The end of the Republican Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:46:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The end of the Republican Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The end of the Republican Party?  (Read 6850 times)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« on: July 17, 2007, 12:09:07 PM »

I'll add my dissent to the 'end of the Republican Party'.  It would be nice if it would go away, but obviously it won't as there are only two of them and it has so much money behind it.

Anyway what's the difference?  The interesting thing is that both parties are so right wing, and thus the endless cycling back and forth between them changes so little.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 12:20:55 PM »

I'll add my dissent to the 'end of the Republican Party'.  It would be nice if it would go away, but obviously it won't as there are only two of them and it has so much money behind it.

Anyway what's the difference?  The interesting thing is that both parties are so right wing, and thus the endless cycling back and forth between them changes so little.

Ummm.... 2007 was nothing like the country of 1977 and that country had litle resembalance to the country in 1947 and that country had little resemblance to the country of 1917 and that country looked nothing like the country did in 1857.

Really?  They're all capitalist countries completely controlled by a small owning elite, with various influences from the religious/nationalist types.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 11:20:04 AM »

Once Republicans ditch the populist act, they'll be competitive.  then bedroom Democrats will have nothing on their platform.  You know, those extremist Christians, they're like, so totally, like square.  Luckily we have "moderates" who tow the agenda for corporate America to "come clean up this negative dirty extremist politics" on both sides.  Truly and refreshingly bipartisan.

This post makes no sense, Tarheel - the only reason the Republicans ARE competitive (in fact to the point of winning most of the time) is because of the 'populist act'.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies