The end of the Republican Party? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  The end of the Republican Party? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The end of the Republican Party?  (Read 6864 times)
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: July 16, 2007, 10:29:03 PM »

Yeah, after 1856, the party system has matured. One thing you could think about are changing coalitions. What if the fiscal conservatives are ignored in the GOP? Well, 30 years from now, you could have a libertarian democratic party and a communalist republican party, rather than a liberal/conservative divide.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 03:19:43 PM »

I'll add my dissent to the 'end of the Republican Party'.  It would be nice if it would go away, but obviously it won't as there are only two of them and it has so much money behind it.

Anyway what's the difference?  The interesting thing is that both parties are so right wing, and thus the endless cycling back and forth between them changes so little.

Ummm.... 2007 was nothing like the country of 1977 and that country had litle resembalance to the country in 1947 and that country had little resemblance to the country of 1917 and that country looked nothing like the country did in 1857.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 03:20:39 PM »

We're already on that path. The GOP is already an authoritarian populist part.
See...the seeds have been sown. 15 more year should do it.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 03:41:03 PM »

Calm down, you too. It could just be a moderate form of libertarianism and I don't know how corporate welfare 19th century america was libertarian.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:43:35 AM »

I could see if the DEMs win in 08 the republicans fall apart with many libertarians and Paleo-cons joining the LP and CP and before 2012 I could see Schwarzenagger, Bloomberg, and Lieberman getting together and forming a new Centrist Party.

I don't know about that. I definitely think that in western cities(San Fran, Seattle, Denver, Boulder, Las Vegas,) and in New England, you know, the bluest parts of the country, might see the defunct Republicans being replaced by the libertarian party and the populist to paleo-conservative Constitution Party. On the other hand, if the DEMs lose, they may be replaced in swing and conservative states by the Libertarian Party for the bedroom democrats and the Green Party for enviromentalists and unions.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 12:16:32 PM »

I think what he is trying to say is that it is getting old and being pushed to far to keep social moderates from becoming "bedroom democrats".
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 02:58:39 PM »

There's not much of a "militia west" out side of the great plains and the Beehive Empire of Utah and Idaho....I guess Wyoming and Montana are the "militia west" at this point, The Dakotas,  Kansas and Nebraska are too, if you consider them "west".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies