Election Cartography update
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:52:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Election Cartography update
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Election Cartography update  (Read 1014 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 20, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »

OK, so I got around to updating my site http://electioncartography.googlepages.com/ which had been "vacated" due to the loss of my personal laptop.

From tommorow, I'll host all images since googlepages seems to blur up the view.

I will also cease to use atlas US electoral maps and thus end US electoral maps, expanding on other nations.

Site comments welcomed.

(Please indicate if the site's images are blurred on your computer)
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »

They look blurred on my computer. You should save your pictures as .png files instead of .jpg files. The file size will be the same but quality will be improved drastically.
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 03:23:02 AM »

Oh very, very nice indeed I must say (and who's been a little cheeky taking the BBC's election maps from Wales and Scotland in 2007 eh?). I notice that you have decided London into a North London and a South London is there a reason for that?
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2007, 09:34:08 AM »

They look blurred on my computer. You should save your pictures as .png files instead of .jpg files. The file size will be the same but quality will be improved drastically.

Actually, they are .png files already but somehow Pagesgoogle transforms them into jpegs... However, if they're hosted, they won't blur so I'll try that today.

Oh very, very nice indeed I must say (and who's been a little cheeky taking the BBC's election maps from Wales and Scotland in 2007 eh?). I notice that you have decided London into a North London and a South London is there a reason for that?

Those maps are there while I'm making maps myself. That must be the Thames River dividing London, thanks for noticing that. I'll try to fix it.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies