So Thompson supporters...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:46:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  So Thompson supporters...
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: So Thompson supporters...  (Read 1931 times)
Wakie
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 11:33:34 AM »

Consider it this way, if they support Thompson then they probably also support Bush.

Certainly, but they could also be cognizant of the fact that Bush's unpopularity could be a sign that Thompson will not go over all that well.

I don't stopped looking for Bush supporters to be rational and cognizant of reality a while ago.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 12:34:10 PM »

Considering that Thompson is very ideologically similar to Bush, completely supports Bush's policies and has closely aligned himself with and defended Bush, do you really think he can distance himself from Bush in the general? And if he can't, then do you really believe a candidate seen as closely tied to Bush can win?

Bush will be hung around the neck of who ever gets the nod from the GOP. Rudy = Bush with some social liberal views, Mitt = Bush+Mormon+flip flopper, Thompson = Bush+lobbyist+Hollywood+very little experience. Any of them will face an up hill battle against the legacy Bush leaves them (except, of course, with the limited number of folks that still love Bush - I think 25% of them post on this board).

Rudy = Bush will be a tough sell, I think.  People have already seen quite a bit of his capabilities through his 9/11 leadership, and will certainly know by November 2008 that he's not a reactionary social conservative.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 12:37:08 PM »

But they will know he supports indefinitely continuing the Iraq fiasco.
nlm
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 05:17:57 PM »

But they will know he supports indefinitely continuing the Iraq fiasco.

Which is exactly how the Dems will go about attacking him and hanging Bush around his neck.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies