Senate Prediction 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:21:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senate Prediction 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Prediction 2008  (Read 7715 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: July 17, 2007, 03:18:43 PM »

My prediction right now would be:  Dems win Colorado and New Hampshire.  That's it.

But it's way too early for making predictions right now.  We'll know more by October or so (or maybe later).
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:36:35 PM »

But it's way too early for making predictions right now.  We'll know more by October or so (or maybe later).

But will even that help? I seem to recall some posters predicting a Steele win days before the election. Smiley

Har de har har... Tongue

Actually, other than the Steele and Chafee predictions, I pretty much nailed every race within MOE and some of them (like Webb/Allen), the % was nailed as well. The polling didn't help on Chafee.

But that's ok.  In 2004, I screwed up Alaska and Colorado as well.  No one's perfect.  Of course, the polling didn't help on Alaska in that race either.

My history is to nail a couple of races everyone else misses and to screw up a couple of races that most everyone else gets right.  Partially b/c I take chances and listen to my gut and notwithstanding my allegiance to polls, I think surprises do occasionally happen.

I can only hope over time that my gut gets better at predicting.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:40:43 PM »

I agree with everything except for Oregon.  I think Gordie is toast!

"Gordie" is toast even though he faces no major opposition as of yet and Colorado is staying GOP? Ok.
Don't forget the kind of person Rawlings is Wink

That doesn't make any sense.  At least until Gordie gets an opponent who is not some tier above third...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies