My 2008 Prediction.....What's Yours? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:21:02 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  My 2008 Prediction.....What's Yours? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My 2008 Prediction.....What's Yours?  (Read 6500 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 16, 2007, 03:43:33 PM »

NM, silly goose.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 12:34:25 PM »

That's a risky proposition. What if Hill-dog doesn't mess up? That's how political movements get started.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 11:22:44 AM »

The campaign may start close between the two major parties, but will break wide open for Clinton in October 2008

...if the current climate against the GOP continues ...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I agree with the first, but not with the latter. SheŽll not take MT, AK or IN whatsoever. She "maybe" gets 45% in IN, yes, but thatŽs all.

Nope. SheŽll win NH - and by a decent margin.

Georgia isnŽt going anywhere but GOP next year. GA is a conservative hell and still trending GOP. No chance for Clinton there. Yes, the turnout will be close to 130 Mio. votes, but Clinton will only take about 50% of them, as I predict a close election. Remember that Bush won with 51-48 ...

MO will be closer, some Western states may flip to Clinton (NM, NV, CO) but not AZ. Clinton landsliding the west with 70% is ridiculous. But the Westcoast should generally be in the Clinton=55% column.

I think her VP will be Tom Vilsack.

It would be interesting to see how an adopted child would affect the DEM ticket.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 02:54:58 PM »

You know, if the Republicans pull this off, this would be the first time a president was both reelected AND was replaced by a loyal successor that wasn't a part of the original president's jurisdiction in 132 years and first time EVER, if the GOP wins both the EVs and popular vote.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »

If Bush couldn't win those states in 2004 there's no way Thompson would win them in 2008. And Nevada wouldn't go Dem while Michigan and Pennsylvania vote Repub.

I don't know about that. Things get a little "funny" when a anti-gun GOPer runs, or a pro-choice one for that matter. It could make one part of the country trend harder than the other parts. Being anti-gun will make you perform worse in the west while being pro-choice will make you run better in the west and vice-versa for the Mississippi Valley and Great Lakes.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies