My 2008 Prediction.....What's Yours? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:25:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  My 2008 Prediction.....What's Yours? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My 2008 Prediction.....What's Yours?  (Read 6505 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« on: July 07, 2007, 08:08:24 PM »

I see no way around it.  The Democrats seem determined to nominate former first lady and New York Senator Hillary Clinton for President.

The Republicans are crumbling more each day. 

The Iraq war, young Americans and Iraqis are dying every time you turn around.

Bush is intransigent is his stand on the war.

There is no such thing as "incremental progress" being made in the war.  Face it, the war is lost.  You cannot defeat an enemy you cannot see.  For every insurgent, thug, or terrorist you kill, there are 100 just like them ready, willing, and able to take up the cause of terrorism, from many different countries around the world.  I am not being defeatist, I am simply being realistic.  No matter how long you stay in a place like Iraq, no matter how many more troops you pour into Iraq, the situation will not change.  The troop surge is not working, had no hope of working from the beginning, and will never work.         

The Libby issue, a public relations disaster.  Bush refuses to rule out a full pardon.

Bush's poll numbers are spiralling into oblivion, with no hope of turning around.

No Republican candidate can overcome the obstacles put in their way by a Republican President.

The war, which will become only more and more and more unpopular as time goes on into 2008, with more and more and more young Americans being killed, will seal the fate of the Republican candidate in the 2008 Presidential election.

Any of the major contenders for the Democratic nomination will defeat any of the contenders for the Republican nomination in the election, due mainly to Iraq, and Bush's unbending attitude in this matter.

Therefore, by process of elimination, meaning Bush has eliminated any hope the Republicans had of maintaining the White House in 2008, and by virtue of the fact the Democrats seem absolutely determined to make Hillary Clinton the nominee, Hillary Clinton is elected President in 2008.

Predictions as to who will be elected President in 2008, and reasoning behind the predictions, if desired, please.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 04:42:09 PM »

I'm ready to call the Democratic ticket and go on record for 2008.

Senator Hillary Clinton (NY)/Senator Evan Bayh (IN)

Game, set, match.

You read it here first.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies