Iran’s president Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian killed in helicopter crash
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 04:51:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Iran’s president Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian killed in helicopter crash
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: Iran’s president Raisi and Foreign Minister Abdollahian killed in helicopter crash  (Read 3500 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2024, 06:16:00 PM »

Why would he be going to heaven?
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2024, 06:31:30 PM »

Or just human decency, something lfromnj apparently lacks.

You become effectively whatever you deem evil by such attitude.

It's pretty much clear that most Atlas users would be awful diplomats or not users i would trust holding an important function or job like ever.

One of the fun things about being a civilian is you do not have to act like you are part of the state department. This is why when henry kissinger died, you can make various insinuations about his firey new accomodation rather than giving some po-faced statement about how he loved his family and the united states.

This isn't the innocent dead of gaza, it is a bloodstained dictatorial butcher who is directly responsible for the death of your ideological milieu.

You may think this is a good or "fun" thing, but you and the other posters here reveal your true colors. You may fancy yourselves virtuous defenders of good in the world, but instead you're amoral hacks devoid of principles except to blindly follow Western geopolitical interests. This thread is a disgusting display of cheering and wishing for the death of a world leader who dared to defy your will and oppose your interests. Never mind that it is a flagrant violation of the TOS; if I said similar things about Zelensky or Biden I would be banned quickly. Of course  the forum authorities agree with you and will turn a blind eye towards your vile posts.

Talking mad sh!t for someone meatriding whatever Beijing puts out in front of you.
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2024, 06:36:48 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 06:55:01 PM by Beet »

I know there will be champagne corks going off in Washington and Tel Aviv, but this is very sad. He was the legitimate head of state on a diplomatic mission. And the world has only Iran's restraint to thank for the fact that WWIII didn't break out after the wanton attack on its embassy last month.

I personally would not claim a moral high ground by being sad that the Executioner from Tehran is dead, but I don’t have Jill Stein 2024 in my signature, so clearly I know nothing about properly shilling for imperialism and for fundamentalist mass murderers Smiley

Yes, I know my sig will not make me more popular. But I am quite happy with the moral implications of advertising my support for Jill Stein, who has never ordered or voted for the murder of anyone, unlike our major party candidates, Trump and Biden.

I am not saying if you support either of those candidates you are a bad person. People support different politicians for many reasons, and most people understandably support someone they think has a realistic chance of winning. Still, we do theoretically live in a democracy, and it is true insofar as if everyone did the right thing, we wouldn't have to make a choice between "bad or worse".
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2024, 06:37:42 PM »

lol this Raisi guy can get f**ked

You may think this is a good or "fun" thing, but you and the other posters here reveal your true colors. You may fancy yourselves virtuous defenders of good in the world, but instead you're amoral hacks devoid of principles except to blindly follow Western geopolitical interests. This thread is a disgusting display of cheering and wishing for the death of a world leader who dared to defy your will and oppose your interests. Never mind that it is a flagrant violation of the TOS; if I said similar things about Zelensky or Biden I would be banned quickly. Of course  the forum authorities agree with you and will turn a blind eye towards your vile posts.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2024, 06:56:27 PM »

It's pretty much clear that most Atlas users would be awful diplomats.

There’s A diplomatic argument but lol at the idea that Raisi deserves anything but pain

I haven't said that Raisi doesn't deserve anything but pain. I'm not in denial about that. But if we act this way, there will be at a certain point many people to actively wish pain and death for, because you know a lot of people have a certain evilness around them and few things generally are very black-and-white. And in the process of doing so, we become whatever we fight or fear anyways ourselves. Pretty sure for instance some users on this forum already do the same on ME Wink

And I believe in the diplomatic argument, yes.

There’s no black and white about Raisi. The butcher of Tehran is just simply one evil SOB and deserves what he got. Reports from the rescue team said they had to pull out because of wolves roaming the area. Alls I can say is hopefully the big bad wolf finds the fat turban wearing pig

Again i'm not in disagreement about this. He literally killed sympathisants and activists for Iranian Communist Party at the time too, so i'm not defending him... . It's just i'm defending Europe's decision for common sense and the diplomatic move and am an advocate of not escalating things unnecessarily or unnecessarily provoking people or regimes or becoming bad by doing bad things to bad people.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2024, 06:57:05 PM »

Missing Sebastián Piñera.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2024, 07:03:40 PM »

Lykaon
Rookie
United States

« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2024, 07:08:05 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 07:13:32 PM by Lykaon »

More accurate. The butcher of Tehran is in hell with Prigozhin, Sulemani, and Epstein
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2024, 07:09:36 PM »

It's pretty much clear that most Atlas users would be awful diplomats or not users i would trust holding an important function or job like ever.

One of the fun things about being a civilian is you do not have to act like you are part of the state department. This is why when henry kissinger died, you can make various insinuations about his firey new accomodation rather than giving some po-faced statement about how he loved his family and the united states.

This isn't the innocent dead of gaza, it is a bloodstained dictatorial butcher who is directly responsible for the death of your ideological milieu.

Yes but the thing is that people are criticizing Europe's decisions to help with search efforts, this isn't about Raisi anymore, this is about people jokingly or non-jokingly saying Europe has an evil regime for doing what I consider a common sense thing.

I don't expect all of you to be diplomats. I don't expect all of you to pretend to be sad about this, though as compucomp says the irony is that for Raisi i guess we have a consensus on the forum but that for some other leaders moderators would not tolerate such comments, and i think perception on leaders such as Netanyahu and Trump would be a lot more divided.

Would you say if it was Netanyahu or Trump that these comments would've been okay. I don't think it's really that clear. Fico isn't really popular on the forum either and some had a hard time pretending to be sad there either... . My question is where is the line. What is allowed and what not?

I don't think anyone will mourn his death here. And i don't think anyone will attempt to convince you that the man is a good person (even if we must be aware of cultural & political biases/differences). But I just think overall, that the judgment - especially if he's confirmed dead - should not be up to us, people that even barely know him who he was, other than reading some bad stuff about him on Wikipedia or "muh Iran bad", i don't know anything about him.

In Christian tradition, generally, whenever someone is dead, the judgment is left to God, not to us. I in a lot of ways agree with that. Except for the God part because I don't believe in God but I agree that the morality isn't something I should really judge over at the moment one is deceased.

In Buddhist tradition, there is something like karma... or the concept that you become whatever you claim to fight if you resort to the same methods as the one/thing you fight.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #84 on: May 19, 2024, 07:52:08 PM »

A+ rescue effort:

"Head of the Red Crescent tells Iranian state media that "our colleagues confused the smell of car fuel with the smell of helicopter fuel"

https://t.me/mehrnews/197653"

Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2024, 07:55:43 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2024, 07:59:49 PM by Storr »

Edit: Yeah they're dead.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2024, 08:20:22 PM »

I think rescue efforts here are always going to be rough.

Weather conditions are bad (might be responsible for this crash).

This is quite a mountaineous area, forested and in foggy conditions.

People are at the end also just people.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #87 on: May 19, 2024, 09:24:35 PM »

How unfortunate. I imagine that helicopter crashes have a very negative environmental impact and it sounds like this would be very difficult to clean up after, so a shame about the mountain!
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #88 on: May 19, 2024, 09:29:38 PM »

sic semper tyrannis
pppolitics
Junior Chimp

« Reply #89 on: May 19, 2024, 10:17:57 PM »

BREAKING: "No survivors" found at crash site of helicopter carrying Iran's President Ebrahim Raisi, Iranian agencies report

https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live-news/raisi-iran-president-helicopter-crash/index.html
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #90 on: May 19, 2024, 10:22:15 PM »

Cleric selected by theocratic despot struck down by act of God. News at 11.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #91 on: May 19, 2024, 10:23:52 PM »

Rest in power King!
certified hummus supporter 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2024, 10:41:19 PM »

Irregardless of one's opinion of him, why the hell did they think it was a great idea for them to fly in those conditions to begin with?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2024, 10:45:47 PM »

Who killed the Iranian president?

(A) CIA
(B) Mossad
(C) Boeing
(D) Moderna
(E) Grand Mufti of Jerusalem
(F) Professor Plum

Wrong answers only.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2024, 10:45:53 PM »

How unfortunate. I imagine that helicopter crashes have a very negative environmental impact and it sounds like this would be very difficult to clean up after, so a shame about the mountain!
I want to send my great concern to that mountain, it had to deal with a lot today.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2024, 10:48:20 PM »

Irregardless of one's opinion of him, why the hell did they think it was a great idea for them to fly in those conditions to begin with?

Flights which are not regularly scheduled and are carrying VIP passengers always have this element of pressure - whether it's official or self-induced - to get the VIP passengers to their destinations ASAP. Many aviation accidents have occurred under these kinds of circumstances after pilots got themselves into trouble in-flight.
Catholics vs. Convicts
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2024, 10:53:19 PM »

Kobe
Crumpets
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2024, 10:58:52 PM »

Who killed the Iranian president?

(A) CIA
(B) Mossad
(C) Boeing
(D) Moderna
(E) Grand Mufti of Jerusalem
(F) Professor Plum

Wrong answers only.

- Azerbaijan (since he just met with Aliyev)
- The CIA, but it was the weather manipulation bureau, and it was a total accident
- Skittish Iranian air defenses protecting the restricted airspace that they knew the president's helicopter would be entering at any minute
- Amazon "Cloud" Services
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2024, 11:01:23 PM »

Oh no!

Anyway.
Logical

« Reply #99 on: May 19, 2024, 11:05:14 PM »

A image of the crash site

It's safe to say that there were no survivors.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies