Two car bombs found in London
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:33:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Two car bombs found in London
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Two car bombs found in London  (Read 8519 times)
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 04:14:44 AM »

You wanna know what's funny? Sean Hannity basically said the EXACT same thing I said yesterday at 9pm EDT on Hannity and Colmes. I'm not the only one saying it.

You and Hannity are of the same mind...is anyone surprised?

Hannity said what I have been saying. It's not even politics. Why would anyone...any human being....politics aside...want to get rid of things such as wiretapping terrorists and the Patriot Act...which can and are saving hundreds or thousands of lives?

It's like as if people were going around saying "Let's abolish medicine!" Why? It helps cure sickness...why in the world would you want to abolish it?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2007, 05:42:18 AM »

The UK has different laws about holding people before they have to be charged which actually makes it easier to hold people and do a better investigation which helps against fighting terrorists.

Thanks for pointing that out, although some will not get it.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2007, 08:50:38 AM »

Naso, keep up the good fight buddy. You're on the right track.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 08:53:55 AM »

The bomb may have been intended for several events; simply for maximum damage in a nightlife spot or for London's Gay Pride march. Much of the thanks should go to ordinary people going about their business who spotted the suspicious vehicles.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 10:41:13 AM »

Just heard on the radio that there's been some sort of incident at Glasgow airport.
Јas
Jas
Junior Chimp
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 10:54:19 AM »

Just heard on the radio that there's been some sort of incident at Glasgow airport.

Apparantly 2 men drove a Cherokee Jeep into the Departures Lounge which is now on fire.

BBC Report
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 11:01:04 AM »

Extra police presence at Glasgow Prestwick, terminus stations in the city and on the Subway. Appears to be a botched job (again) and is probably linked to the London plot.

I hope if it is a botched terror attack, then the culprits aren't local.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 11:11:33 AM »

You wanna know what's funny? Sean Hannity basically said the EXACT same thing I said yesterday at 9pm EDT on Hannity and Colmes. I'm not the only one saying it.

So it's you and Sean Hannity.

Got anyone credible?
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -7.13

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 11:38:01 AM »

Is it known whether anyone (apart from the people in the car) was hurt in the Glasgow airport thing? It seems a really strange thing to do as a terrorist attack, especially since the car didn't seem to have explosives in it.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »

Is it known whether anyone (apart from the people in the car) was hurt in the Glasgow airport thing? It seems a really strange thing to do as a terrorist attack, especially since the car didn't seem to have explosives in it.

If it was it was botched. What may have happened is that the device didn't quite do what it was supposed to. There may not have been a device at all; it also seems like it was a rather crude petrol bomb.

It would be interesting to know why Glasgow was a target.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 11:46:32 AM »

I just looked on wikipedia to see whether there are any specific destinations you can get to from Glasgow that you can't from other British cities, but nothing leapt out at me.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 11:49:25 AM »

If it was it was botched. What may have happened is that the device didn't quite do what it was supposed to. There may not have been a device at all; it also seems like it was a rather crude petrol bomb.

The same reason why New York and Washington and London are all targets. The terrorists are in a holy war with any people or country that doesn't live their religion and way of life. They don't care where it is in the world. They have attacked the U.S., the U.K., Tarzania, Saudia Arabia, Iraq, and they are locked in a war against us.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 11:54:12 AM »

I think he means "why Glasgow and not Edinburgh" - where they were hosting the state opening of the Scottish Parliament today. Seems to me an incident there would've caused a bigger fuss.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 11:55:31 AM »

No its not the 'terrorists' its the dar-al-islam which is at war against everyone else. If they keep escalating(forst 9/11 now rumors of them trying to start forestfires) it will eventually get to the point where the ban on genocide is repealed and both arabic and the call to prayer are only heard in hell. I'd rather NOT have WWIII but too late to fix things NOW...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »

No its not the 'terrorists' its the dar-al-islam which is at war against everyone else. If they keep escalating(forst 9/11 now rumors of them trying to start forestfires) it will eventually get to the point where the ban on genocide is repealed and both arabic and the call to prayer are only heard in hell. I'd rather NOT have WWIII but too late to fix things NOW...

We've been in an unofficial World War III for the last several years.
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 11:57:59 AM »

No. WWIII will come when we lose a city or two. We're in the prewar escalation. Too late to avert it but we can delay it...
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2007, 11:58:51 AM »

The same reason why New York and Washington and London are all targets. The terrorists are in a holy war with any people or country that doesn't live their religion and way of life. They don't care where it is in the world. They have attacked the U.S., the U.K., Tarzania, Saudia Arabia, Iraq, and they are locked in a war against us.

Actually, my question was more in depth than that stock answer. Scotland was, for political reasons never an IRA target during it's campaign. As a result our police are not as expereinced in anti-terror measures as their English counterparts. Secondly, Glasgow is not a strongly Muslim city, and it's Muslim population is generally more middle class than in other cities which is just an observation; this has has no bearing on the attack (and the ethnicity is also more mixed; a large % of Kosovans for example)

To target Glasgow Airport (the explosion took place outside near the drop off area of the terminus), as opposed to the city is interesting.

However the schools in Scotland broke up on Friday, so today would have been busier than normal with many families heading on holiday. That fact is probably overlooked by many in the media.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2007, 12:02:33 PM »

The only thing I can think of is those death threats to Mohammed Sarwar.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2007, 12:04:38 PM »

Oh yeah...still, if that was the case wouldn't they target something a little closer to Glasgow itself? The airport's in Renfrewshire, a bit out of the way. I suppose it does make a statement though Sad
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2007, 12:08:57 PM »

I hadn't thought of that. He received threats for successfully trying to track down the racist killers of Kriss Donald. If the culprits are from Pollockshields I will probably feel pretty horrible.
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2007, 12:12:05 PM »

If that turns out to be true, I'll feel pretty sick too. Those bastards deserved their sentences and then some - and you're right, it was a racist murder.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2007, 12:25:12 PM »

Breaking News >> U.S. Orders Boost of Airport Security in Wake of London, Glasgow Terrorist Acts
CubOB
ChrisOB

Political Matrix

« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2007, 12:27:40 PM »

Yep, even more airport security...that's just what America needs.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2007, 12:34:22 PM »

Yep, even more airport security...that's just what America needs.

I flew to Fort Lauderdale from Cleveland last month, and I found it to be much easier than I was expecting. Take off your shoes, put them and any objects into the bin...walk through...grab your shoes and objects...and be on your way. It probably took me 1 min 30 sec at most.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2007, 12:36:23 PM »

I get the impression that if there was an explosion on the Moon the US would tighten airport security Smiley Most of it is unnecessary.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies