CNN: California could sway 2008 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:45:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  CNN: California could sway 2008 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: CNN: California could sway 2008  (Read 10299 times)
jacob_101

« on: August 01, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »

Until the drawing of congressional districts is removed from the hands of partisan hacks I cannot support these types of measures.  I would very much like to support this but gerrymandering is just too great a problem and I'm not sure anything can be done to solve it anymore.

A federal law requiring that all states use the Iowa-and-Minnesota system. if we could get a President elected who thought it important, he or she could get the Senate lockstep on it and probably guilt/threaten the House into passing it.

What is the MN-Iowa system?
jacob_101

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 12:49:38 PM »

I am sure this would be defeated just like the Colorado proposal.
The only way I would support this is if it was passed federally and gerrymandering was stopped.  Otherwise some states deciding to do it this way would favor one party or the other in national races.  Imagine California, New York and Pennsylvania decide to do this, but no large Republican states do, that would obviously help the Republican candidate, or vice versa.
Oh and Maine and Nebraska should stop doing it to.  They are going to mess up an election some day.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies