WA General: Clinton +8 over Giuliani
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Primary Election Polls
  WA General: Clinton +8 over Giuliani
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: WA General: Clinton +8 over Giuliani  (Read 2134 times)
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:23:41 AM »
« edited: July 28, 2007, 04:03:28 AM by Alcon »

http://www.surveyusa.com/client/PollTrack.aspx?g=2f69f9ed-4d23-4943-bca9-81e51dbeab45

(Thanks to Tender for finding this; new ones should follow tomorrow)

Clinton 50%
Giuliani 42%

Last month, Giuliani led 47% to 44%.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 04:05:52 PM »

Sucks for Giuliani.
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 04:24:10 AM »

(Thanks to Tender for finding this; new ones should follow tomorrow)

Hmm.

SurveyUSA seems to be lazy in updating its 16-state-GE polls this month. Normally they are all updated in the middle of the month, but for July we only have WA so far ...
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:41:49 AM »

Anyway the latest map showing all recent GE polls looks like this:

Giuliani vs. Clinton:

Clinton: 198 EV
Giuliani: 160 EV

Toss-Up: 21 EV

I think CT is the next state to flip to Clinton when the new Quinnipiac poll comes out later this month ...
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 04:09:52 AM »

Anyway the latest map showing all recent GE polls looks like this:

Giuliani vs. Clinton:

Clinton: 198 EV
Giuliani: 160 EV

Toss-Up: 21 EV

I think CT is the next state to flip to Clinton when the new Quinnipiac poll comes out later this month ...

I think it's likely the GOP will win Florida, and have the battle to carry in Ohio and Pennsylvania. If FL and PA go to the GOP, there's a good chance they can pull out OH as well. Keep in mind, if the public was voting based on Iraq and Bush, then every democrat would be leading every Republican by atleast 20 pts in polls as they did in 1988. The fact that they are tied or close...and in some cases trailing...is a sign of another very close election.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 12:16:14 PM »

I really don't think the GOP has a prayer in 2008.  I just think this election is one of those natural cycles we see in America where a party has been in power for a number of years and the people want change.  (like 1952, 1968, 1980, etc.)

I think Clinton would have to f*** up royally to lose this one for the Dems. 
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 12:22:23 PM »

I donīt think Clinton will have an "emotional breakdown" (Quote Keystone Phil) like Segolene Royal did in her TV debate against Sarkozy ... Wink
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 12:52:20 PM »

I donīt think Clinton will have an "emotional breakdown" (Quote Keystone Phil) like Segolene Royal did in her TV debate against Sarkozy ... Wink

No, but oh, man, would I pay to see that.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 01:57:37 PM »

I really don't think the GOP has a prayer in 2008.

You Democrats are overestimating your parties strength. Given the GOP is tied/leading in many national polls shows that they are NOT voting based on Iraq and George Bush like the Democrats are counting on.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 02:09:44 PM »

You Democrats are overestimating your parties strength. Given the GOP is tied/leading in many national polls shows that they are NOT voting based on Iraq and George Bush like the Democrats are counting on.
Just as you're overestimating yours. There's a strong anti-GOP, anti-war mood in the nation. You ignore the danger at your own risk. Go ahead, ignore it, it'll come back and bite you in the ass in 2008.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 02:18:11 PM »

Just as you're overestimating yours. There's a strong anti-GOP, anti-war mood in the nation. You ignore the danger at your own risk. Go ahead, ignore it, it'll come back and bite you in the ass in 2008.

A party of wimps man. Always wanting to go back to the way we were in the 1990's.
Jaggerjack
Fabian_the_Fastman
Thailand

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -4.00

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 02:19:08 PM »
« Edited: July 30, 2007, 02:22:51 PM by Jomy Marks Shin »

A party of wimps man. Always wanting to go back to the way we were in the 1990's.
Roll Eyes If people made a stereotype of the GOP off of you, everybody would think the GOP was a party of morons.
Reaganfan
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 02:26:29 PM »

The Democratic Party is a party of very wimpy, weak people. Always wanting the Government to give everything to them. Since when should the Government pay for your medical bills? Get a clue. They care more about "lost freedoms" than stopping terror and while they are against the death penalty, they are for abortion. In other words...don't kill the killer...yet go ahead and kill a fetus. It's a party of hypocrites and if they do win next year, it's not because they achieved it themselves like the Republicans often did, but rather due to unpopular Republicans...and the writing is not yet done on 2008.

Remember in 1988...all polls showed Republicans in grave danger fresh after a Democrat sweep in the 1986 elections...the media focus was almost exlusively on the Democratic candidates Dukakis, Simon, Gephardt, Gore and Jackson...and in the Summer of '88...Democrats led by 20 pts. Then they nominated a Northeastern Liberal and lost.

I'm starting to think that 20 years later, the Democrats will once again nomination a liberal from the Northeast. Besides...if they do win...that's what..12 out of 40 years with a Democrat President, it appears that the public likes a "change" every once and a while...but when it comes to big boy issues, they know that the GOP is the way to go.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 02:40:42 PM »

Please stop ruining my topic, Mike.
2952-0-0
exnaderite
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2007, 02:47:55 PM »

This is outrageous!! The opposition party campaigns on the weaknesses of the current government!! HOW CAN THIS TRAVESTY BE ALLOWED?!?!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies