McCain In Iraq July 4 With The Troops, Patriotism Or Crass Politicking?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:21:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  McCain In Iraq July 4 With The Troops, Patriotism Or Crass Politicking?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: McCain In Iraq July 4 With The Troops, Patriotism Or Crass Politicking?  (Read 945 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 30, 2007, 10:17:55 AM »

John McCain will spend July 4 in Iraq with the troops.

"I would rather spend the 4th of July with the men and women in Iraq than anywhere else in the world."

Is this McCain showing his solidarity and support for the troops, or crass politicking on his part for his faltering campaign?

Please discuss.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 11:01:05 AM »

I imagine that as a former soldier he feels a lot of camaraderie with the troops so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. If he did it without announcing it and with no news coverage I would give him even more credit

but is he going to go for a stroll in an Iraqi market without helicpoters, body Armor and a platoon of Marines this time?

CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 08:31:02 PM »

I imagine that as a former soldier he feels a lot of camaraderie with the troops so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. If he did it without announcing it and with no news coverage I would give him even more credit

but is he going to go for a stroll in an Iraqi market without helicpoters, body Armor and a platoon of Marines this time?

First, actually he was a sailor, NOT a soldier.

Second, given the trouble he is having raising money in the United States, he may be going abroad to try to raise money elsewhere.

Third, he may find Iraq to be friendlier territority than Arizona.  There he only has to recokon with terrorists while in Arizona the average citizen hates him.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies