Reluctant Biden supporter Kyle Kulinski (Secular Talk) switches support, endorses Jill Stein
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 06:05:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Reluctant Biden supporter Kyle Kulinski (Secular Talk) switches support, endorses Jill Stein
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Reluctant Biden supporter Kyle Kulinski (Secular Talk) switches support, endorses Jill Stein  (Read 886 times)
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 15, 2024, 01:05:46 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bli49Nwnag

He had been among the YouTubers on the left who reluctantly supported Biden/Democrats for November; but has shifted toward the accelerationist/"protest vote" perspective he formerly opposed since the start of the Israel/Palestine conflict.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 01:18:08 PM »

If they think it's bad now, the far left is going to love it when Trump is back in power!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 01:21:03 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2024, 01:22:41 PM »

Kulinski was never a Biden supporter, reluctant or otherwise. He made it crystal clear back in 2020 that he wouldn't vote for Biden under any circumstances and even said that he didn't care if that meant that Trump was  going to be reelected.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2024, 01:34:24 PM »

If Trump wins then they'll be demanding that Biden do something to stop him from taking office. They always demand action after the fact when nothing can actually be done.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2024, 01:37:35 PM »

Welcome to the Stein train! I can't believe any leftists are still supporting Cornel West given the ballot access situation.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2024, 02:23:54 PM »

Vote for the KGB asset to ensure the election of the other KGB asset!
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2024, 02:28:59 PM »

That's a true game changer. Brandon is finished now.
Old Man Willow
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2024, 02:39:58 PM »

Kulinski is a perfect example of the "Bin Laden had a point actually" leftist. Here's him a
few weeks back explaining Hamas's totally legit reasons for mass murder of innocents and how Trump provoked them into it:
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2024, 03:04:08 PM »

We face a threat to the very heart of democracy in this election: one of the only two potential winners is a traitor.

There is no patriotic American who will vote for anyone other than the direct opposition of a traitor. In this case that’s Biden. If you won’t stand for your country *now* when it counts then you are not a patriotic person and America has no use for you.

You’re going to help elect a traitor? GTFO.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2024, 04:53:46 PM »

That's a true game changer. Brandon is finished now.
Trumps gonna win Oregon now
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2024, 09:44:28 PM »

I like Kulinski quite a bit, but he also pulled this s__t in either 2016 I believe (Hillary winning the primary = stay home, don't vote Hillary). If I'm wrong, he did it in 2020.

You gotta use your political capital to pull Biden left, but ultimately on election day, you gotta show up and vote Biden. Surprised he didn't learn from his previous mistakes.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2024, 09:57:53 PM »

Winning without these chaos agents will be very good for the party. Call their bluff.
Obama24
United States
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2024, 10:09:50 PM »

We face a threat to the very heart of democracy in this election: one of the only two potential winners is a traitor.

There is no patriotic American who will vote for anyone other than the direct opposition of a traitor. In this case that’s Biden. If you won’t stand for your country *now* when it counts then you are not a patriotic person and America has no use for you.

You’re going to help elect a traitor? GTFO.

I only wish the voting records were public, that we might, after the election, release the names, seize the property of them, and bar them from holding office (be it elected, or any sort of employed office). We can no longer play nice with these traitors. We must in the second term invest Biden with unchallengeable and awesome power to do what he must to restore democracy.

To wit, I agree: Anyone that doesn't support Biden, is a traitor. Biden is, right now, America, liberty, justice and democracy personified.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2024, 10:29:46 PM »

All these lefty YouTubers are much more similar to legacy media than they'd ever admit. This washed-up nobody cannot survive another Biden term. If Trump doesn't win then he has to start applying for real jobs. Honestly, he should start doing that anyway because the Bernie Bro revolution is completely dead and it's not coming back.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2024, 11:32:05 PM »

How many times has Stein run for President on the Green ticket now? Three? And the best she has done is 1% of the vote? At a certain point any reasonably intelligent person would conclude that the electorate is simply not buying what you're selling. This is the definition of insanity.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2024, 03:54:40 AM »

This washed-up nobody cannot survive another Biden term. If Trump doesn't win then he has to start applying for real jobs.

This is objectively not true.

The "A lister" left wing youtubers like Cenk Uygur (The Young Turks), Kyle Kulinski (Secular Talk), David Pakman and Brian Tyler Cohen are doing fine for themselves. Cenk hired a bunch of people to make his show "bigger", so I could see him theoretically losing money by running his business unwisely, but the other 3 keep their show small and simple and have a LOT of youtube subscribers (and some private members who pay monthly). Hasanabi does well for himself too I believe, but he's more into Twitch streaming and has a younger audience on average.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2024, 10:39:47 AM »

This washed-up nobody cannot survive another Biden term. If Trump doesn't win then he has to start applying for real jobs.

The "A lister" left wing youtubers like Cenk Uygur (The Young Turks), Kyle Kulinski (Secular Talk), David Pakman and Brian Tyler Cohen are doing fine for themselves. Cenk hired a bunch of people to make his show "bigger", so I could see him theoretically losing money by running his business unwisely, but the other 3 keep their show small and simple and have a LOT of youtube subscribers (and some private members who pay monthly). Hasanabi does well for himself too I believe, but he's more into Twitch streaming and has a younger audience on average.

Pakman and Cohen are basically MSNBC on YouTube, from what I can tell. They'll do great because that's much more representative of the left-of-center audience than the old Bernie Bro crap is.

A quick look at Secular Talk's channel shows that he is consistently struggling to break 100k views per video, and half the time he's below 50k views. That's just not good enough to be sustainable these days. Hasan Piker is basically the far left's version of the school-shooter alt right internet personalities, so that's a different animal, I think. I don't really think of him as a political pundit.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2024, 10:42:43 AM »

Pakman and Cohen are basically MSNBC on YouTube, from what I can tell. They'll do great because that's much more representative of the left-of-center audience than the old Bernie Bro crap is.

A quick look at Secular Talk's channel shows that he is consistently struggling to break 100k views per video, and half the time he's below 50k views. That's just not good enough to be sustainable these days. Hasan Piker is basically the far left's version of the school-shooter alt right internet personalities, so that's a different animal, I think. I don't really think of him as a political pundit.

Kyle is married to Krystal Ball so his show probably gets subsidized by her’s .

DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2024, 10:45:19 AM »

Kyle is married to Krystal Ball so his show probably gets subsidized by her’s .

Lmao, is that true? That should end all his credibility right there.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2024, 11:00:02 AM »

Yeah as I've said before I don't understand how this guy has much of a following at all, although it seems it's not very big. He's not compelling or interesting to listen to or particularly charismatic, he's not funny almost all of the time, and he just comes across as an unlikable blowhard lecturing you. At least with like The Young Turks I can see the appeal even if it's an extremely low-brow type and the quality took a significant dropoff in 2016 and continued afterwards, for Kyle he's just boring at best.

But as noted he doesn't seem to have that much of a following anyway. He's really not relevant. Look at Cenk Uygur's runs for office....he's clearly even less relevant than that.

I do think we're entering an era where you'll have big online influencers who despite that have basically zero real life clout, look at Jimmy Dore and Jackson Hinkle for perfect examples. They have approximately as much real influence in the political scene as the typical Atlas/Talk Elections poster even if their social media gets much higher engagement.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2024, 11:13:11 AM »

Kulinski is a perfect example of the "Bin Laden had a point actually" leftist. Here's him a
few weeks back explaining Hamas's totally legit reasons for mass murder of innocents and how Trump provoked them into it:

Most people will not click on and watch this video, but he is just pointing out that Trump's (and now Biden's) Abraham Accords were designed to essentially collapse the position of the Palestinians internationally and contributed to the calculus where a desperate attack like Oct. 7 would have made sense to Hamas.

That is a far cry from saying he "provoked" them to it, and even farther from saying that they had "totally legit reasons", let alone that "Bin laden had a point" (!) Goodness gracious.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2024, 11:59:12 AM »

The Online Left media sphere continues to turn itself into an irrelevant joke, news at 11
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2024, 12:01:12 PM »

I like Kulinski quite a bit, but he also pulled this s__t in either 2016 I believe (Hillary winning the primary = stay home, don't vote Hillary). If I'm wrong, he did it in 2020.

You gotta use your political capital to pull Biden left, but ultimately on election day, you gotta show up and vote Biden. Surprised he didn't learn from his previous mistakes.

Yeah, 2016. Both him and Jimmy Dore endorsed Stein/Baraka.
heatcharger
Junior Chimp
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -1.04, S: -0.24

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2024, 01:21:44 PM »

Ominous sign for Biden 2024.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length