Senate Prediction 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:26:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Senate Prediction 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate Prediction 2008  (Read 7741 times)
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -9.22

« on: July 11, 2007, 12:34:05 AM »

Dems get a net gain of 4. Of course, it's still early and anything can happen between now and then.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 11:17:39 AM »

I agree with everything except for Oregon.  I think Gordie is toast!

"Gordie" is toast even though he faces no major opposition as of yet and Colorado is staying GOP? Ok.
Don't forget the kind of person Rawlings is Wink

That doesn't make any sense.  At least until Gordie gets an opponent who is not some tier above third...
Rawlings thinks Colorado is a Republican state like South Carolina or Utah, no matter what and he'd be willing to put anything ahead of his beloved home state going Democratic. That's what I was getting at.

Oh please, Fabian!  Colorado is much more conservative than Oregon and Smith has a lost a lot of his base in rural Oregon because of his stances on the war.  It's a miracle that Gordie even got re-elected in the first place in uber-liberal Oregon.

Colorado is an entirely different state.  It has a GOP registration advantage, is a consistently red state for POTUS, and will have Schaffer replacing the Senate's most conservative voting member (Allard).  It ain't Utah...but neither is it Oregon or your homestate.

1. Stop calling him Gordie. I mean, what the hell?
2. Stop flaunting the fact that Republicans has a narrow edge over Democrats in voter registration. Oklahoma has more reigstered Democrats than Republicans. Voter registration stats don't matter, it's the unaffiliated who decide.
3. Oregon and Colorado are not as far apart as you're making it seem. Yes, Oregon is obviously more liberal but Oregon didn't even go 52% for Kerry while Colorado didn't even go 52% for Bush.
4. Allard is the most conservastive senate member? What are you basing this on? Regardless, Allard is not popular in Colorado so that's nothing to be proud of.
Aizen
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »

I agree with everything except for Oregon.  I think Gordie is toast!

"Gordie" is toast even though he faces no major opposition as of yet and Colorado is staying GOP? Ok.
Don't forget the kind of person Rawlings is Wink

That doesn't make any sense.  At least until Gordie gets an opponent who is not some tier above third...
Rawlings thinks Colorado is a Republican state like South Carolina or Utah, no matter what and he'd be willing to put anything ahead of his beloved home state going Democratic. That's what I was getting at.

Oh please, Fabian!  Colorado is much more conservative than Oregon and Smith has a lost a lot of his base in rural Oregon because of his stances on the war.  It's a miracle that Gordie even got re-elected in the first place in uber-liberal Oregon.

Colorado is an entirely different state.  It has a GOP registration advantage, is a consistently red state for POTUS, and will have Schaffer replacing the Senate's most conservative voting member (Allard).  It ain't Utah...but neither is it Oregon or your homestate.

1. Stop calling him Gordie. I mean, what the hell?
2. Stop flaunting the fact that Republicans has a narrow edge over Democrats in voter registration. Oklahoma has more reigstered Democrats than Republicans. Voter registration stats don't matter, it's the unaffiliated who decide.
3. Oregon and Colorado are not as far apart as you're making it seem. Yes, Oregon is obviously more liberal but Oregon didn't even go 52% for Kerry while Colorado didn't even go 52% for Bush.
4. Allard is the most conservastive senate member? What are you basing this on? Regardless, Allard is not popular in Colorado so that's nothing to be proud of.

1.  You're kind of a whiner.
2. You don't think registration advantages matter?  Just because it doesn't work in your favor doesn't  mean it's not important.
3. I've lived in both.  Trust me.  They are VERY different.  The GOP always comes close in Oregon but the state is too solidly blue to turn.  I think Colorado is a parallel example for the GOP.  It's like turning the Titanic around.
4. Allard was re-elected.  You may not like him, but the people of Colorado obviously do.  And, by the way, he was rated most conservative member based upon his voting record by some group about a year ago. 

Stop being an idiot and pay attention. Oklahoma. Has. More. Registered. Democrats. Than. Republicans. That. State. Is. Not. Going. Democrat. Anytime. Soon. Your. Argument. Sucks.

The people of Colorado like Allard? I'm sorry, but you leave me no choice. I'm going to once again have to use facts on you. Allard has a 44% approval rating as of the last SUSA tracker. Allard won in 2002 for two reasons. Strickland ran a lousy campaign but more importantly, 2002 was a GREAT year for Republicans. 2008 is not going to be 2002 and Colorado Democrats have made undeniable, significant strides since 2002.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies