CNN: California could sway 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:12:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  CNN: California could sway 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: California could sway 2008  (Read 10306 times)
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: August 02, 2007, 04:48:42 AM »

It beats having California's huge stash of electoral votes being decided by a bunch of San Francisco crack head pot smoking dope addicts every time.

I think the GOP loses California not because of San Fran but because Southern Cal isn't as Republican friendly as it used to be.
Indeed. The Bay Area and LA county have trended hard left in the 1990's. I mean, LA County's the only thing keeping SoCal from voting Republican.

California voted Republican at the presidential level until the 80s, and the Bay Area was just as liberal then as it is now, if not more so.
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:20:03 PM »

I don't think there's much chance of this passing, just as the Colorado proposal had little chance in 2004, because it is so obviously politically motivated. (It's the only way the GOP is going to win any electoral votes in CA in 2008, too.)

If you're going to do things like this, why not abolish the electoral college and have the Presidency decided by straight popular vote, just like every other election?

what's the chance that this thing even makes it onto the ballot?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies