I’m pretty certain this race would look more like a traditional partisan race had there been partisan labels.

Well well well…
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2024, 01:00:05 AM »

I think a lot of low-info black voters who voted Pinson didn’t know he was a Republican and Barrow a Democrat. I’m pretty certain this race would look more like a traditional partisan race had there been partisan labels.

Well well well…

What?
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2024, 03:20:49 AM »

I didn't realize though that the ballot apparently says "incumbent" next to the Rs name, so I assume that will likely help him

That's why its very, very hard for 'nonpartisan' court justices anywhere to lose. Unless there is a party label, or the court gets uber-politicized like Wisconsin, these races are usually quiet retentions. This sometimes leads to weird or even decades-old political coalitions showing up.

That we are even discussing such a race is unique.

Cant wait for the hot takes on how Biden is losing GA by 10 if Barrow loses decently

I didn't realize though that the ballot apparently says "incumbent" next to the Rs name, so I assume that will likely help him

That's why its very, very hard for 'nonpartisan' court justices anywhere to lose. Unless there is a party label, or the court gets uber-politicized like Wisconsin, these races are usually quiet retentions. This sometimes leads to weird or even decades-old political coalitions showing up.

That we are even discussing such a race is unique.

Cant wait for the hot takes on how Biden is losing GA by 10 if Barrow loses decently

And if not, Biden is also doomed because this election is very different from a presidential race.

Honestly, even if Barrow performed a miracle and somehow won, we all know that's how it would play. The "this means nothing for November" gang would be out in full force

Lol, so if Barrow loses conclusions should not be made but if he had won, conclusions should have been made that Democrats were in an excellent position

Honestly, the fact that Barrow is even getting 45% (and likely higher) of the vote based off of just $1M running against an incumbent with no party affiliation actually tells me that he had a pretty strong case here.

And you still used your best mental gymnastics skills to frame this as a positive sign for Biden.

Come on, it's ridicilous.

And i'm not certain that you understand the meaning of the word "honestly" and I say that as a non-native speaker of the english language!
Podgy the Bear
mollybecky

« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2024, 06:11:17 AM »

This election had little reflection on what is going to happen in November.  There was minimal awareness of this election and without a marquee race (such as Senate or gubernatorial)), you're just not going to get much of a turnout.   Especially at the end of May when school is letting out.

Furthermore, Barrow had little appeal to POC voters.  As a congressman in Athens and outlying counties, he had to operate as a conservative in order to survive his races.   This obviously is not going to carry over to these voters in Atlanta and the suburban areas--and it showed.

And the abortion issue alone wasn't going to get people to turn out in May.  I agree that this is not going to cut strongly for the Democrats in Georgia.  It may have some more impact in November--this remains to be seen.
GAinDC

« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2024, 07:09:09 AM »

Well it ended up being close but not in the way I thought! lol

It was a valiant effort by John Barrah but he had a lot stacked against him.
Devils30
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2024, 07:46:01 AM »

Something weird though, it seems while Barrow underperformed in Democratic swinging white areas like east Cobb and Buckhead, he still fell significantly less in those areas than in places like Clayton County. It looks a bit like what an election would look like if only white people voted (at least in the Atlanta region).

The direction of the trend is more of the Dems concern, not the overall numbers. If Trump gets 15% of the black vote he still loses Henry, Rockdale, Douglas by a ton but will more than have enough votes to win GA.
EastwoodS

« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2024, 10:14:46 AM »
« Edited: May 22, 2024, 10:31:21 AM by EastwoodS »

“John barrow” sounds more rural and white than Andrew Pinson

Might explain some of the results too
people on here could also, I don't know, go outside and talk to actual humans instead of festering on here with their chronically online takes such as this and many others.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #220 on: May 22, 2024, 11:09:42 AM »

I'll be called a hack but Pinson only winning by 10 is a good result IMO for Barrow/Dems.

Nothing was spent on this race - Barrow barely spent over $1M. People say they got mailers for Pinson but nothing from Barrow. Yes, Barrow pushed abortion rights, but it seems that only the most tuned in folks actually saw that. Almost everyone else was either swayed by name rec (Barrows old district) or incumbency on the ballot, with an incumbent who doesn't seem to have any scandals.

The fact that Barrow was able to still get 45% of the vote despite all of that actually tells me that his message was able to break through to some folks. I imagine 80% of voters did not know the details of this race or who was who, and just went with incumbent. But the fact that Barrow still got through to 45% of voters while spending $1M against a normal incumbent in a nonpartisan race is not bad at all imo.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #221 on: May 22, 2024, 11:24:52 AM »

I'll be called a hack but Pinson only winning by 10 is a good result IMO for Barrow/Dems.

Nothing was spent on this race - Barrow barely spent over $1M. People say they got mailers for Pinson but nothing from Barrow. Yes, Barrow pushed abortion rights, but it seems that only the most tuned in folks actually saw that. Almost everyone else was either swayed by name rec (Barrows old district) or incumbency on the ballot, with an incumbent who doesn't seem to have any scandals.

The fact that Barrow was able to still get 45% of the vote despite all of that actually tells me that his message was able to break through to some folks. I imagine 80% of voters did not know the details of this race or who was who, and just went with incumbent. But the fact that Barrow still got through to 45% of voters while spending $1M against a normal incumbent in a nonpartisan race is not bad at all imo.

You should sell timeshares
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #222 on: May 22, 2024, 11:28:26 AM »

I mean, just look at the results. The Atlanta Metro area pretty much shows that most of those voters and in other areas really had no idea about this race at all. They likely just saw 'incumbent' and ticked the box.
EastwoodS

« Reply #223 on: May 22, 2024, 11:35:20 AM »

You’re called a hack bc you have no shame
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

« Reply #224 on: May 22, 2024, 11:41:43 AM »

I mean, just look at the results. The Atlanta Metro area pretty much shows that most of those voters and in other areas really had no idea about this race at all. They likely just saw 'incumbent' and ticked the box.

Black voters in Atlanta metro saw that Barrow was aligned with the democrat party and decided not to vote for him

You can just make up anything you want to fit your narrative
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies