The end of the Republican Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:58:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The end of the Republican Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The end of the Republican Party?  (Read 6861 times)
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« on: July 15, 2007, 09:56:38 PM »

If the GOP were ever to dissolve I think you would see a return of the Southern Democrat as a new party rather than moderates vs. ultra liberals.  You might also see an uptick in people who identify themselves as Libertarians as moderate former members of the GOP look for a new political affiliation.  I actually think that a collapse of the GOP would actually cause the creation of a 3 party system with a far left party, a socially conservative and economically liberal party, and a socially liberal economically conservative party.

However, I doubt the GOP will ever really dissolve.  They will just have to find some way to adapt to the new political and demographic realities of the country as we move forward in time.  Right now there is a battle going on between social conservatives and economic conservatives for control of the party.  This intraparty strife is being exasperated by the immigration debate and it very well could result in the GOP losing half of it's base voters depending on the Democratic response and the available 3rd party options.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies