bad president? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:18:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  bad president? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: bad president?  (Read 6853 times)
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« on: July 19, 2007, 12:22:51 AM »

continuation from another thread:

Overall, probably Harding.  His governmental policies were similar to Coolidge, but their personalities were way different.  Coolidge was analytical, very introverted, philosophical.  Harding was an all out badass, party animal that enjoyed the White House and the priviledge that went with it.
You've gotta remember, M&C is a super libertarian so a guy who does nothing and allows people to do whatever they want while not trying to stop them is their perfect guy.

I do realize Harding wasn't the best president we've had, but definitely not the worst.  Main thing I don't like about him is that he drank alcohol in the White House.  This isn't about Harding though, it's about Masterjedi's comment.

"I'm a super libertarian" so he thinks that automatically discredits my opinions.  Why?  I dunno.

Why is having a passive president a bad thing?  The Articles of Confederation point out to the fact that the Executive branch has the most actual power, but very little times when the President can use it.  Even that aside, what's wrong with letting people live how they want to live?  We have to stop people!! Their dangerous!  Roll Eyes  Not really going further than that...  Worst post from a "regular" I've seen in a long time.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 12:06:35 PM »

From the other thread:

Overall, probably Harding.  His governmental policies were similar to Coolidge, but their personalities were way different.  Coolidge was analytical, very introverted, philosophical.  Harding was an all out badass, party animal that enjoyed the White House and the priviledge that went with it.

Come on, now! That guy was incompetant.

how so?

He appointed corrupt officials, was completely ignorant of several significant scandals in his administration, and was generally overwhelmed by his presidential responsibilities. In his own words, "I am not fit for this office and never should have been here."

Your point is more valid that Masterjedi's, although I still disagree with some parts.
MaC
Milk_and_cereal
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 02:27:59 PM »

James, I love that quote, I'll use it in my sig Grin
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies