The Politics of Strip Clubs: Are Lap Dances Free Speech? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:58:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  The Politics of Strip Clubs: Are Lap Dances Free Speech? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you believe that lap dances qualify as protected free speech?
Yes.

No.

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: The Politics of Strip Clubs: Are Lap Dances Free Speech?  (Read 6142 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 03, 2007, 03:00:39 PM »

Yes, as are paid sex and drug use.  Though these things are additionally and alternately protectd by the Right to Privacy.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 11:12:28 PM »

Yes, as are paid sex and drug use.  Though these things are additionally and alternately protectd by the Right to Privacy.

Please explain how.  Find me the clause that states we have 'the right to privacy'.

'Clause'?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 04:47:33 AM »

Please explain how.  Find me the clause that states we have 'the right to privacy'.

'Clause'?

you claim the Constitution protects the 'right to privacy'.  It does protect certain aspects of privacy, but show me where in the document privacy is protected in its entirety.

I never said anything about what was 'in the document'.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 08:47:48 AM »

Of course, I've never been of the opinion that the Constitution did a very good job of enumerating or properly prioritizing what our rights should be, anyway.

So, in other words, if you had the power, you would choose (or people who agree with you at least) to decide what our rights should be, because the Constitution didn't do it "correctly".  Nice.

As to the topic of this thread - lap dances aren't free speech.  I suspect this one gets overturned up the appeals chain in Oregon.

Why do you think the constitution is a good one, SS?  It really isn't - unless, of course, we construe it to gaurantee Privacy and Speech.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies