Who would you most like to see run for president in 08?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:18:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Who would you most like to see run for president in 08?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who would you most like to see run for president in 08?  (Read 4643 times)
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 07:01:06 PM »

Borat
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2006, 02:14:18 AM »

Among the realistic possibilities:

Bill Richardson (Democrat)

Haley Barbour (Republican)

Both have been very sucessful Governors and have had significant Washington experience as well.
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2006, 11:37:58 PM »

Gary Johnson--a true example of somebody who believes in "while I do not support their predilections, I do applaud their fight for freedom"
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2006, 01:46:43 PM »

he's not eligible, being British...

Gary Johnson--a true example of somebody who believes in "while I do not support their predilections, I do applaud their fight for freedom"

good choice^^
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2006, 02:05:17 PM »
« Edited: December 25, 2006, 02:09:53 PM by Gully Foyle »

Is there any US Politican who is...

Anti-Imperialist (Most important issue)
Supports the end of most foreign military aid to Israel.
Supports a level of State-intervention in Health care to make sure that all are covered.
Supports the end of Farm subsidies; and most other forms of needless protectionism.
Supports minimizing the regulation the goverment has over Education.
Supports ending the asinine 'the war on drugs'
Supports putting more restrictions on the power of corporations; ending the defence industry cartel (the so-called 'military-industrial complex') - ideally removing the legal defintion of a corporation as a 'person'. (Though Ideally there should be no corporations in legal limited liability sense.)
Does NOT support fully ending the Welfare state.

If so, I would like to see him or her run.

Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: December 25, 2006, 02:51:05 PM »

Stephen Colbert
Undisguised Sockpuppet
Straha
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Political Matrix
E: 6.52, S: 2.00

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2006, 03:33:08 PM »

Supports a level of State-intervention in Health care to make sure that all are covered.
Supports the end of Farm subsidies; and most other forms of needless protectionism.
Supports putting more restrictions on the power of corporations; ending the defence industry cartel (the so-called 'military-industrial complex') - ideally removing the legal defintion of a corporation as a 'person'. (Though Ideally there should be no corporations in legal limited liability sense.)

If so, I would like to see him or her run.

No.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2006, 03:35:37 PM »

A majority of politicians either support both or oppose both government intervention in health-care and education. You are looking for a leftist and a rightist position are two economically related issues. It's sort of like looking for a politician opposed to both abortion and the death penalty. Most favor one and support the other, but rarely does someone favor or support both.
Tetro Kornbluth
Gully Foyle
Atlas Icon
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2006, 04:41:13 PM »

A majority of politicians either support both or oppose both government intervention in health-care and education. You are looking for a leftist and a rightist position are two economically related issues. It's sort of like looking for a politician opposed to both abortion and the death penalty. Most favor one and support the other, but rarely does someone favor or support both.

Errr no, Health Care and Education are two very different commodities. Obviously because politics is so caught in the supposed 'left-right' divide it seems can oppose state Education while supporting state health care. The below in brackets are actual detailed ideas on both, ignore them if want to get more to the point

(Actually I'm in favour of a semi-private education systems in which the individual schools set their own standards and Curriculum and not any outer body except one the schools have themselves set up. Local councils would grant schools the right to raise a small amount of taxes within the local community, ala British Empire and it's subsidary corporations like the East India tea company, the Amount decided between the Council and the School - the School would recieve the majority of the cash. Though I am in favour of home schooling; and if I ever had a child that's how I would teach him or her. Obviously we are far from this anywhere in the world right now.

As for health care, my policy would be less elaborate: more a 'voucher system' for the lowest in society to attend private clinics. Though I do support some limited form of public healthcare - 100% free for all under 21, over 65 or so.)

Education should be an individual experience, where the individual child grows and develops, obviously how a child 'grows and develops' is unique and different to each child - which is why I'm against standardization and for choice in Education. While for Health, everyone has the same nervous system, the same set of organs and bones which make up the human body. Choice in healthcare isn't that needed because there is one form of medicine to tackle the human body (Unless you count the modern day snake oil which is Alternative medicine).

Plus I consider people's physical needs more important than their developmental ones.

Sorry for the long winded post there for those not interested - and I'm well aware my ideals on Education would be sucicide for any mainstream politican anywhere.

freedomburns
FreedomBurns

Political Matrix
E: -7.23, S: -8.70

« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2006, 01:42:20 PM »

Jon Stewart

or Mike Malloy
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2007, 04:46:19 PM »

The candidates that I would want to see run for President in 2008 are as followed in order of preference:

1. Mark Warner
2. Evan Bayh
3. Bill Richardson
4. Joe Biden
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies