Drinking Age (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:10:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Drinking Age (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Drinking Age  (Read 12226 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: July 22, 2004, 11:07:47 AM »

No it should not be lowered. I believe NJ lowered it to 18 years old a few years ago and it failed, miserably. NJ's drinking age is now back at 21 years old.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 11:42:42 AM »

No it should not be lowered. I believe NJ lowered it to 18 years old a few years ago and it failed, miserably. NJ's drinking age is now back at 21 years old.

So say a nineteen year old can fight for his country, die for his country fighting in an unfamiliar land in a war he may not want to be in, but cannot enjoy an alcoholic beverage?

Like I said before, NJ lowered it to 18 and it was a complete failure. Now it is back to 21. Enough said.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 01:54:27 PM »

I think there should be no drinking age. If you look at countries who don't have drinking age most people (teens) don't drink. I think that is because they only want to do what they can't do.

I remember having a very strong debate with you on this subject, I believe you wanted the drinking age to be raised even higher...

He's re-inventing himself...again.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 02:20:53 PM »

I think there should be no drinking age. If you look at countries who don't have drinking age most people (teens) don't drink. I think that is because they only want to do what they can't do.

I remember having a very strong debate with you on this subject, I believe you wanted the drinking age to be raised even higher...

I did, but then  after looking at France they have no drinking age and look at them. They do not have drunk drivers, they have no problem with it at all. That is because they are uses to it and there for they body can take the drinking they do, unlike here in America.

That post made no sense. No drunk drivers in France? No problems with it? First of all there are never "no problems" with alcohol. People will get drunk, people will get into accidents. That happens everywhere.

Also, the French and other Europeans are used to drinking at younger ages, I agree. However, that could be the main point for not lowering the age in the U.S. Drinking is part of their culture. They are more responsible drinkers. Then you say Americans can't take the drinking at a younger age. Well...why would you want it lowered? It just doesn't make sense.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies