DSCC launches new ad blitz on Iraq against McConell, Collins, Coleman and Sununu
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:47:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  DSCC launches new ad blitz on Iraq against McConell, Collins, Coleman and Sununu
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DSCC launches new ad blitz on Iraq against McConell, Collins, Coleman and Sununu  (Read 943 times)
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 10, 2007, 05:37:45 PM »

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R44cpvDeneA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R44cpvDeneA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

As the Senate begins debate on a defense measure dealing with the war in Iraq, the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee launched new television advertisements today urging Republican Senators Mitch McConnell, Susan Collins, Norm Coleman and John Sununu to stop backing President Bush’s open-ended commitment to policing a civil war and support a Democratic proposal to redeploy troops from the country.

“Four times this year Republican Senators have had the opportunity to support a new direction in Iraq, and four times they have instead voted for George Bush’s failed status quo,” DSCC spokesman Matthew Miller said.  “This week they have a chance to listen to their constituents and do the right thing for the country.  It’s time for Republican Senators to stop taking their marching orders from the president and vote to end this war.”

The Senate is currently considering the Defense Authorization bill and is expected to vote later this week on a series of amendments requiring the president to take a new direction in Iraq. The ads, which will air in major media markets in each of the four states, are the first the DSCC has launched in 2007.

http://dscc.org/news/roundup/20070710_newads/index.htm
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 08:04:43 PM »

The ad buy is actually $90,000.  Per one of the political sites I read earlier today (I can't remember which one - might be Politico).
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 12:28:34 AM »

I saw the Coleman ad earlier and it was rather pointless.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 01:51:48 AM »

I saw the Coleman ad earlier and it was rather pointless.

Any $90,000 multi-state ad buy is pointless, and done only to generate these BS non-stories.  I can't believe the media keeps falling for this stunt.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies